Giroux Interference on Letang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Has anyone here calling Giroux dirty played hockey before? You’re moving full speed, backwards, about to collide with someone - would you just go limp and let them run you over? No - you brace yourself - just like Giroux did.

It looks worse because he’s bracing himself backwards, so putting his elbows back to initiate contact rather than be run over. It is what it is.

He braced for contact? I don’t think brace means jump into the collision harder and throwing your elbows back into someone’s head. Giroux needed to be more responsible but he knew what he doing and had an intent to injure.

After he did he threw up the hands “what,what?” and then had a smile about it as Letang went off.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Crosby had quite a game. Misses an easy gimmee, hits a post, and nearly gets his best D-man killed. Atta boy Sid.

Reactions: Victory5

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
He braced for contact? I don’t think brace means jump into the collision harder and throwing your elbows back into someone’s head. Giroux needed to be more responsible but he knew what he doing and had an intent to injure.

After he did he threw up the hands “what,what?” and then had a smile about it as Letang went off.
Seriously? :laugh:

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Pens fans (not all, but a good chunk) give everybody else really good reason to despise them, with threads like this popping up. Between this and the Manning thread my lord.

Crosby tried shoving Giroux into his own player, and he didn't collide with him. Instead, Letang was right behind him. Did he see Letang? You bet. He braced for it. What in God's name do you want Giroux to do there? Hit the deck and hit Letang in the knee and then Giroux gets a knee to the back or the helmet? Do a figure skating 720 spinorama jump out of the way to fall awkwardly and hurt his own knee/leg/ankle? Hockey players need to protect themselves. Letang didn't, Giroux did.

I also find it to be hilarious, during game 1 a lot of Pens fans were giving this whole mantra out Philly was going to goon it up. There wasn't a single glove dropped. And to be honest, Hornqvist slamming Patrick's head into the ice was the dirtiest thing in the series so far.

Stop being obnoxious brutal homers and enjoy the games instead of over analyzing everything that doesn't go your way like children, then running to the computer to post about it on a forum.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Crosby had quite a game. Misses an easy gimmee, hits a post, and nearly gets his best D-man killed. Atta boy Sid.

Yah. Idk why he was whining to the media about the league looking into the hit...

It was mostly Crosby's fault lol.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't see interference, I see an unfortunate collision with an unfortunate result.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Penguins always the victim.

Sincerely,James Neal / Matt Cooke.
You realize that there are only 3 penguins left on the team since Neal and Cooke played here, right? Crosby, Malkin, Letang. Not even the same coaching staff remains.

Stop living in the past and update your material. Every post you embarrass yourself with tired memes from half a decade ago.

Reactions: fragmag

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
You realize that there are only 3 penguins left on the team since Neal and Cooke played here, right? Crosby, Malkin, Letang. Not even the same coaching staff remains.

Stop living in the past and update your material. Every post you embarrass yourself with tired memes from half a decade ago.
Yet nothing has changed.

ehunt29

May 23, 2017
If you have played contact hockey you know what happened. Slimmy play and the refs will not call something after the fact.
If Reeves was still with the team this probably wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad