GDT: GM #6 LA Kings vs Montreal Candiens @7:30 How Kempe found his smile again!

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
You’re not Jeff Carter, hoss, nor do you have the personnel and doctors he has.

It was a contusion. He isn’t out a month. I’d be shocked.

Take a Xanax.

Who said contusion? Source?

They said he'd be out for a little while. How he reacted after the hit seemed to indicate that he got cut.

And you don't know who I am so please don't assume anything about me before actually knowing me.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Who said contusion? Source?

They said he'd be out for a little while. How he reacted after the hit seemed to indicate that he got cut.

And you don't know who I am so please don't assume anything about me before actually knowing me.
I said contusion. I’m the source. As much as your “I was hurt for 20 days/weeks/years so this is going to happen to Jeff” source. Hell, your response was based off of my theory lol Even if I’m wrong, you played ball.

And where did I say I knew you? If I knew you I’d probably love you. I’m sure you’re a swell dude. Hell, you're a Kings fan.

Look, I’m sorry for being an arse. My wife divorced me for it.

Let’s share a whiskey and move on :)

Plus, we have a Ducks fan in here. We need to attack him! ;)

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
DMeqZ2RU8AU2_XL.jpg

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
If you watch the video Petry's skate hit him in the calf/high ankle, might be a hairline fracture of some kind.. If so could be a few weeks I suppose..

Team responded well tonight after Carts left the game. Next man up.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Quick quietly played a real solid game. He kept us in it until the Kings started converting on their scoring chances. This game could have easily gone the other way if he didn't bail us out a few times.

I've always believed that the shot limiting style the Kings played under Sutter hurt Quick's save percentage. Now that he's facing more shot volume his SV% will likely go up.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
If you watch the video Petry's skate hit him in the calf/high ankle, might be a hairline fracture of some kind.. If so could be a few weeks I suppose..

Team responded well tonight after Carts left the game. Next man up.
Oh man, a fracture and all bets are off. That’s a couple months.

Look at us, all of us doctors :D

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Quick quietly played a real solid game. He kept us in it until the Kings started converting on their scoring chances. This game could have easily gone the other way if he didn't bail us out a few times.

I've always believed that the shot limiting style the Kings played under Sutter hurt Quick's save percentage. Now that he's facing more shot volume his SV% will likely go up.
I predicted Quick would win the Vezina last year on this board, he, then, shortly after my proclamation, was out for 3/4 of the season.

With our new style, you’re dang right. His numbers will be, probably, his best ever (minus the strike season).

We’ve had so many wonderful posters illustrate how numbers for goalies are better when they face more shots. Quick has always been better when he gets active quick (no pun), and stays active.

I want to say a Vezina year, but I won’t. I’m biting my fist.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Oh for sure. His save pct is very skewd over the years because of the low shots against . If he saves 30 plus a night like many teams, his numbers would be much higher.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
plus he's not a percentage butterfly goalie, he thrives on staying warm, staying in the action, staying emotionally engaged. that possession style was almost completely predictive on when we'd get scored on next :laugh:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Agree that Jon Quick was the 2nd star last night, even though it felt great as a Kings fan to see Squid grab 4 pts. I remember being excited when the Kings drafted him in the second round, especially since they got the pick by getting rid of Aki Berg.

I always thought he was treated unfairly in his arbitration dispute by Lombardi. Looking back, I think how the Kings handled MC was a great example of bad asset management all the way to the end where he ended being traded for a 1st round bust, Colton Teubert.

It was pretty shocking to see the Kings blow the game open in the third, really felt that it came out of nowhere. Didn’t seem like they were getting sequences of shifts with sustained pressure. And with the loss of Carter and the Kopitar line match up on Drouin, line combos were all over the place. When Kempe scored to get the lead, it felt like they finally put the puck in the net after the tenth outnumbered attack, but it was impossible to see where the puck went in.

Will be interested to watch practice lines the next couple of days. Finding a replacement for Carter should be interesting, assuming he travels with the team. I’m hoping they give Dowd a look between Pears/Toff in a game.

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Pearson Dowd Toffoli
Cammilleri Kempe Lewis
Brodzinski Shore Auger
Andreoff Amadio

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
f*** that's awful news about Carter :[

Stoked about Kempe's hat trick, as well as Cammy's strong play. Hope those boys can pick up some of the slack. I wouldn't worry too much about Milbury, the dude is an irrelevant f*** head.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Next man up with Carter out.

I continue to be impressed with Iafallo.

Very solid start to the season.

The Habs are trash. Bergevin has made a mess there. Way to go Marc.

marc-bergevin-26-ans.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad