WC: GOLD: Finland vs Canada

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Looks like Husqvarna just got banned and spamming now with different forum name?
The funny thing is that he lived his whole live in Sweden and is born here. His favorite team is HV71, a classic swedish club. He told me this. And yet he has this huge dislike for Sweden. He is a finn-swede.

I gotta say his posts makes me laugh, he is a weird dude. But he gets out of control sometimes, needs to chill it a bit.

Reactions: EK47 and FinPanda

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
Guys -- just in case I'm in a foul mood tomorrow and not talking. I love this tournament -- fans are great -- competition is great -- whole thing is a wonderful experience. Obviously better when your team does well, but I remember those 5 straight miserable years when Canada got bounced from the quarters. Hopefully we get 2 great games tomorrow..& the good guys win. As always -- been great.

Tyttojenvessa

May 23, 2019
Looks like Husqvarna just got banned and spamming now with different forum name?
My dearest friend Husqvarna did not get banned - Indeed, I just had a great discussion with him not ten minutes ago in the private chat. We both agreed upon what we think is the most fitting theme for tomorrow, aside from a utter canadian defeat - me and Husqvarna decided that a spectacular work of lyrical geniousness must be heard when Finland prevails over Canada tomorrow. I will reveal this song in this post, do not worry all good ol' canadian boys.

Canada (means chicken in finnish) bo-hoo, chicken country - 0 goals
Finland (greatest Finland) - 7 goals

Husqvarna told me that he has listened to this masterpiece of music on loop, and he gave me the great honour of revealing the song which he praises forever and ever

For sure, the good ol' canadian boys will be the "backstreet" boys tomorrow, just like me and Husqvarna was today!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I meant that if we lose tomorrow, Russia loses it's first place in something. I tired to be funny, apparently I failed 😅
I lost the plot, too giddy over todays sweet victory.

My dearest friend Husqvarna did not get banned - Indeed, I just had a great discussion with him not ten minutes ago in the private chat. We both agreed upon what we think is the most fitting theme for tomorrow, aside from a utter canadian defeat - me and Husqvarna decided that a spectacular work of lyrical geniousness must be heard when Finland prevails over Canada tomorrow. I will reveal this song in this post, do not worry all good ol' canadian boys.

Canada (means chicken in finnish) bo-hoo, chicken country - 0 goals
Finland (greatest Finland) - 7 goals

Husqvarna told me that he has listened to this masterpiece of music on loop, and he gave me the great honour of revealing the song which he praises forever and ever

For sure, the good ol' canadian boys will be the "backstreet" boys tomorrow, just like me and Husqvarna was today!

Those sons a bitches made a lot of cash and lasooed a ton of women. Sounds a lot like hockey players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cinderblox

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Slovakia and USA games were horrible to watch (tho good as hockey games), mentally tressful until the outcome. "Entertaining" they say.

I expect this game will be total nightmare to follow, especially if it's close one.

Good luck Canada. It's not gonna be easy milk delivery walk in a park for either of teams.

(There is already candles lit on my personal home shrine for Demi-God Jukka Jalonen, and more ready to be lit for his coronation to the full godhood.)

Reactions: jj cale

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Hopefully we can actually start the game without sleepwalking, unlike the last two games. I do not think we can afford to be a couple goals behind against Canada. Otherwise seems like a 50/50 game with a lot depending on whose goalies shows up.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
if Canada wins, it will be their 28th gold in this tourney. They will surpass Soviet Union/russia for most golds.

another way to indirecty piss off the Russians eh:laugh:
Yes :D I got a huge extra load of satisfaction out of us dominating and beating Russia in the Olympics final because of what happened in Ukraine immediately after. Putin is a hockey fanatic so beating their ass in Olympics is so delicious that it is hard to describe. In fact, this is why I feel like that win was more important than a win at a best-on-best Olympics would have been under normal circumstances.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Canada a huge favorite.

But Finland plays underdog hockey even when being a big favorite. So getting to play underdog hockey while being an actual underdog could help.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I'd say things are pretty even. Canada has always been the toughest for Finland. They skate fast, they hit hard, they shoot hard. The game pace vs Canada always high.

We'll see what happens but at least we've got the home crowd. I'm confident in our chances.

4-3 FIN

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I'd say things are pretty even. Canada has always been the toughest for Finland. They skate fast, they hit hard, they shoot hard. The game pace vs Canada always high.

We'll see what happens but at least we've got the home crowd. I'm confident in our chances.

4-3 FIN
Yes, there is a chance, but still I feel more insecure than ever during this tournament. Good thing is that there is nobody who would underestimate Team Canada. No fan, no player, no coach, not media.

It's hard to imagine scenario were Finns could just grind through the game for full 60 mins and manage to outskate Canada in the end. It won't work against them. Anyhow, Finns know their thing, also how to win.

It's not like it was often during yesteryears, before Jalonen's dynasty.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, the book keepers have this pretty much even. I agree: no strong favourite in this game. It will be a hard battle.

Reactions: jj cale

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Why on bloody Earth on Earth are you even afraid of small Finland?!

U.S.A and Canada.

Everybody knows that nobody plays hockey in U.S.A but in Canada.

U.S.A a population of 329,5 million - Canada population 38,01 million were everybody plays hockey by the million ... Jesus Christ.

You have cities bigger than whole o' Finland - go home ...

Go home Yankee boys from Tampere , Finland - even if Finland only have a populations of 5.54 million or so we'll give you a real go, go CANADA. And you bloody know it.

You CANADA even have larger cities than that all of Finland.

But Finland boys will fix it all.

Hit it Lawnmower Deth.

Like a Canadian in a penalty-shot:

Great Finland (Suur-Suomi) was not only a marskalk Mannerheim day dream - If Adolf Hitler (Germany) only have won the war. You can't even believe how deep in Finland troops were in Sovet Russia - Petroskoi was at the stop 1941-42.

Marskalk Mannerheim hated by they way that corporal Adolf Hitler and blow smoke at his face when they met on Mannerheims birthday. Believe it or not. Finland would'ave been rather huge.

en.wikipedia.org
Greater Finland - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org

Finland warfare ... and hockey.

Finnish Eye of Ra

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I believe Canada is 65-35 favourite. I happily pick these 2+ odds for Canadian win or Finland gold. Double my money or party time.
Thats heck of an insurance. Hope that includes OT. Should get one myself, and I usually have bad luck in coinflip games, which is good if I bet Canada.

Reactions: FinPanda

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
1653818161376.png
1653818200128.png

Tampere and Helsinki preparing for the possible win by blocking off the fountains/statues, lmao.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
In Canada's offence there is a lot of depth but the only elite NHL-players are to my estimation: Barzal and PLD.
In defence there's obviously Chabot and a little lesser known players Sanheim and Severson.

On paper Canada has an edge, but we have seen better teams in the past so this could turn out on Finland's favor.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
In Canada's offence there is a lot of depth but the only elite NHL-players are to my estimation: Barzal and PLD.
In defence there's obviously Chabot and a little lesser known players Sanheim and Severson.

On paper Canada has an edge, but we have seen better teams in the past so this could turn out on Finland's favor.
Maybe not elite but guys like Batherson and Johnson and others can hurt you, I wouldn't underestimate them, they are real good players.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
On paper Canada should win. But on the ice, the Finns are a way better team. They play as 5 man units. They are a better team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad