GDT: Germany Vs Canada | 12/26 @ 6PM ET | TSN/NHLN

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Is there a spot you can find these rules?
IIHF - Tournament Info 2021 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
In the semi-finals the best-ranked team - criteria: 1) placement in the group, 2) points in the preliminary round, 3) goal difference in the preliminary round, 4) goals scored in the preliminary round, 5) seeding coming into the tournament - will play against the lowest-ranked semi-finalist. The 2nd-best ranked semi-finalist will play the 3rd-best ranked semi-finalist. The host if qualified, or otherwise the best-ranked semi-finalist according to beforementioned criteria, shall play the early game. The time slots will officially be determined after the quarter-final games.

Reactions: newfy

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Did Byram lose his assist on the Krebs goal in the 2nd period? The IIHF website doesn't have him down for an assist there which seems odd seeing as we were all fawning over that silky pass Byram made to set the goal up.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Imagine thinking this was running up the score when the goalies couldn't stop a beach ball. Even average goaltending and this game is not as lopsided as US vs Austria.

I don't think Canada ran up the score. It was just a normal game with poor goaltending and gassed opponents. Obviously the 3rd period wont have the same intensity like it would have had in a tied game

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I don't think Canada ran up the score. It was just a normal game with poor goaltending and gassed opponents. Obviously the 3rd period wont have the same intensity like it would have had in a tied game

Exactly it’s not like Canada was extremely physical on the forecheck like they were in the 1st. No one was even celebrating goals or trying pond hockey type moves to rub it in the opponents face. The score got that high because of putrid goaltending.

Reactions: Simplicity

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Two touchdowns + 2 point conversions...versus a safety.

Brutal.

Got me wondering: what's the worst defeat in the history of this tournament?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Any idea what the worst defeat in the history of this tournament was?

I'm curious what that score was. This 16-2 might not even crack the top 5 worst of all time?

I imagine Kazakhstan has had some horrific losses.

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
Be mad at the tournament itself if you need to, not Canada.
Games like this are why I have mixed feelings for the World Juniors.
It doesn't make me proud as a Canadian to watch a game like that. I just feel bad for the losers getting trounced.
That being said, the Canadian team did nothing wrong here. They have to prepare for the rest of the tournament and nobody has had much time to play and practice leading up to this.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Since 2015 Canada 3 titles Finland 2 US 1 ...looks like Canada is dominating again. :D

Since a year ago Canada has won it every time.
upload_2020-12-27_12-26-1.png

Here it is since 2010... all it shows is that 5 nations are routinely battling hard for this (only Slovakia in 2015 got a medal... everything else is big 5).

The decade before the last decade was the domination:

upload_2020-12-27_12-29-25.png

10 tournaments, 10 medals, 5 straight gold. Amazing!

I didn't bother to add it up but I think Russia has the most medals (total) in this tourney since 2000. 17 medals in 21 years I think.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Woke up with an even worse taste in my mouth than usual this morning. And the fact this feeling completely goes over the heads of most Canadian fans in this thread just makes it even worse.

We us to show honour and pride on the ice. Something to be proud of. Different generation of hockey I guess.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Woke up with an even worse taste in my mouth than usual this morning. And the fact this feeling completely goes over the heads of most Canadian fans in this thread just makes it even worse.

We us to show honour and pride on the ice. Something to be proud of. Different generation of hockey I guess.

Next time our players on the ice should just sit down and let the other team score. Will that assuage the taste in your mouth you purportedly have?

It’s not Canada’s fault the German goalies couldn’t make a routine save. I’ve seen beer league goalies better than that.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada

Like Canada beating Latvia 16-0 in 2009?
Like Canada beating France 15-0 in 2002?
Like Canada beating Kazakhstan 12-2 in 1999?
Like Canada beating Poland 12-0 in 1990?
Like Canada beating West Germany 18-2 in 1985?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad