GDT: Game 9: Coyotes Posters @ Islanders | 4:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
gVo222Z.png
Might as well just make this the OP of every gdt from now on. Save ourselves some time and effort.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I'm sorry, were you expecting the playoffs when we added two players on the downturn of their careers? Were you expecting instant results from a coach trying to undo five years of damage? From a roster that hasn't really ever played together?

They are in these games and showing tremendous promise.

Did i mention the playoffs? I think you know that i wasn't expecting that. What exactly were you expecting? Were you expecting that the Coyotes would lose sight of all fundamentals after 1 period? We aren't the only team ever that has changed half it's roster including the coaching staff. 9 straight losses sucks, so that's what I'm calling it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Biggest concern about this particular game is they got mostly worse as it went on. That trend had mostly stopped over the last 4.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Did i mention the playoffs? I think you know that i wasn't expecting that. What exactly were you expecting? Were you expecting that the Coyotes would lose sight of all fundamentals after 1 period? We aren't the only team ever that has changed half it's roster including the coaching staff. 9 straight losses sucks, so that's what I'm calling it.

They didn't "lose all fundamentals." Stop with the hyperbole.

They got beaten by a great player in Tavares and stupid things like Goligoski deflecting a shot into his own net. The poopy play at the very end doesn't matter.

RABBIT

They didn't "lose all fundamentals." Stop with the hyperbole.

They got beaten by a great player in Tavares and stupid things like Goligoski deflecting a shot into his own net. The poopy play at the very end doesn't matter.

Okay X, they suck in periods 2 & 3 in pretty much every game we've played this season. No hyperbole. There comes a time where you have to stop making excuses and starting trying to find the constants in the pattern.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
No softies tonight for Louis but no decisive stops either. A NHL goalie has to be able to make a difference, and I really cannot wait for Raanta to come back.

Reactions: doaner

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Okay X, they suck in periods 2 & 3 in pretty much every game we've played this season. No hyperbole. There comes a time where you have to stop making excuses and starting trying to find the constants in the pattern.

The Islanders got chewed out in the 1st intermission and came out flying, yet it was a tie game until over halfway through the 3rd when Tavares makes an absolutely perfect deflection to give the Islanders the lead.

I'll take it. Especially given how much offense they generated and how hard they played. It's so refreshing to watch compared to the last few years of shit. How are you guys not entertained? Would your tone suddenly change if the Coyotes had maybe held on in Anaheim or eeked out a win against Vegas? Look at the macro picture.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I love the new style. Every away broadcast raves about it. It's fun to watch. If you're not going to make the playoffs, you may as well be entertaining.

Who cares about what away broadcasters think? I don't. It's not fun to watch a team play great for a period or two and then predictably, inevitably fold like tissue. If you're entertained by that, then by all means buy tickets. The Coyotes could use the income.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
The Islanders got chewed out in the 1st intermission and came out flying, yet it was a tie game until over halfway through the 3rd when Tavares makes an absolutely perfect deflection to give the Islanders the lead.

I'll take it. Especially given how much offense they generated and how hard they played. It's so refreshing to watch compared to the last few years of ****. How are you guys not entertained? Would your tone suddenly change if the Coyotes had maybe held on in Anaheim or eeked out a win against Vegas? Look at the macro picture.

Well, I'll put it this way... by about this time last season, I wasn't even watching games.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Would your tone suddenly change if the Coyotes had maybe held on in Anaheim or eeked out a win against Vegas? Look at the macro picture.

Yes.

Individual wins are still important to my enjoyment as a fan.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Who cares about what away broadcasters think? I don't. It's not fun to watch a team play great for a period or two and then predictably, inevitably fold like tissue. If you're entertained by that, then by all means buy tickets. The Coyotes could use the income.

Yet you watched a team play bad, passive hockey for all 3 periods last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

They aren't going to sit back, trap, and pray. It's awesome. They are building the foundation for a team that can actually generate consistent offense and play 3 full periods.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

RABBIT

I'll take it. Especially given how much offense they generated and how hard they played. It's so refreshing to watch compared to the last few years of ****. How are you guys not entertained? Would your tone suddenly change if the Coyotes had maybe held on in Anaheim or eeked out a win against Vegas? Look at the macro picture.

Nobody said i wasn't entertained. I'm just tired of the monotony. I would be 100% okay throwing this year completely out and taking the number one overall pick if it weren't for my big picture fear of seeing the likes of Domi pressing the "f*** it" button and finding a way out of AZ to be a part of something greater.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Nobody said i wasn't entertained. I'm just tired of the monotony. I would be 100% okay throwing this year completely out and taking the number one overall pick if it were't for my big picture fear of seeing the likes of Domi pressing the "**** it" button and finding a way out of AZ to be a part of something greater.

Domi looks like he's having fun out there and is getting back to his first season creativity. Same for Duclair.

A handful of bounces or the lack of stupid mistakes and this conversation is completely different. Statistically, they are improving and playing well.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
You can take as many positives out of these games as you like, you can continue to be the eternal optimist, but at the end of the day we are 0-8-1 and that is completely unacceptable.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
To be fair I'm watching mainly because of how much free time I have.

Last season, I had a class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, which are traditional NHL nights.
I work full time and have 3 classes. I set aside a lot of my weekday free time for hockey. That may change for a bit until we figure shit out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not abandoning hope on the whole season, but this is just frustrating to watch. Time to read stuff now. Daily coyotes reminder, hope is a demon bitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad