Proposal: Gaudreau to Boston

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think you should retain 100% of his salary.................And while you are at it you can retain 100% of the player before that trade will ever happen.
You think this is bad for Boston? A late 1st and Debrusk for Gaudreau at 3.3M? I'd say that's less than he would bring on the market. I'd take a 2nd round pick ahead of either of Beecher or Frederic.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
This is not a great trade for either team....But their is definetly a trade between these two teams to be made......Hanifin would be perfect in Boston....Him i would like. Maybe Hanifin and Bennett for DeBrusk and Vaakanianen.....

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You think this is bad for Boston? A late 1st and Debrusk for Gaudreau at 3.3M? I'd say that's less than he would bring on the market. I'd take a 2nd round pick ahead of either of Beecher or Frederic.
You are not quoting the original deal accurately ............

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Think Calgary needs to figure out if they feel like making the playoffs or not.

After that they can decide what kind of return they’d be looking for.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Some kind of asset that makes sense.

What does anything here really do for them?

I like Frederic, but Debrusk has proven to be a position Boston wants to improve on every year on L2.
No he isnt, Debrusk has been a 20+ goal scorer for them evey season except this one. Theyve desperately (and failed) to get a 2RW

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You do know we all can read( if we so wish) the Bruins board....Right?
Yes, please show me how many teams have a better player than Debrusk on their 2nd line (this season not included). This has been a ~50pt/25-30G guy...

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Debrusk has scored 20 goals once in his career.
He had 16 goals in 70 games his first , followed by 27 in 68 games then 19 [n 65 games last year and we all know about last year.............give a break with your "fake news " he is a 20 goal scorer...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He had 16 goals in 70 games his first , followed by 27 in 68 games then 19 [n 65 games last year and we all know about last year.............give a break with your "fake news " he is a 20 goal scorer...

Point still stands Debrusk brings nothing to Calgary especially as a centerpiece for their best player.

I see Gaudreau getting the Nash package. That included two players of Debrusk's quality, plus a solid prospect and a 1st.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yes, please show me how many teams have a better player than Debrusk on their 2nd line (this season not included). This has been a ~50pt/25-30G guy...
Allow me to link you to the Boston Bruins board. I'm sure you can't help but notice he's involved with such a high % of trade suggestions.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
This is not a great trade for either team....But their is definetly a trade between these two teams to be made......Hanifin would be perfect in Boston....Him i would like. Maybe Hanifin and Bennett for DeBrusk and Vaakanianen.....
How does Bennett help the Bruins lack of scoring ? Proposal makes no sense.

Bond

May 10, 2012
next year or at draft will be a 1st plus prospect!! wont be better than this overpayment suggestion from boston.
Boston fans really love their medicore players and prospects. I'd rather a 2022 1st anyways

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What? AA and Dubinsky were both comparables to Debrusk at the time.

Also my username used to be pixiesfanyo now we getting in fights here. Let’s just even it out.
Instead of smirking, now I'm confused.

What Nash trade am I obviously overlooking?

edit: damn it, I thought you were saying Spooner and 1/2 price Belesky were each Debrusk comps.

Mea culpa

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Point still stands Debrusk brings nothing to Calgary especially as a centerpiece for their best player.

I see Gaudreau getting the Nash package. That included two players of Debrusk's quality, plus a solid prospect and a 1st.

Lol. You think Ryan Spooner was a player of Debrusk's quality? And Matt Belesky?

This trade is WAY more than the Bruins gave up for Nash.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Allow me to link you to the Boston Bruins board. I'm sure you can't help but notice he's involved with such a high % of trade suggestions.
Yes this season because hes played bad. Before that he was more than fine as a 2LW and very few teams have a better one.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Boston fans really love their medicore players and prospects. I'd rather a 2022 1st anyways
Yes the Boston fans really like watching their mediocre players in the playoffs and Calgary fans can watch their such talented players on the golf course...........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad