Proposal: Gaudreau to Boston

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary should unload on most of there core to rebuild and get a better team identity. Boston gets a top 6 threat that would work well with Pasta and wouldn’t have as much attention on him as here in Calgary.

to Boston: Gaudreau (50 percent retained)

to Calgary: Trent Frederic, John Beecher, Jake Debrusk, 1st round pick.

Calgary gets some younger players with upside and Debrusk with a hopeful bounce back. Boston gets a possible 100 point guy who could light it up with Boston’s top 6.

Last edited:

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I think Gaudreau is as good as gone, but he’ll likely be dealt this offseason.

I don’t think the Flames will get a great return for him, partly because his play hasn’t been great and partly because he only has one year left on his deal. But i doubt they do this deal.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
They may do it at next year’s TDL if they can’t trade him by then but not now.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Some kind of asset that makes sense.

What does anything here really do for them?

I like Frederic, but Debrusk has proven to be a position Boston wants to improve on every year on L2.
I just can't see any team giving up core pieces for him. He is currently struggling. Mediocre playoff record. He is very small, and even with the NHL shifting towards speed and skill there will still be reservations regarding Gaudreau that would not apply to a similar producing 6 ft player.

If teams wouldn't give up a core piece for him that means it'd likely be a futures return. I could see him getting 2 1sts but is that really that much better than what was offered here?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just can't see any team giving up core pieces for him. He is currently struggling. Mediocre playoff record. He is very small, and even with the NHL shifting towards speed and skill there will still be reservations regarding Gaudreau that would not apply to a similar producing 6 ft player.

If teams wouldn't give up a core piece for him that means it'd likely be a futures return. I could see him getting 2 1sts but is that really that much better than what was offered here?

60 pt pace.

Reactions: Mantis

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Huge no from Boston. Gaudreau's a great player, but not 4 1st's great.

Frederic doesn't have a ton of points, but has shown offense flashes and bring great toughness.

DeBrusk is having a down year, but is a nice young goal scorer. This is selling low.

Beecher has middle 6 center potential, probably the only center worth a darn in the Bruins system beyond Studnicka.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
This is so bad for Boston. JG is half the player he was and is expensive. Counter would be DeBrusk back to his home Province with JG half retained.

Ledge And Dairy

This is so bad for Boston. JG is half the player he was and is expensive. Counter would be DeBrusk back to his home Province with JG half retained.
Considering your track record of recent proposals all I can do is laugh at this response. This is the equivalent of Flames offering Bennett for Bergeron at 50%

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Not one premium asset for Calgary's best player. Would be shocking for them and expected if they went the quantity over quality route

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Debrusk and a 1st are the pieces with value here. It's not crazy, but I'd rather seen one bigger piece for Gaudreau than a handful of smaller ones. A player like Konecny would be my target.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
23 years old with 5 career points. Tell us more about these “flashes” LMAO!
Well three of those 5 points are game winning goals. This is also still technically his rookie year, so still getting up to the NHL pace. Plenty of time to improve! But I'm glad you found this laugh your ass off funny. You must not get out much.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Calgary should unload on most of there core to rebuild and get a better team identity. Boston gets a top 6 threat that would work well with Pasta and wouldn’t have as much attention on him as here in Calgary.

Calgary gets some younger players with upside and Debrusk with a hopeful bounce back. Boston gets a possible 100 point guy who could light it up with Boston’s top 6.
I really don't get how you think Gaudreau at 50% cap hit has less value than Giordano or Monahan. I mean I get being a homer, but you have Gaudreau as worth a lot less than Monahan and Gio. It makes no sense to me at all.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Huge no from Boston. Gaudreau's a great player, but not 4 1st's great.

Frederic doesn't have a ton of points, but has shown offense flashes and bring great toughness.

DeBrusk is having a down year, but is a nice young goal scorer. This is selling low.

Beecher has middle 6 center potential, probably the only center worth a darn in the Bruins system beyond Studnicka.
When players are 5 or 6 years removed from their draft year and they are producing 0.5 pts/game in the AHL and producing like a 4th liner in the NHL, they are no longer valued as a 1st. This package might be made up of 1st round picks but it's not 4 x 1st value, not even close. If it is, the Canucks offer Virtanen, Juolevi, Baertschi and Sutter for Eichel - they wanted 4 - 1sts.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I think you should retain 100% of his salary.................And while you are at it you can retain 100% of the player before that trade will ever happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad