GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • IV (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Continue here when limit is reached.

MOD WARNING:

Let's keep this thread on the topic of today's Canada-Russia game please. Discussing of officiating potential biases outside of the actual play during this game, while worthy of its own discussion, is better discussed in the context its own thread rather then hijacking this one. What may happen during the course of this game is fully up for discussion, what may have happened in Sochi or 27 years ago is off topic for this thread. Posts will be deleted as OT and posters may be thread-banned from from the GDT if they continuously take this thread OT with posts ignoring this warning.

Flaming / Off-Topic Nonsense will not be tolerated. First an infraction, then a thread ban.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I guess I don't have a problem with penalties now but the SAME things were being let go for Russia in 1st period.

His Beardliness*

Go Russia! I want to see Canadian kids cry tonight.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
As I said in the last thread, typical Hockey Canada underthinking it once again and taking too many skilled players instead of actually building a TEAM with role players

Adanac

Dec 15, 2013
lol...should have been a penalty shot and Canadians are whining about refs...right.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
when one team gets 2 of the last 4 power plays were routine hits. NHL style game. Boarding... call what the hell was that, and need to see the replay on the latest powerplay.

Russia is the only country in this tourny getting head scratching consecutive powerplays.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
What was the Canadian coach doing after the 5-1 collapse, sticking something between his butt?

The Russian coach is way more experienced and has way more smarts that's for sure. You don't win against Canada, and keep coming back like that.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Lets see the panda commercial that's been played 1000 times, we gotta cheer the puck into the Russia net :laugh:

Hankerchief*

If Canada loses this game the goat is on Canucks prospect Virtanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille