GDT: Germany Vs Canada | 12/26 @ 6PM ET | TSN/NHLN

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Wouldn't it be fair and in the spirit of the game if FIN and CAN also iced only 14+2 players vs Germany?
Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. Canada has to prepare for the games ahead and they’re already short of actual time on ice. We can’t really afford to scratch people unnecessary.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Formula is there for a brutal beat down. 14 skaters playing a back to back against a fresh, loaded Canada team? Yikes.

Against the best forechecking team in the tournament as well is going to be a nightmare for the Germans.

Come out guns blazing and hoping for an absolute German destruction as they’re the opponent today. Keep our feet on their necks early right from the get go.

Go bury them lads.

Go Canada Go!!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Wouldn't it be fair and in the spirit of the game if FIN and CAN also iced only 14+2 players vs Germany?
Probably be more fair if Canada loaned Germany 3 or 4 players for the game. That would up Germany's talent level significantly.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
At this level, you keep scoring till the other team stops you, or time runs out. Doesn't mean you act like jackasses and celebrate in front of the other team's bench when you are up 8-1.

Canada has to worry about their own game, not the German's feelings.

Exactly, Canadian teams generally don’t run up the score except I think it was against Denmark a few years back when we trounced them 14-0.

We just need to play the Canadian Way and focus on playing our style of hockey, let the score be what it is after that. No need to celebrate or rub it in the opponents face though, play hard physical hockey and allow that to open it up for our speed and skill to take over.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Exactly, Canadian teams generally don’t run up the score except I think it was against Denmark a few years back when we trounced them 14-0.

We just need to play the Canadian Way and focus on playing our style of hockey, let the score be what it is after that. No need to celebrate or rub it in the opponents face though, play hard physical hockey and allow that to open it up for our speed and skill to take over.
work on our game. "Get Better Everyday"

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
This game isn't that important to Germany IMO. They have the Swiss and Slovaks (and rest) after today. Play your best, avoid injury and make sure you are ready for your last 2 opponents because 3rd is very reasonable in this pool despite what today may look like (and I'm guessing ugly).

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
As a Sens fan I hope its 10-5 Canada with 5 goals from Stuetzle :sarcasm:

But for real I feel quite bad for Germany, shorthanded and playing on a back to back to a team that is well rested and not to mention that their entire forward core was drafted in the first round. I hope Germany keeps its close just for the sake of entertainment.

Reactions: Back in Black

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t see Canada putting up big numbers against any team. We don’t have the big hitter scorers, do we? Not like the States does?

Reactions: Pongs21

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Canada has vastly more goal-scoring talent, and just because we don’t have pure volume shooters like Caufield and Kaliyev does not change that.
We don’t, for example, have s Stutzle level of talent.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Stutzle is not a particularly good goalscorer, so I don’t know where you’re going with that.
Wouldn’t Stutzle be the most talented player in today’s game though? I’d add if the Germans had Seider they’re (likely) have the best all around d man too. We have a great team, but that’s because all our guys a really good. Our depth is the best, but I don’t see the elite guys (other than Byram) with truly gifted offence.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Wouldn’t Stutzle be the most talented player in today’s game though? I’d add if the Germans had Seider they’re (likely) have the best all around d man too. We have a great team, but that’s because all our guys a really good. Our depth is the best, but I don’t see the elite guys (other than Byram) with truly gifted offence.
Cozens, McMichael, and Newhook are superior players today, and other Canadian players (e.g. Byfield) are right there.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The problem is goal differential could be an issue after the Round Robin.
Never play for goal differential. Hate that. Hoping it's a close game and Canada squeaks one out. The best thing for Canada is to get used to playing in tight games.

Patman123and4

Dec 19, 2018
Not to mention having Stuetzle and Peterka put there for half the game is DEFINITELY going to yield scoring chances. They may get more than one, to be honest.
I hear u, absolutely, they might get 2 but nah.. i mean 2 guys. Should be a walk in the park.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Another lost awaits us tonight i hope that doesnt crush them mental. I hope that they see this whole tournament more as personal challenge and development.
And we should switch Goalies, our Goalie yesterday doesnt reached international Level. The only thing i really like this Year that our D cant compete more in the physical Game. In the Years before our D was more around 5"7 to max 6"0 this year is different.

But beside the 3 Top Players there was not much shining moments on our national Team. This Game tonight are 2 complete different skill and depth Level.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: