WC: GOLD: Finland vs Canada

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Canada was lethal today.

I hope we let Miro play as much as he physically can tomorrow - no need to save anything for the next game anymore. I know that’s not how Jalonen likes to roll things, though.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Please repeat 2016 WJC final and take the gold in home soil. If it is a close game, I can see the Finns having an advantage. Either a close Finland win or Canada destroying us.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Canada will be the favorite obviously, if they lead the third period more than 2 goals I will stop watching and forget about hockey for at least two months.
I was close to turning off the game when Slovakia was leading by 2 goals. Happy I didn't. Canada is way different though.. we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I was close to turning off the game when Slovakia was leading by 2 goals. Happy I didn't. Canada is way different though.. we'll see how it goes.
If they win i'll take at least two month brake from internet.

Canada is the team that does it homework. They will study us from top to bottom. They always know how to beat us.

Reactions: FinPanda

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
With this at stake, Canada will definitely win tomorrow and ruin Filppulas chances....
Yeah, the Canadians will be extra motivated now, since they've had it in for Filppula ever since he was spotted at a hotel breakfast in Toronto putting strawberry jam instead of maple syrup on his morning pancakes.

---

But... if Filppula manages to join the club, or "Kolmen Kullan Kerho", as we call it Finnish, the reporters get to have a field day with their headlines on Monday...

Hämeen Sanomat: FILPPULA KERHOON

AA-Posti: FILPPULA KORKKASI KOLMOSEN

Seiska: FILPPULA KULLITETTU KOLMASTI

Finnish News in English: FILPPULA JOINS THE KKK

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
It’s funny that everyone writes off Canada after they have one bad game in the group stage but in the medal round, Canada just ends up turning it on and wins

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Canada should win but these Jalonen teams just transform reality and throw logic out of the window and they might just pull it out yet again…

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Its boring if Canada always wins. They don't care about it and Finns would go absolute nuts. It just means so much more for us than it means for Canada. Of course the players care, but for a general Canadian is more like "oh cool we win again", they're happy about it but its not something that will start massive parties.

Finland wins and you can see everyone go to Tori (marketplace) and party for the whole night.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Its boring if Canada always wins. They don't care about it and Finns would go absolute nuts. It just means so much more for us than it means for Canada. Of course the players care, but for a general Canadian is more like "oh cool we win again", they're happy about it but its not something that will start massive parties.

Finland wins and you can see everyone go to Tori (marketplace) and party for the whole night.
Good thing you don't have to be worried about being bored then because Canada doesn't always win. I would say the Finns have been doing quite a bit of winning at this thing lately too eh?

If anything the fans of the other teams must be getting bored that it seems only Finland and Canada of late, sorry but you guys are in the same boat as us, the gold here isn't the exclusive Canada club.

You guys keep this up you will soon be fast on Canadas tail as MDT for the other teams fans, Most despised team, in fact you already probably are, I've even noticed the change among fans already on this site the last couple of years concerning Finland, people are getting aggravated by them more, cheering against them even against Canada sometimes.. Wow, times sure are changing but that comes with being successful of course.

As for wanting a team to win because of it's fans caring more, I doubt you would feel that way about the WJC with the roles reversed, lol.

Best of luck in the GMG.

Reactions: snipes

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Canada is migthy! When they're in top form, nobody can stop them. Oh wait a minute? But there is a nation. Finland with Jalonen. I'm in good spirits. As always, Canada will be very powerful offensively, but Suomi will disrupt a lot, work hard and the longer the game lasts, the crowd will bring the Finns into play better and better. Home field advantage used to be a disadvantage for Finland. Nowadays, with Jalonen, they have managed to take advantage of it.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Only thing I hope for tomorrow is that we get rain in Monaco.. for more interesting GP. For the game I dont have to hope anything special, I trust our team and may the best team win. At least a medal in home games, good chance for gold.

Yes I bet some for Russell's and Hamilton's win for that reason, the weather lol. Leclerc drives into the wall or crashes with Verstappen.

As for the WHC final, it's lottery to bet for the winner. The two best teams are in the final. J.Jalonen doesn't usually lose finals but one year ago he did lose one to Canada.

Reactions: QnebO

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi

I live near the capital and I promise to swim in Havis amanda if it turns out to our favor.

Reactions: king89 and FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Good thing you don't have to be worried about being bored then because Canada doesn't always win. I would say the Finns have been doing quite a bit of winning at this thing lately too eh?

If anything the fans of the other teams must be getting bored that it seems only Finland and Canada of late, sorry but you guys are in the same boat as us, the gold here isn't the exclusive Canada club.

You guys keep this up you will soon be fast on Canadas tail as MDT for the other teams fans, Most despised team, in fact you already probably are, I've even noticed the change among fans already on this site the last couple of years concerning Finland, people are getting aggravated by them more, cheering against them even against Canada sometimes.. Wow, times sure are changing but that comes with being successful of course.

As for wanting a team to win because of it's fans caring more, I doubt you would feel that way about the WJC with the roles reversed, lol.

Best of luck in the GMG.
I feel like Finns have became a bit more confident during the past few years. We are not anymore the team that always loses the finals, the team who can make the gold medal game but always keeps bringing home the silver.. then melting down from 2-3 goal leads.

I remember when fans from other countries hoped for Finland to win, and I still think most do when we play against Canada, since I don't feel like others than Canadians and some Swedes want to see Finland lose.

WJC is growing more and more popular in Finland. Its not WHC level yet, but more and more people follow it. Like half the population watch WHC.. Canada cares a lot more about WJC, and I love the tournament currently as well. Anything other than a medal is disappointing, preferably a gold medal.

Good luck to you as well.

I live near the capital and I promise to swim in Havis amanda if it turns out to our favor.
Good, I appreciate you for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad