WC: GOLD: Finland vs Canada

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
The funny thing is that he lived his whole live in Sweden and is born here. His favorite team is HV71, a classic swedish club. He told me this. And yet he has this huge dislike for Sweden. He is a finn-swede.

I gotta say his posts makes me laugh, he is a weird dude. But he gets out of control sometimes, needs to chill it a bit.
That's very common thing among finn-swedes, they are often more patriotic than Finns. Because in Sweden they are treated as "outsiders" and also in school/work/friend groups they have to listen every day these Sweden vs Finland battles and especially if Sweden wins.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Well.. i'd say they've looked very beatable in the last 2 games.
And still won. Even when they are not at the top of their game, they find ways to win.

Canada lost to Denmark. Canada has potential to be really bad and undisciplined with shoddy goaltending.

Losing to Denmark should disqualify you from the tournament.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
When Finland and Canada plays in final, all previous games are pretty much invalidated. It doesn't matter what happened previously.

Both teams are known for being a)clutch b)two mentally strongest teams. When it's time, both teams are able to deliver, that's why this is FIN-CAN 3rd time in a row.

For me it's impossible to find a favourite in this game. If these teams played 10 games, Canada would be favourite but in one game it's 50-50.

Reactions: Jaska and jj cale

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I appreciate the flattery but this is a 50-50 game today, we all know it as serious fans of this tournament and the game.
Well, I like those odds, but Finland might get a little shaky when they are playing at home-ice.

This was the case against Sweden earlier IMO.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Cant believe we can get 7,5 multiplier for Marko Anttilas goal at veikkaus. :D But I dont want to jinx it by betting him.. damn.. should I still bet.

Veikkaus are being analytical and realist. "No way this guy scores". But us believers know its a good bet..

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, I like those odds, but Finland might get a little shaky when they are playing at home-ice.

I think at times the home crowd will help Finland and at times perhaps hurt them, bit of a mixed bag today for them IMO.

This should be a great game, I mentioned in the Team Canada thread that I prefer having a game against Finland in the round robin, just to have the team to get a feel for what they will be facing against them, it's good preparation ( a game we likely would have lost may I add but that's not the point so much about playing Finland in the round robin games) That didn't happen this year and we have started a lot of games really slow so that concerns me today.

Let's see what happens.

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Historically, home ice is a disadvantage in medal round. Curious how this one goes. My guess is 4-3 but I have no idea who gets 4. Think it'll be a great game!

Bob P

Sep 4, 2021
And still won. Even when they are not at the top of their game, they find ways to win.

Canada lost to Denmark. Canada has potential to be really bad and undisciplined with shoddy goaltending.

Losing to Denmark should disqualify you from the tournament.
as a Fin fan you would like that wouldn't you.

Bob P

Sep 4, 2021
In Canada's offence there is a lot of depth but the only elite NHL-players are to my estimation: Barzal and PLD.
In defence there's obviously Chabot and a little lesser known players Sanheim and Severson.

On paper Canada has an edge, but we have seen better teams in the past so this could turn out on Finland's favor.
and you have seen poorer teams like last year.

MBrodeur

Mar 30, 2022
That's very common thing among finn-swedes, they are often more patriotic than Finns. Because in Sweden they are treated as "outsiders" and also in school/work/friend groups they have to listen every day these Sweden vs Finland battles and especially if Sweden wins.

As a Finn in Sweden this is 100% accurate. Nobody ever considered me Swedish and i had to get rid of the accent due to bulllying. Later into my teens it turned me into a patriot as a result.

Nowadays I cheer for both (but Finland first in terms of hockey) but growing up I was "forced" to be Finnish to a point where I embraced it.

Doubty

Mar 25, 2021
Only thing I hope for tomorrow is that we get rain in Monaco.. for more interesting GP. For the game I dont have to hope anything special, I trust our team and may the best team win. At least a medal in home games, good chance for gold.
Who the f*** cares about f1

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I can confirm this. Finns in Finland just assume I am a persu because of my idealized image of Finland..

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I can confirm this. Finns in Finland just assume I am a persu because of my idealized image of Finland..
I can confirm this as a Finn (Finborn by Tavastian, Karelian, Savonian, and Kymmene descent with Swedish, German, Russian, and American...), I even look like a skinhead "Persu" even I do not subscribe such idiocy.

En mie täs yhtäänt syyllist kaippaa. Lahtist ja konekivääriä mie kaippasin.

Go Finland Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad