GDT: GM #6 LA Kings vs Montreal Candiens @7:30 How Kempe found his smile again!

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Montreal Canadiens (1-4-1, 3 pts) :thumbd:at Los Angeles Kings (4-0-1, 9 pts):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30 PM PT | TV: NBCSN | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Season Series (2016-17): 0-1-1
Leading Scorers:
MTL: Jonathan Drouin, 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 pts
LAK: Anze Kopitar, 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 pts

LINES*
:kings

Jonathan Quick

Extras: Nic Dowd, Kurtis MacDermid
Injuries: Marian Gaborik, Kyle Clifford (week-to-week)

:habs
Max Pacioretty(C)-Jonathan Drouin-Artturi Lehkonen
Paul Byron-Tomas Plekanec-Brendan Gallagher
Charles Hudon-Phillip Danault-Andrew Shaw
Alex Galchenyuk-Torrey Mitchell-Ales Hemsky

Victor Mete-Shea Weber
Karl Alzner-Jeff Petry
Joe Morrow-Brandon Davidson

Carey Price (starting? played against Sharks)
Al Montoya

Extras: Dave Schlemko, Jacob De La Rose, Jordie Benn

*Lines subject to change. Will change if necessary

News/Notes
  • The Habs got off to a bad start on their California road trip dropping their first game 5-2 against the Sharks as the Habs lose their 11th straight game in San Jose and 5th straight game this season.
  • Carey Price not off to the best start sporting only a 3.56 GAA with a .885 save %. It is unknown whether or not Price will start again against the Kings. With the Habs start being less than stellar I would not be surprised if Claude Julien goes with Montoya.
  • The Kings defeated the New York Islanders by a narrow score of 3-2. It was a back and forth affair with the Isles getting their fair share of chances, but the Kings lead by leading point man Anze Kopitar and defenseman Drew Doughty converted a 2 on 1 short handed goal to give the Kings the edge.
  • Darcy Kuemper earns his first win as an LA Kings player with 23 saves after playing 5 seasons with the Minnesota Wild
  • Former 2013 4th round pick, Justin Auger, just got called up by the LA Kings and is looking to make his official NHL debut against the Montreal Canadiens. Auger was a part of the Manchester Monarchs who won the Calder Cup in the 2014-15 season. Auger has 43 goals, 42 assists in 202 AHL games, but currently no points yet this season with the Ontario Reign
  • Johnny Brodzinski makes way for Justin Auger as he gets sent back down to the Ontario Reign.
  • This is officially the Kings best 5 game start in the Franchise's 51 year history

Tweets of the Game!

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Habs fan here. Who are Forbort, Kempe and Iafollo? I am coming here from the Muzzin trade talk thread. I always thought he was the guy who played with Doughty. Also, enjoy your win.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Habs fan here. Who are Forbort, Kempe and Iafollo? I am coming here from the Muzzin trade talk thread. I always thought he was the guy who played with Doughty. Also, enjoy your win.

Forbort is a former 1st round pick from the 2010 draft. He was the last person from the first round to play an NHL game, but he's been a solid partner for Drew over last season and into this season. Kempe is a first round pick from the 2014 draft. He's been our top forward prospect for some time, but he's been really inconsistent both in the NHL and AHL level. I'm not surprised you're not familiar with Iafallo because he was an undrafted college free agent signing from Minnesota Duluth. He's been a big part of Brown and Kopitar's hot start this season. Many were not expecting him to be on the roster to start the season, but he's shown he belongs.

And yeah Muzzin has not played with Doughty since our last cup win. Doughty's partner over the past couple of seasons have been McNabb or Forbort.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I understand not knowing who Iafallo is but Forbort and Kempe? :laugh:

-Forbort was one of our best D-men last season, plays a similar game to Willie Mitchell. He's mostly partnered with Drew Doughty.
-Kempe for awhile has been regarded our "top prospect"; he's fast, poor in his own end, and has yet shown he can produce at this level.
-Iafallo so far has been a stud for us. He was not really expected to make the team but he did. Fast, very good hockey IQ, has a Parise style to him.

Reactions: KingTrouty

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
surprised to see auger up, but i'm glad to see the staff exploring all their options instead of just banging their head against the wall and continuing to press line combinations that aren't working

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I understand not knowing who Iafallo is but Forbort and Kempe? :laugh:

-Forbort was one of our best D-men last season, plays a similar game to Willie Mitchell. He's mostly partnered with Drew Doughty.
-Kempe for awhile has been regarded our "top prospect"; he's fast, poor in his own end, and has yet shown he can produce at this level.
-Iafallo so far has been a stud for us. He was not really expected to make the team but he did. Fast, very good hockey IQ, has a Parise style to him.
He’s a Habs fan, 24, they don’t leave their bubble.

Give him a pat on the head and a cookie. Still, it’s nice of you to explain our guys to him.

Now, he should f*** off. f*** the enemy

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
So stoked for this game tonight. Our guys are on a mission, and Carts hasn’t even started yet.

Here’s to continuing our best start in franchise history.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Last game of a long homestand and right before a long road trip is a classic trap game. Montreal is struggling to score and playing a back to back, coming off a loss to SJ. Kings need to get the jump on the Habs early and take advantage of a fragile team.

Price played last night, so I’m hoping for their backup, but wouldn’t be surprised or disappointed to see a head to head with Quick.

Keys the the game will be shutting down Drouin and Pacioretty. MTL gave up 35 shots to the Sharks last night, with 20 alone coming in the second, getting out scored 3-1.

I’m expecting Stevens to match up Kopitar and Doughty on Drouin. So it’s up to Carter’s line and Muzz’n’Marty on D to hopefully be the difference makers tonight.

Kings win, 2-1, OT(SO)!

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
here's to ensuring the backup goalie curse from the Sutter era is over

let's introduce the Kings to Habs fans
no slow starts!

GOKINGSGO!

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Both fanbases seem to think LA is going to win. I take that as a contrarian indicator that we're going to lose. Seems like a trap game.

Side note: The Kings all time win percentage verses Montreal is .297. That's the lowest all time win percentage they have against any team in the NHL.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Both fanbases seem to think LA is going to win. I take that as a contrarian indicator that we're going to lose. Seems like a trap game.

Side note: The Kings all time win percentage verses Montreal is .297. That's the lowest all time win percentage they have against any team in the NHL.

Yep, something's gotta give for BOTH teams at some point, and that means a MTL win, followed by some good ol' east coast and canadian media Kopitar/Doughty/Quick bashin.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley

Yep, something's gotta give for BOTH teams at some point, and that means a MTL win, followed by some good ol' east coast and canadian media Kopitar/Doughty/Quick bashin.
:(

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->