GDT: GDT #10 Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders | Hockey Fights Cancer Night | November 4th | 7:30 PM | F/4-3 OTL

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Gave away another point. Once it goes to OT it’s an auto L
Serious question, has Sorokin made a save in an OT, I Swear it feels we get chances in every OT, dont score, and then the other team scores on their first possession in every OT.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Is there anybody who disagress that Varly should start Tuesday and if he wins again, then he should play Saturday too. Varly is facing a ton of shots too and giving up no goals.
Sure, Varly should get the start. But Sorokin isn’t the problem on this team.

Reactions: MattMartin

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Does Lane Lambert have a sense of the game from behind the bench. Same as in Game 6 of the playoffs last year, tonight the momentum got away from us and tilted heavily towards the Hurricanes. Call a time out? Make some adjustments? Nope.

Fire Lambert.

Reactions: seafoam and Lek

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Serious question, has Sorokin made a save in an OT, I Swear it feels we get chances in every OT, dont score, and then the other team scores on their first possession in every OT.
Very very fair point. He faces a ton of shots every night it seems, especially tonight, but he’s definitely let up a handful this year that are typically shots he saves. In OT, it’s like he’s turned into a pumpkin. Varly has been lights out and we may have to give him a split of the starts.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Does Lane Lambert have a sense of the game from behind the bench. Same as in Game 6 of the playoffs last year, tonight the momentum got away from us and tilted heavily towards the Hurricanes. Call a time out? Make some adjustments? Nope.

Fire Lambert.
Like him, seems like a nice guy....but have no confidence that he is the right coach for this team at this time.

Reactions: MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well, the 10 games to get the kinks out is over. Now it's time to put things together and start stringing some wins together if they can. If not we'll see some heads roll I'd guess.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Is there anybody who disagress that Varly should start Tuesday and if he wins again, then he should play Saturday too. Varly is facing a ton of shots too and giving up no goals.
Yes start Varlamov. But how about we do something to cut down on the number of shots we're facing? It would help a bit, no?

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Lamariello has historically had a quick trigger finger for coaching personnel changes, right? I wonder if Lambert being “his guy” makes that decision tougher, or if he’s fired “his guys” in the past without hesitation.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
He should have started this game.
As I said the other night, Sorokin makes a highlight reel save or two every night, but Varly has looked far more steady and consistent in net during his games. Guy has not given up a goal in almost 7 periods, Sorokin is giving up 4-5 goals every game, what is there to lose, give Varly a chance to run with it for a few games.

Reactions: mm11

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Lamariello has historically had a quick trigger finger for coaching personnel changes, right? I wonder if Lambert being “his guy” makes that decision tougher, or if he’s fired “his guys” in the past without hesitation.
He fired coach with like a few games left in season with team in first place, he has history of not having issue firing a coach. I’m not convinced on Lambert but also think we probably need to see more this year before we decide it’s Lambert.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
All his firings were eventually his guys. The only one I don't remember if he fired was Doug Carpenter in NJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad