GDT: GM #6 LA Kings vs Montreal Candiens @7:30 How Kempe found his smile again!

Jul 31, 2005
CA
The NHL needs to force these guys to wear cut resistant skate socks and hockey socks. These socks area available to beer leaguers but as we know NHL players will always say "it's not comfortable". That's why you see guys wear shoulder pads from 2002 and they talked about Weber wearing shin pads from when he played juniors. Protective equipment has taken giant strides forward as far as protection, weight, breathability and anti-gunk materials. I play beer league hockey and wear cut resistant skate and hockey socks. Both are incredibly comfortable and not expensive, zero reason not to wear it. And it looked like Carter wasn't wearing any socks at all, this injury was 100% preventable.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Thankfully the next month gives LA an East-heavy schedule with only like 3 divisional games. If you're going to give up a few extra points due to injuries, this is a good spot to do it.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Tendon damage, per John Shannon. Never a good thing. I'm scared it's like Erik Karlsson injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't see how you don't bring up Amadio at this point. Down struggled as a 3C/4C last season, he isn't the guy to man the middle for TP/TT. can't believe we're starting to get hit with the injury bug again.. fml... However, i do feel we are better prepared to deal with it, with our depth even if the talent level is limited ( Shore/Dowd/Lewis)..

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown ..... clicking very well and needs to stay together
Pearson - Amadio/Dowd/Shore - Toffoli .... I've got nothing other than TP/TT can produce with anyone
Cammalleri - Kempe - Lewis .... Kempe seems to have found the perfect line mate in Lewis who can almost match his speed and alleviates defensive pressures
Andreoff - Amadio/Shore/Dowd - Auger .... lets hope Auger can be a wrecking ball omniscience's this line

Amadio and Shore would be my guys, I just don't have faith in Dowd to not be defensive liability...

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Tendon damage, per John Shannon. Never a good thing. I'm scared it's like Erik Karlsson injury.

dean-winchester-crying.gif

Reactions: KingTrouty

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Oh God. I hope this doesn't f*** up his speed. Seriously how does such an innocent looking play have such a result.. Wtf happened

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Laich wasn't terrible in the preseason. It's not the worst thing in the world....

Gaborik comes back in 2-ish weeks. Gaborik's no stranger to the center position.
Wasn't terrible in the preseason means jack all. He's a nice dude but he's no Jeff Carter, I mean dudes struggled the past few seasons.

Reactions: TruKingFan

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Oh God. I hope this doesn't **** up his speed. Seriously how does such an innocent looking play have such a result.. Wtf happened

This might be a deeper issue. For all the piles of goals our forwards have so-far scored, Carter has zero and 3 assists. I'm calling it now. This has been a lingering problem for Carter and it wasn't until last night that he realized it's something he cannot "just play through". We'll see if my speculation is worth a damn in the next few days/weeks.....

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
This might be a deeper issue. For all the piles of goals our forwards have so-far scored, Carter has zero and 3 assists. I'm calling it now. This has been a lingering problem for Carter and it wasn't until last night that he realized it's something he cannot "just play through". We'll see if my speculation is worth a damn in the next few days/weeks.....
He literally got cut by a skate last night. That is not a lingering issue.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
plus he's not a percentage butterfly goalie, he thrives on staying warm, staying in the action, staying emotionally engaged. that possession style was almost completely predictive on when we'd get scored on next :laugh:
I think the embolden is true of most goalies though.

Goaltending is tough psychologically because you have to maintain a high level of concentration through out the game. That becomes more difficult when you're not physically engaged (facing shots).

Ironically, I always felt like the Kings high volume shot mentality helped opposing goaltenders get into rhythm and stay engaged.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If it's just a cut, we should be relieved.

Not having Carter hurts in the short term, but it does give the coaching staff an opportunity to develop the offensive game of Kempe/Shore by giving them a chance as second line center. I think Shore does have some offensive upside.

What about Iafallo? Didn't he play center in college?

Cammalleri also has ample experience playing center.

Reactions: TruKingFan

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Even if Laich is called up, I doubt he will center the Pearson and Toffoli. Kings have options. Kempe can spend some time there. Iafallo can move down to center them as well and Shore played ok in his limited time last night.

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Shore-Toffoli
Cammalleri-Kempe-Lewis
Andreoff-Dowd-Auger
Laich

Still a big hole that Carts leaves. Damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad