Post-Game Talk: [GM48] Canucks lost to Blues in OT | 3-4 (Suter x3) | Swiss Army Knife

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm sorry but I'm liking everyone who is criticizing Pettersson in ot. The two costly turnovers before getting interfered with by Schenn for the game winner was brutal. Although the Schenn cross check was indeed a penalty, Pettersson should be much more aware of his surroundings and quicker to bounce back. Sometimes I feel like he spends too much time looking for the call rather than playing on, in this case to prevent a goal. Like someone said above, in April this play will never get called, so get accustomed to it. Petey had an off game tonight, although he was a major reason why we tied it. I thought he was way too non chelant on our final powerplay in the dying minutes. A behind the back pass that wasn't close to the point man, casually passing the puck when he had a shot. I admit, I was yelling at the screen lol. Alright enough being hard on Petterason.
Pettersson deserves better linemates. I've been screaming for Hoglander to get a chance, but Tochett still isn't allowing the opportunity. I think Hogs creativity and ability to drive and force plays would be refreshing on Peteys line. The Mikheyev experiment has gone stale.

I gotta admit I was shitting bricks when I saw Hughes get cross checked down by Sundqvist, so happy that he's alright. I absoluely love the anger he showed and intensity to get the Canucks back into it. Even if blowing a tire almost costed them the game, you can never question the Captains heart. He dies with the team. I love it.

Zads was softer than butter on the goal. I would of benched him too. A softer Myers on that play.

Miller needs to wakeup. Boeser needs to keep it simple and shoot 1000 pucks on net for practice.

Suter was a God tonight.

Honestly happy to get a point in a game where it didn't look like anything was working for us. I'll take it.

I hate hate 3 on 3 with a passion.

Very relieved Hughes is okay and that the Canucks squeezed out a point. On to the next.

Go Nucks

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I think it strange Z got benched, I thought he played quite well up until the goal that got him benched.
He wasn't good. Missed his assignments that resulted in goals. After that last one by toropchenko, he was stapled to the bench

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Being slow to get back up was at least half due to being gassed.

Now why was he gassed... because he overstayed his shift, why did he overstay his shift, because he wanted to redeem himself after turning over the puck trying to force it to stay in the zone in OT instead of playing the puck out of the zone to keep possession.

Good reminder for him that stuff doesn't get called in the playoffs.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Petey acting like he got shot to try and sell the call was the worst part, get the f*** up and go back to defending

I don’t think he’s trying to sell it personally

I just think he is dog tired at the end of a shift where he had an attrocious turnover where he should have been looking for a change. Way too long of a shift

Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes have been guilty of wayyy to long of shifts in OT

Garland is one of the best

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
He wasn't good. Missed his assignments that resulted in goals. After that last one by toropchenko, he was stapled to the bench
I only seen one he was to blame on, not sure what other goals were his fault.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Man I sat through those mid first two periods and missed all the good stuff. Great that we squeezed out a point.

Reactions: quat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad