TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I just finished the first episode and it was the best pilot episode since Oshi No Ko. Might be even better because ONK relied on the shock factor and the twist. I absolutely love Samurai culture so this will be an awesome ride!

There were a few scenes throughout the season where I went "okay that's badass".

Also, I've never heard of Oshi No Ko but I am certainly intrigued.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
There were a few scenes throughout the season where I went "okay that's badass".

Also, I've never heard of Oshi No Ko but I am certainly intrigued.
Oshi No Ko was definitely the early anime of the year favorite this spring. The first episode was basically a movie with like 1h 30min runtime. I'd still give it AotY, if you don't count Frieren as it's still ongoing.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I just finished the first episode and it was the best pilot episode since Oshi No Ko. Might be even better because ONK relied on the shock factor and the twist. I absolutely love Samurai culture so this will be an awesome ride!
Well I finished this in 2 days...

I'm just going to use the reference of saying that this is the new Arcane. Not that the shows are at all comparable, but this is just another unique masterpiece of an animated series by Netflix. Like I said earlier the pilot was amazing. It immediately hooked you into the story and then few episodes later you get the episode of the year (Just as in Arcane it was episode 3 for me). I finished the show yesterday and I wanted to write something about it as it still seems like it's not that well-known to the larger audience, but I have been speechless ever since I finished it. Just a masterpiece of a show. The setting and the story were just up my alley and I loved the characters as well. I thought that animated content couldn't surprise me again after Arcane and Spider-Verse, but here we are...just amazing.

10/10

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't realise that Classroom of the Elite's third season just started this week. Not a fan of OP'd protagonists, but they do a really good job in this one. I like it a lot more than Irregular at Magic High School, which I thought really went downhill since its movie.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
What I'm watching this winter:

Delicious in Dungeon - the first episode was decent, we'll see where it goes
Solo Leveling - Webtoon was pretty fire, especially the art
Metallic Rouge - Bones original, count me in

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I have:
Solo Leveling - First episode was pretty good, seems interesting and there's so much hype for this.
Dangers in My Heart - First season was really good so this will be the romcom of the season
A Sign of Affection - Another romance, first episode was decent enough to peak my interest
Then of course the two amazing rollover shows Frieren and Apothecary Diaries.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I have:
Solo Leveling - First episode was pretty good, seems interesting and there's so much hype for this.
Dangers in My Heart - First season was really good so this will be the romcom of the season
A Sign of Affection - Another romance, first episode was decent enough to peak my interest
Then of course the two amazing rollover shows Frieren and Apothecary Diaries.

Solo Leveling feels kinda off for me. As someone who watches Korean dramas and anime. It feels kinda weird hearing Korean names with Japanese honorifics. Interested to hear how the Korean dub sounds.

I should start Apothecary Diaries. Hear a lot of good things about it.

I might watch episode 1 of A Sign of Affection tomorrow.

TBH, I have not watched many shoujo anime lately since I've been watching more Korean and Chinese dramas as of late.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Solo Leveling feels kinda off for me. As someone who watches Korean dramas and anime. It feels kinda weird hearing Korean names with Japanese honorifics. Interested to hear how the Korean dub sounds.

I should start Apothecary Diaries. Hear a lot of good things about it.

I might watch episode 1 of A Sign of Affection tomorrow.

TBH, I have not watched many shoujo anime lately since I've been watching more Korean and Chinese dramas as of late.
Yeah it is a bit weird and makes remembering names tougher for me, but I'll manage. Apothecary Diaries kinda has the same thing as it's set in China, but I can't recall how much honorifics they use.

Shoujo is not typically my genre, but if the show is good I can enjoy no matter the genre.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Kingdom of Ruin got really dark really quick and never really let up.

I know Eminence in Shadow is kind of older but watching that for the first time, a couple episodes in and I've enjoyed it so far.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Yeah it is a bit weird and makes remembering names tougher for me, but I'll manage. Apothecary Diaries kinda has the same thing as it's set in China, but I can't recall how much honorifics they use.

Shoujo is not typically my genre, but if the show is good I can enjoy no matter the genre.
Just finished episode 1 of A Sign of Affection. It is refreshing to see an anime college romance drama with a serious/mature cast. So far, so good.

Reactions: hoyster
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Didn't realise that Classroom of the Elite's third season just started this week. Not a fan of OP'd protagonists, but they do a really good job in this one. I like it a lot more than Irregular at Magic High School, which I thought really went downhill since its movie.
I think what works for Classroom of the Elite is that the MC is unabashedly a dink. He's not trying to be a holier than though hero, he's just there to do what he wants.

Reactions: S E P H

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Kingdom of Ruin got really dark really quick and never really let up.

I know Eminence in Shadow is kind of older but watching that for the first time, a couple episodes in and I've enjoyed it so far.
Eminence in Shadow art is great.

Eminence in Shadow plot, and MC are not...

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
What I'm watching this winter:

Delicious in Dungeon - the first episode was decent, we'll see where it goes
Solo Leveling - Webtoon was pretty fire, especially the art
Metallic Rouge - Bones original, count me in
Delicious in Dungeon is great. A 'fantasy' that isn't infected by all the other junk out there, and as it moves along beneath the goofiness and humour is basically a really solid & well written D&D campaign.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Have been watching a lot of anime lately.

Currently watching Jojo's bizarre adventure. Don't think I've ever been more forgiving of plot conveniences, tropes and general inconsistencies in an anime because of how ridiculous and entertaining a lot of it is. Almost done part 4 and I do think they improved on the above and its more tightly written (part 3 really dragged at points), but more serious.

Almost finished Pluto too, way too little fanfare, I think it's one of the best animes I've watched this decade.

Finished Blue Eyed Samurai, which was great don't get me wrong, but kinda surprised how high the ratings for the show have been. Don't think I like it that much.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Have been watching a lot of anime lately.

Currently watching Jojo's bizarre adventure. Don't think I've ever been more forgiving of plot conveniences, tropes and general inconsistencies in an anime because of how ridiculous and entertaining a lot of it is. Almost done part 4 and I do think they improved on the above and its more tightly written (part 3 really dragged at points), but more serious.

Almost finished Pluto too, way too little fanfare, I think it's one of the best animes I've watched this decade.

Finished Blue Eyed Samurai, which was great don't get me wrong, but kinda surprised how high the ratings for the show have been. Don't think I like it that much.
I'm with you on Pluto, fantastic series.

Reactions: Felidae

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Frieren is so good

Fridays just hit different

frieren-sousou-no-frieren.gif

Reactions: hoyster

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Frieren and Dungeon Meshi airing together and the Spice and Wolf reboot starting next season. Everybody just wanted to make an anime with wagons in it at the same time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hell, I got to 290 in Bleach and I am starting to get worn out, especially since I got another filler arc and that extremely stupid arc with dirty boots (will never forget that in my life) power coming up. Don't get me wrong, I am still very much enjoying it, but I don't know how some of you lot could do a One Piece run. I never watched a single episode in my life of that show and it is because of how ridiculous it is.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Hell, I got to 290 in Bleach and I am starting to get worn out, especially since I got another filler arc and that extremely stupid arc with dirty boots (will never forget that in my life) power coming up. Don't get me wrong, I am still very much enjoying it, but I don't know how some of you lot could do a One Piece run. I never watched a single episode in my life of that show and it is because of how ridiculous it is.
Yeah it's annoying when people recommend shows with million episodes. After the One Piece live action you saw tons of people saying that everyone should watch the anime, it's so good. Like who the hell has time for that...My first and one of the favorite animes is Dragonball / DBZ, but I would never recommend anyone to watch it. It's not even really that good :D, but it has nostalgic value. I've started both GT and Super, but I could never get through more than few dozen episodes.

So no, I will never watch OP, Naruto, Bleach etc :D

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia