GDT: GM #3: LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @ 7:30

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Who cares if Doughty talks ****. It's hockey.

I swear some of you want mindless drones out there. Except for the one enforcer who's a literal Viking.

Doughty was talking ****. I thought it was hilarious and entertaining. He doesn't have to fight anyone. Gretzky jawed with guys all the time.
So much this.

What the hell is up with our fanbase, yo?

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Guys fight all the time. What's the %'s on guys breaking their hands? But no, I wouldn't be ok if he broke his hand obviously. It's ok, Tkachuk will just keep laughing at Doughty and getting him off his game every time they play. No big deal.

Guys fighting are usually those who know what they are doing. How often does a teams #1 dman fight? Hardly ever....

Since when do vets need to prove anything to 19 ur old shit talkers? Again his job is to agitate and to try and get doughty off the ice. Shit talking goes on all the time, there's nothing embarrassing to what happened tonight

Reactions: KingTrouty

Winger23

May 3, 2007
i mean i'm not saying i'm gonna build a franchise around him. there's something to be said for winning a 50 save game and then turning around and giving up 5 goals, which is something he's also prone to do. he's just, very much so, capable of singlehandedly winning games and i think we got fed enough of that "quick just got hot during 2012, he's not elite" crap that we shouldn't be saying the same about other goalies

No I agree with you, when he's hot he's as good as the best of best. I'm just trying to say you can say that about alot of goalies around the league. Your first post I interpreted as your opinion of him was as if he's a top 5 goalie in the league which is what I was debating...

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Lewis lost us this game if we’re gonna be specific. He took the player rather than diagnose the puck/play. He was in perfect position to disrupt the play. Still, I don’t even blame Lewis. He isn’t known for his keen hockey IQ (as great a fourth liner as he is). This is on Stevens for icing a weird ass combo in OT.

This Muzz loathing is ridiculous.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
So did Dustin Brown hate playing for Sutter the last couple of years or what?
Tonight was a flashback of Brown earlier this decade. Hitting, scoring, and being a pain in the ass player.

Man if he can produce, could be a decent year..

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
We lost because we got our coached. Dumb f***ing move by Stevens. Put Toffoli and Pearson out there with all that ice and let the skilled young ambitious players make it more interesting . Not 2 benders . Second they were out there I knew it was over

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So did Dustin Brown hate playing for Sutter the last couple of years or what?
Tonight was a flashback of Brown earlier this decade. Hitting, scoring, and being a pain in the ass player.

Man if he can produce, could be a decent year..

I doubt it was Sutter. Brown hasn't changed his approach to the game. He's just finally getting the points. He hit the post a lot the last few seasons or the goalies would make great saves on him. I think his game has been steadily coming back since 2014.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Tough loss, but great play by Brown and Kopitar tonight.

The Carter line needs to get it going.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Also I haven't seen a Kings team pass the puck like that in awhile.

Amazing when you hit passes and move the puck how much faster a team can look.

Not even upset they lost in OT, it was so cool to see cross ice passes again, people going to the net, and you know play hockey.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Tough loss, but great play by Brown and Kopitar tonight.

The Carter line needs to get it going.

The Carter line had a couple good looks, but they haven't been as effective as last year.

Biggest problem to me is the abysmal powerplay. Toffoli as the 4th forward just isn't working for me. I wonder if Kopitar would be a better forward on the point?

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
The Kings were good after a slow start. Brightside: Still unbeaten in regulation 2-0-1. Stevens took a chance with 22 & 21 and got burned. A turnover is killer especially 3 on 3 OT. It was a 2 on 1 against a forward that turned into a 3 on 2 against two forwards. Game over!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00