GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • IV (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Note to Team Canada's defensemen: You don't have to pinch EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It's especially brutal when they're holding a lead and still think it's a good idea to pinch on a 50/50 puck (or in some cases a puck they have almost no chance at) and allow Russia the inevitable 2 on 1 the other way.

Bowey's been brutal at this all tournament. It's just the opposition hasn't been talented enough to make Canada pay for it until now.

And I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Nurse in deep and Theodore pinch, instead of back off, with only about 10 seconds left in the period. It resulted in Reinhart being the only man back and having to take that penalty.

If Canada's defense simply plays smart hockey and doesn't pinch every single opportunity they get, this game is still out of reach.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
His great grandad Axel Lindros came over from Bredaryd. (near Värnamo.)

Ekblad is ofc from Swedish stock as well... his brother Darien mentioned it in an interview a few years ago... think it was great grandparent as well.

Hehe:) (Värnamo) Småland then?

Well you learn new stuff all the time!:)

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
McDavid line gets benched, give up 3 goals, McDavid line comes back spends 60 second in Russian zone.

Let him and Lazar kill penalties they will probably score a shorty

I miss the days when a team's best forwards would play in all situations, logging 22-23 minutes in a big game.

This skill-less grinding/checking line trap Canada keeps falling into is pissing me off. Can the people running the junior team not taken a clue from Yzerman et al and the Olympic teams?

At least Domi and Reinhart kill penalties, but McDavid is probably on pace for like 15 minutes of ice time this game which is a disgrace.

Oignon Saute

Dec 19, 2011
All except the Virtanen penalty have been clear calls so the blame here falls on the players. I would consider moving Point up to the top line, he was incredible that period and Duclair's been giving it away a ton since his strong start. I believe in Mcdavid.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Blame more like poor play from Canada!
Fucale is not playing great true but the team in front of him are clearly not helping him... Cough**Bowey**Cough and stupid penalties!!
Can't play a perfect game your goalie is there to stop the puck when things go wrong.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wish it would have been Gauthier's role to score that goal alone with the net at 5-1.....But it's not his role. This guy better not score as I'll be pissed to see him change his role like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad