Jakub Borzecki, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Julian Chrobot, Kolner Haie
Samuel Dube, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Florian Elias, Adler Mannheim
Enrico Henriquez-Morales, ERC Ingolstadt
Jan Nijenhuis, Grizzlys Wolfsburg
John Peterka, Red Bull Munich
Filip Reisnecker, Fischtown Pinguins Bremerhaven
Joshua Samanski, Owen Sound Attack (OHL)
Jan-Luca Schumacher, Heilbronner Falken
Markus Schweiger, ESV Kaufbeuren
Tim Stutzle, Adler Mannheim
Justin Volek, Ravensburg Tower Stars
Defencemen:
Lucas Flade, Dresdner Eislowen
Maximilian Glotzl, Kolner Haie
Simon Gnyp, Kolner Haie
Niklas Langer, Augsburger Panther
Luca Munzenberger, Kolner Haie
Tommy Pasanen, Clarkson University (NCAA)
Steven Raabe, Grizzlys Wolfsburg
Maksymilian Szuber, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Mario Zimmermann, EV Landshut
Goaltenders:
Florian Bugl, Red Bull Hockey Juniors
Jonas Gahr, Lowen Frankfurt
Arno Tiefensee, Adler Mannheim

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Forwards:
Quinton Byfield, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
Dylan Cozens, Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)
Kirby Dach, Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)
Dylan Holloway, University of Wisconsin (NCAA)
Peyton Krebs, Winnipeg Ice (WHL)
Connor McMichael, London Knights (OHL)
Dawson Mercer, Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL)
Alex Newhook, Boston College (NCAA)
Jakob Pelletier, Val-d’Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
Cole Perfetti, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
Jack Quinn, Ottawa 67’s (OHL)
Ryan Suzuki, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
Philip Tomasino, Oshawa Generals (OHL)
Connor Zary, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Defencemen:
Justin Barron, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
Bowen Byram, Vancouver Giants (WHL)
Jamie Drysdale, Erie Otters (OHL)
Kaiden Guhle, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Thomas Harley, Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)
Kaedan Korczak, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
Braden Schneider, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
Jordan Spence, Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
Goaltenders:
Dylan Garand, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Taylor Gauthier, Prince George Cougars (WHL)
Devon Levi, Northeastern University (NCAA)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: SniperHF

Aug 3, 2010
Go Canada!

Not to be rude to Germany or their organization/team, but just due to unfortunate circumstances...

I hope Canada Jr kind of puts out a big comfortable lead early on (4-0 if possible) and then play shutdown hockey like Team Canada did at the Sochi Olympics. Just enough to establish the win and then not obliterate/embarrass the German kids. It's not their fault they're running 2/3rds of a roster. Score when the opportunity might present itself but don't absolutely exhaust Team Germany from the start.

I don't know if it's "right" or "sportsmanlike" to do it, but it's a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" if you catch my drift.

And at the end of the day, regardless of what happens, just hoping for a good game.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Go Canada!

Not to be rude to Germany or their organization/team, but just due to unfortunate circumstances...

I hope Canada Jr kind of puts out a big comfortable lead early on (4-0 if possible) and then play shutdown hockey like Team Canada did at the Sochi Olympics. Just enough to establish the win and then not obliterate/embarrass the German kids. It's not their fault they're running 2/3rds of a roster. Score when the opportunity might present itself but don't absolutely exhaust Team Germany from the start.

I don't know if it's "right" or "sportsmanlike" to do it, but it's a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" if you catch my drift.

And at the end of the day, regardless of what happens, just hoping for a good game.
The problem is goal differential could be an issue after the Round Robin.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Aug 3, 2010
The problem is goal differential could be an issue after the Round Robin.
I didn't say stop scoring. I said "slow it down".

I'm also OK if Canada loses this game (somehow) because in recent history I am of the opinion that Canada needs a swift kick to the butt in order to wake up and win the whole thing. Sometimes it's to a rival in the round robin, but otherwise they oftentimes need a bit of a wakeup call.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I didn't say stop scoring. I said "slow it down".

I'm also OK if Canada loses this game (somehow) because in recent history I am of the opinion that Canada needs a swift kick to the butt in order to wake up and win the whole thing. Sometimes it's to a rival in the round robin, but otherwise they oftentimes need a bit of a wakeup call.
I'm hoping the exhibition game provided that.

If Canada finishes as the top seed, it could mean an easier quarter and semi final game. That's okay with me.

They need to find a better way to rank teams that don't play.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Gemany drawing the short straw here. Not only playing a rested Canada coming off a game themselves but doing so with only 14 skaters. I thought they handled themselves well today. Finland dominated play but Germany did well to prevent a ton of high grade chances. 4 of the 5 goals against either being a bad bounce or brutal goaltending. Germany also played Canada pretty well last year. I'll go 6-2 Canada.

Last edited:

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Canada by 10+. Germany played well against Finland, but they still only have 3 lines and their legs will most likely still be gassed from last nights game.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
2nd night of a back-to-back with only three lines, five defenders and the usual back up goaltender in net, while playing a team with about 20 first round draft picks.

That's going to be a .......um.......a great learning experience......:joker:

I guess we should try to somehow get through it, not look at the score and hope to be as effective offensively as we've been against Finnland.

Though, the tounament actually starts for us on Monday against Slovakia with hopefully a couple more guys being available.

SomethingWild77

Sep 18, 2018
Well I'm just excited to watch Canada play a meaningful game. I hope Germany does well, I'd like to see some adversity ferda.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
pidder padder let's get at 'er!

Game day, boys and girls -hockey fans of all shapes and sizes.

It's Team Canada game day!

Reactions: snipes

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As much as I love to see close and exciting games this one will be a blow out. Germany played really well yesterday considering that they were so short handed. Now to play back to back and against a rested Canada team.... good luck.

I actually think that it is bad for Canada. I’d much rather face a difficult opponent to get the adrenaline flowing and you are forced to play as a team game.

8-1 Canada

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'll be surprised if this isn't a really big margin given the situation with Germany. Canada's going to roll the lines and Germany will probably be gassed early. I think that they'll let up a bit by despite the incentive to slaughter teams. It would have been nice to have seen Germany play last night, or even today, in front of actual crowds. The people would have gotten behind them (in a relative sense vs Canada anyway) given the situation.

Reactions: snipes and Habsrule

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Unfortunately, we need to run up the score because if both Canada and Russia finish with 12 points, we want to be the top seed after the quarters and Russia is a +2 after tonight.
But the hockey law tell us, tha Sweden gain 12 p. Remember Sweden won all RR-Games since eternal years.

Reactions: Czechboy

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
At this level, you keep scoring till the other team stops you, or time runs out. Doesn't mean you act like jackasses and celebrate in front of the other team's bench when you are up 8-1.

Canada has to worry about their own game, not the German's feelings.

Reactions: snipes and Hagstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad