GDT: Game 9: Coyotes Posters @ Islanders | 4:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
lmao what? This is maybe their best game so far. Tavares is beating them, not the Islanders.

That's what we said last game. And the game before. The first period Coyotes would be a dangerous team, the 2nd and 3rd period Coyotes are a shit show. but you have to admit, if it weren't for Keller this team would be absolutely f***ed.

Reactions: SniperHF

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
This is why we can't have nice things. How much longer can this go on. If we keep losing, are we going to have trouble playing hockey and keeping up with teams? Right now we are CAPABLE of winning a game, we just can't finish it off. Eventually, that desire and optimism is going to fade and we are just going to be in trouble.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Our next gdt needs to be coach meltdown about winning themed. Hello you play to win the game, playoffs?, crown their asses, etc. Or just make an entire gdt where every word is win, so maybe just my osmosis the team is affected.

Reactions: awfulwaffle

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm all for development, getting better every game, etc etc. But I'm going to care a lot less about that here real quick once this streak extends into double digits.

Anyone else using slingtv? Is it freaking out?

You could try switching to FSGO, Sling works for that now I believe.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That's what we said last game. And the game before. The first period Coyotes would be a dangerous team, the 2nd and 3rd period Coyotes are a **** show. but you have to admit, if it weren't for Keller this team would be absolutely ****ed.

I'm sorry, were you expecting the playoffs when we added two players on the downturn of their careers? Were you expecting instant results from a coach trying to undo five years of damage? From a roster that hasn't really ever played together?

They are in these games and showing tremendous promise.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Our next gdt needs to be coach meltdown about winning themed. Hello you play to win the game, playoffs?, crown their asses, etc. Or just make an entire gdt where every word is win, so maybe just my osmosis the team is affected.

I like the win idea. Give up a goal? No worries, got them right where we want them. Win.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This is why we can't have nice things. How much longer can this go on. If we keep losing, are we going to have trouble playing hockey and keeping up with teams? Right now we are CAPABLE of winning a game, we just can't finish it off. Eventually, that desire and optimism is going to fade and we are just going to be in trouble.
Classic coyotes. We got amonte! Hey we got jokinen. Whoooo ribeiro. Yay we got Stepan. This is the year. No this is. Wait, this is the year.

Anyone else using slingtv? Is it freaking out?
That's sling's new "save you from the pain" feature. It automatically shuts off things that will cause you mental anguish.

Reactions: Lyotes

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Although our goalie should have stopped that, it all started by a couple stupid decisions by Gogo. First he had OEL going hard and instead turned away. Second, when he had pressure on him, instead of putting it on the boards in the offensive zone, he through it to the middle without looking which was an easy breakout for the Islanders. All these guys have to do is make the smart freaken play.

Reactions: Yandover

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Classic coyotes. We got amonte! Hey we got jokinen. Whoooo ribeiro. Yay we got Stepan. This is the year. No this is. Wait, this is the year.

I mean, let's be realistic, going into the season were any of us really expecting the playoffs? Probably not, but we weren't expecting to lose this many games in a row to start off. And it's not like we have been manhandled, I'm honestly feeling bad for these guys because they can't get a W. I liked the Stepan move, because he's been there in the playoffs, and knows what it takes to get there. With such a young group of players, they could use someone like that in the locker room.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I like the win idea. Give up a goal? No worries, got them right where we want them. Win.
Nah like literally every word is win.

Win winning win win win winnly win won.

It's like learning a language by immersion. Only it's learning how not suck complete ass.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
gVo222Z.png

Reactions: doaner

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'm sorry, were you expecting the playoffs when we added two players on the downturn of their careers? Were you expecting instant results from a coach trying to undo five years of damage? From a roster that hasn't really ever played together?

They are in these games and showing tremendous promise.

Ask Vegas how it feels to be without their starting goalie and how it is to have a roster that never really played together.

Maybe this is how we played regardless of coach, system, or players (for whatever reason) and the "damage" wasn't caused by a coach.

This was a better game at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2