Giroux Interference on Letang

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I don't think you understand what blindside it is. Giroux came from another direction, clearly targeted Letang and lunged into him. Dirty, gutless play.

The irony of calling someone out while not realising it cant be a blindside hit if you are looking directly at the player hitting you.

Reactions: Amorgus

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
How are people saying he didn't see him? He literally looks directly at Letang lmao

Don't think its suspension worthy but it looks pretty intentional to me.

Reactions: Rob Brown

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
I think your clock is broken.

Quarter of a second. Okay. :laugh:

What does your clock say when you watch the hit in real time?

Keep in mind Giroux cant see through Couturier using his X-ray vision.

JackFrost

Feb 18, 2018
The referees were terrible in this game. Possibly deliberate to make it a series because Game1 was so lopsided and this is one of the series they are trying to sell the hardest. You couldn't help but laugh at calling a double on Hornqvist when pushed face first into the boards.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What does your clock say when you watch the hit in real time?

Keep in mind Giroux cant see through Couturier using his X-ray vision.

Full second, atleast.

Giroux is an elite player with elite vision. He knows where Letang is before Couturier blocks his vision.

I don't think he will get suspended for this because there are so many counter arguments that you make here to spin this as 'accidental', but don't think for a second that Giroux doesn't know what he is doing here. Either way he might just have turned this series around with that 'collision'.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I don’t think it’s suspension worthy, but anyone who thinks giroux did not have control over that situation is really underestimating nhl players.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Full second, atleast.

Giroux is an elite player with elite vision. He knows where Letang is before Couturier blocks his vision.

I don't think he will get suspended for this because there are so many counter arguments that you make here to spin this as 'accidental', but don't think for a second that Giroux doesn't know what he is doing here. Either way he might just have turned this series around with that 'collision'.

A full second? You either didn't watch the event in real time or you are not being honest.

I don't know if you are trying to fool yourself or others about Giroux doing this intentionally.

Edit: I timed it for you, barely 0.4 seconds from the time Couturier gets out of the way to reveal Letang flying in.

Last edited:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
giphy.webp

Reactions: ellja3

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Full second, atleast.

I don’t really get what your argument is here. The only reason he’s in the line he’s on is because Crosby bumped him. What do you expect him to do? There’s no time to get out of the way at all.

Can someone answer that question? What is he to do?

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I don’t really get what your argument is here. The only reason he’s in the line he’s on is because Crosby bumped him. What do you expect him to do? There’s no time to get out of the way at all.

Can someone answer that question? What is he to do?

Sharp cut to the side? Opens himself up to either taking or giving a nasty knee or ankle injury, and a tripping penalty.
Drop to the ice? Could end up getting cut or breaking Letang's leg. Tripping penalty as well.
Try to turn? Could result in a headshot or high-sticking on Letang, or the opposite coming back.

I think he made the only play he could have: brace for the impact, try to minimize damage as much as he could. Unfortunate result from a strange play. I don't see any malice in the hit, and ultimately don't consider it dirty or even questionable.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Dont have a dog in the hunt but what I saw was a mix of oops and wtf?

He is put on the path to hit Letang because of the push of Crosby, but when he sees Letang he doesn't do a whole lot to minimize the contact.

The difference between this play and the Forsberg play is that Forsberg lined Vesey up and then it also didnt help that he left him in a pile of blood. Giroux didnt line Letang up, but he took his opportunity once he saw it coming.

Probably ends up being nothing but who knows anymore.

Reactions: wej20

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Worst part was the refs blew the play dead for no reason. Pens have a player down stop play while flyers enter ozone. When Patrick went down they let play continue for the pens going to ozone.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Pens fans please answer these 2 questions

1. What should giroux have done instead
2. Why was letang skating into him

Look at all the responses to this post !!!!

Shrek and Hornpuke will most likely get fined for embellishment and the NHL laughs at the G hit. Pens fans watch these games in a fantasy world.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
The referees were terrible in this game. Possibly deliberate to make it a series because Game1 was so lopsided and this is one of the series they are trying to sell the hardest. You couldn't help but laugh at calling a double on Hornqvist when pushed face first into the boards.
Haha, yeah ok. Pretty sure the Flyers were shorthanded more but sure. The refs wanted to give them the game.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Seriously guys, the cognitive dissonance when it comes to hits on this board is really troubling. Did Giroux intend to kill Letang? Of course not. Did he nefariously plot out this vicious assault on he Pens best D ahead of time? cmon. Did Giroux see it coming at the last second and say "well ill get the most of this." Absolutely. Why cant we just be real about what happened here? There was a collision that was probably noones fault and Giroux leaned into it because why the hell not?

There are so many people on both sides lying to themselves in this thread and the Kadri thread and every Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand thread. What is going on here?

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Seriously guys, the cognitive dissonance when it comes to hits on this board is really troubling. Did Giroux intend to kill Letang? Of course not. Did he nefariously plot out this vicious assault on he Pens best D ahead of time? cmon. Did Giroux see it coming at the last second and say "well ill get the most of this." Absolutely. Why cant we just be real about what happened here? There was a collision that was probably noones fault and Giroux leaned into it because why the hell not?

There are so many people on both sides lying to themselves in this thread and the Kadri thread and every Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand thread. What is going on here?
Spot on. Especially the part about people lying to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad