Giroux Interference on Letang

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
If you have played contact hockey you know what happened. Slimmy play and the refs will not call something after the fact.
If Reeves was still with the team this probably wouldn't happen.

If you want to see slimy...watch Hornqvists work on a teenager.

If only Shultzie was still playing...:laugh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Completely unbiased fan here. Dirty play by Giroux cause the puck is nowhere near Letang. And yes, its obvious Giroux jumped into the hit. Meaning he knew what he was doing. Meaning he meant to Kronwall Letang there.

Reactions: Owenay

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley
If you have played contact hockey you know what happened. Slimmy play and the refs will not call something after the fact.
If Reeves was still with the team this probably wouldn't happen.

I've played contact hockey since I was 9. This would have happened regardless of who was on the ice. If this were a bunch of 4th liners there would be no thread. He saw him at the last second squatted to brace him self and exploded with his thighs upward. Which is exactly how you brace yourself in ANY contact sport.

I wish Ryan Reeeves were still there too, because it would make the Penguins a worse team and try to goon it up, putting them in the box more. That's what they have Honquist for though apparently he really showed that Patrick kid last night by sitting in the box for a dumb reason while his team got further out of reach.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
If you want to see slimy...watch Hornqvists work on a teenager.

If only Shultzie was still playing...:laugh:
I seem to remember a Flyer cross-checking the teeth out of a teenager in 05-06, not slimy at all............in fact Flyers fans were on here laughing and bragging about it.....

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Man, they just let Crosby do whatever he wants, huh? He almost takes someone's finger off, hits an unsuspecting dude in the nads, and completely destroys his defenseman. No hearing. Despicable

;)

Reactions: ArchAngel55

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I seem to remember a Flyer cross-checking the teeth out of a teenager in 05-06, not slimy at all............in fact Flyers fans were on here laughing and bragging about it.....

I thought we were talking about the last game, not ancient history.

When your team has employed the likes of Matt Cooke, James Neal, Ulf Samuelsson, Paul Baxter, Steve Durbano etc etc etc you really shouldn't complain about other teams dirty players. Heck Crosby and Malkin can be as dirty as anyone. There was ONE player running around trying to injure the opposition last game...he was on YOUR team.

I remember Hatcher doing that (I didn't think it was a wise move at the time) and my opinion was that Crosby would never forget it when he played Philly. He hasn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackWithaVengeance

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Let's see what happens today. If anyone deserves anything it's Hornqvist. That being said if the Pittsburgh team is as upset as their fans someone would challenge Giroux.

We'll see neither though I'm sure.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I thought we were talking about the last game, not ancient history.

When your team has employed the likes of Matt Cooke, James Neal, Ulf Samuelsson, Paul Baxter, Steve Durbano etc etc etc you really shouldn't complain about other teams dirty players. Heck Crosby and Malkin can be as dirty as anyone. There was ONE player running around trying to injure the opposition last game...he was on YOUR team.

I remember Hatcher doing that (I didn't think it was a wise move at the time) and my opinion was that Crosby would never forget it when he played Philly. He hasn't.

If Hörnqvis connects there both him and Manning would be done for the playoffs. That was nasty.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Crazy dirty by Giroux.

You can tell that the second he stepped on the ice he was hunting Letang with his ass.

The entire sequence was carefully orchestrated by him to have Letang skate straight into him.

Predatory and premeditated. I'd file charges against him.

Vicious ass hit targeted directly at the left palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad