GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • IV (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As I said in the last thread, typical Hockey Canada underthinking it once again and taking too many skilled players instead of actually building a TEAM with role players

They've done that in years past and it's hasnt worked out any better.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Canada wins id they ride the top three lines and top defense pairing.

Loses if Gauthier and bowey keep playing every second shift like after it was 5-1.

Fucale choke job

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Not tonight
The only game that matters now

I specifically meant best dman tonight. Nurse has been on the ice for only one goal against (shorthanded). It wasn't his man that scored and he still managed to lay a huge hit.

Nurse's size and speed has been a huge asset in this game, calling him out is blind homerism against the Oilers.

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
As I said in the last thread, typical Hockey Canada underthinking it once again and taking too many skilled players instead of actually building a TEAM with role players

Who could have made the team over these guys. Best team we've had in years just terrible goaltending. Jarry>Fucale.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Gauthier was being played because he is the best defensive forward and they were trying to hold a 4 goal lead. Not his fault his team mates decide to do their best goon impressions and take terrible penalties, and the bust in net can't make a save.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
To the guy saying we should take grinders on this team and give them roles.

Feels like I watched grinders the whole 2nd with Gauthier Ritchie

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010

Go apply for a coaching job then. As if you know what it takes.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY

The game isn't over yet. I thought Canada has been awesome up until this point. It's gut check time now. We'll see what they're made of.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

Gauthier's line??? And they are playing too much over McDavid. Hicketts and Bowey are a bigger problem.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Canada need to use the best players. Even if they're defending. It sure beats pretending Gauthier is the new Bergeron.

Also the D needs to stop with the pinches. Changing G's could be smart.... Fucale's confidence might be shot right now and a goalie change might wake the rest of the team up!

Martian

Feb 3, 2014
some people still can't understand that IIHF reffing is different than NHL

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Can the refs please put that whistle away in the third? I think Russia has gotten enough PP's to come back now.

I want 18 mins of ES. If there isn't another penalty called, we will win this game, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad