German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This team doesn't defend well. Players aren't good enough, for the most part. I won't say we are lucky to win because we also missed a number of chances, but against a better team, we wouldn't have only allowed one goal. They gotta start improving the defense. In the transfer window, I want the emphasis to be on improving the defense even further. Need more talented defenders.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
^ That was a clean tackle stop whining

Max Phillip did nothing after coming on.

There's been like 3 or 4 goals from corners in the 3 other games. Harnik equaliser against Gladbach: https://imgtc.b-cdn.net/uploads/BMh2ghuAHtn.mp4

It definitely wasn't clean. It was either yellow or red, he was lucky to see yellow. Opare could've also been sent off earlier in the match where he kicked a Dortmund player in the knee after he was beat. And then there was the challenge at the end of the game, after that post. I thought that one was closer to clean than the other two, but I still thought that one was a foul. I wouldn't have given any cards on the last one though.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Glad Dortmund got lucky and avoided losing points after a midweek fixture. Always tricky even against poor but more well rested teams like Augsburg. They really tailed off in the second half. Auba in particular. Would be nice if these guys got a full week of rest before the next fixture but no, I suppose we need to have another stupid international break for them to travel and wear themselves out. Hopefully as many of them stay in Dortmund as possible. Weigl, Dahoud, Bartra, and Auba especially.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
This team doesn't defend well. Players aren't good enough, for the most part. I won't say we are lucky to win because we also missed a number of chances, but against a better team, we wouldn't have only allowed one goal. They gotta start improving the defense. In the transfer window, I want the emphasis to be on improving the defense even further. Need more talented defenders.

ehh, they're not far off personnel wise. Bring in de Ligt, buy a more talented right back than Toljan, and they are pretty well set defensively. Bartra's quality is really underrated by most.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
ehh, they're not far off personnel wise. Bring in de Ligt, buy a more talented right back than Toljan, and they are pretty well set defensively. Bartra's quality is really underrated by most.

Bartra & Toprak are both really good. With Zagadou & a kid like de Ligt pushing up behind them; and Sokratis eventually returning to form; I'd be happy with those CBs. RB is obviously still a hole if you stick with a back 4...though if it would be a non-issue if you just used a back 3 *shakes head*

Auba/Reus - Auba/Yarmo
Raphael - Gotze - Dahoud - Pulisic
Weigl
Toprak - Sokratis - Bartra
Burki
----------------------------------
Aubamayeng
Reus/Philipp - Yarmolenko
Raphael - Weigl - Dahoud - Pulisic
Burki​

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bartra & Toprak are both really good. With Zagadou & a kid like de Ligt pushing up behind them; and Sokratis eventually returning to form; I'd be happy with those CBs. RB is obviously still a hole if you stick with a back 4...though if it would be a non-issue if you just used a back 3 *shakes head*

Auba/Reus - Auba/Yarmo
Raphael - Gotze - Dahoud - Pulisic
Weigl
Burki
----------------------------------
Aubamayeng
Reus/Philipp - Yarmolenko
Raphael - Weigl - Dahoud - Pulisic
Burki​

Yeah, a back three would be nice sometimes, but IDK if we'll see it out of Bosz. If he sticks to 4-3-3 like formations, 5 CBs is too much. I sort of don't think Sokratis will be pushed out next summer, either, but he's the one I'd most like to go. Piszczek out and someone like Cancelo (sigh), Weiser, or Henrichs in.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, a back three would be nice sometimes, but IDK if we'll see it out of Bosz. If he sticks to 4-3-3 like formations, 5 CBs is too much. I sort of don't think Sokratis will be pushed out next summer, either, but he's the one I'd most like to go. Piszczek out and someone like Cancelo (sigh), Weiser, or Henrichs in.

I can see Weiser happening...especially after playing for Hertha makes Jogi ignore him for the WC...but I'm going to continue to hope that Henrichs goes somewhere where he can be the dynamic 8 that he was prior to reaching senior football; since Leverkusen seem incapable of recognizing how badly they need him in that part of the pitch.

Alario
Brandt - Volland
Wendell - Havertz - Henrichs - Bailey
Retsos - Tah - Jedvaj
Leno

And they're in a top 4 spot with just decent coaching​

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I can see Weiser happening...especially after playing for Hertha makes Jogi ignore him for the WC...but I'm going to continue to hope that Henrichs goes somewhere where he can be the dynamic 8 that he was prior to reaching senior football; since Leverkusen seem incapable of recognizing how badly they need him in that part of the pitch.

Alario
Brandt - Volland
Wendell - Havertz - Henrichs - Bailey
Retsos - Tah - Jedvaj
Leno

And they're in a top 4 spot with just decent coaching​

Bundesliga overall quality is really suffering with Leverkusen badly underperforming the past year and a half. Schalke has been a big waste of talent too but maybe they're turning it around.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bundesliga overall quality is really suffering with Leverkusen badly underperforming the past year and a half. Schalke has been a big waste of talent too but maybe they're turning it around.

I'm fine with Leverkusen joining Wolfsburg as a talent sink that players learn to avoid unless they just need a temporary cash grab. Schalke's youth is at least from their own academy...for the most part...Leverkusen have been the worst poachers at the youth level in Germany since this 'new Golden Age' started; though Henrichs, Havertz & Akkaynak are their own and they haven't done anything overly offensive since poaching Schreck.

If Tuchel taking the Bayern job leaves Nagelsmann with TSG for a few more years of CL funds replenishing the roster...or leads him to take over Leipzig instead...that would be great. I wish there were more german speaking coaches like Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Favre, Bosz, or Tedesco (if he works out) cause Gladbach, Werder, Hertha, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, and Frankfurt either already have the skill to play great football with the right maestro in charge, or have the young talent to soon be there

...Frankfurt in particular needs the right man to shepherd in the likes of Barkok, Cetin, Mbouhom, Mahmudov, the Kabuya twins, Knothe, etc.; so they don't go the way of Besuschkow, Stendera & Dadashov

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I'm fine with Leverkusen joining Wolfsburg as a talent sink that players learn to avoid unless they just need a temporary cash grab. Schalke's youth is at least from their own academy...for the most part...Leverkusen have been the worst poachers at the youth level in Germany since this 'new Golden Age' started; though Henrichs, Havertz & Akkaynak are their own and they haven't done anything overly offensive since poaching Schreck.

If Tuchel taking the Bayern job leaves Nagelsmann with TSG for a few more years of CL funds replenishing the roster...or leads him to take over Leipzig instead...that would be great. I wish there were more german speaking coaches like Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Favre, Bosz, or Tedesco (if he works out) cause Gladbach, Werder, Hertha, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, and Frankfurt either already have the skill to play great football with the right maestro in charge, or have the young talent to soon be there

...Frankfurt in particular needs the right man to shepherd in the likes of Barkok, Cetin, Mbouhom, Mahmudov, the Kabuya twins, Knothe, etc.; so they don't go the way of Besuschkow, Stendera & Dadashov

I have no problem with Wolfsburg or Leverkusen tanking either but could they please sell their actually good players to other teams first if they're going to do so? The player quality isn't really going down overall in the league. Just some teams are wasting good rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad