Not open for further replies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
160737802_slide.jpg

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
Great game by Hansen, Tanev, Luongo, Hamhuis and Schroeder.

Sedins still aren't there yet, even though they setup the winner, they were flat up until that point.

I agree with you on everything I would add great game by Edler if it wasn't for him and Bieksa's cough up there. Im really hoping Sedins pick it up a notch or two but i said from the beginning of the season it will take them 10 games to get in their groove!

Also Garrison Might be the most overpaid player in the league hes so awkward. Bad skater bad hands. Not overly physical. Offseason Buyout?

Last edited:

Oignon Saute

Dec 19, 2011
Defensive lapses almost costed us but the Canucks definitely deserved that one. Don't think the Sedins had nearly as bad of a game as everyone seems to think they did. They were territorially dominant and I have no doubt that the chances will come. So glad to see Burrows back on their line. (Not a slight to Kassian).

Improvement has been slow but the team is getting closer. The exception to that being the PP which continues to be horrendous. Lets go for da 6-2-2!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I agree with you on everything I would add great game by Edler if it wasn't for him and Bieksa's cough up there. Im really hoping Sedins pick it up a notch or two but i said from the beginning of the season it will take them 10 games to get in their groove!

Also Garrison Might be the most overpaid player in the league hes so awkward. Bad skater bad hands. Not overly physical. Offseason Buyout?

He has a long way to go before being in the relm of the most overpaid player in the league. He has to adjust to this team with no training camp and is progressing nicely. Give him time

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Did I hear right during the broadcast that our pp has gone 1 for 26?!?!?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't know why, but I just feel that when the Canucks get Booth and Kesler back from their injuries we're going to have more jump in our step. Just get points, get to the playoffs, welcome back Booth and Kesler, possibly welcome a new top six winger from trade and go ham like the Kings.

I have thought this myself. Teams are likely to underestimate us simply because they'll be use to Kesler not hounding them. If he is fully healed and beasts. Well, best ask Weber and Suter how that goes.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
I am amazed to see the team do so well while missing two of our top 6 forwards. Great game tonight.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Yep, means that Garrison needs to be a contributer on the PP.

It will be interesting to see how the Canucks PP unit sets up when everyone is healthy.

Considering how awful they have looked, I think all options should be explored. I suspect the Sedins, Kesler and Edler are all locks for the first unit. The final spot probably comes down to Hamhuis and Kassian, and you would have to give the edge to Hamhuis.

Bieksa/Garrison are locks for the second unit, with the final three spots likely coming down to Kassian, Schroeder, Booth and Burrows.

Although in reality, the first thing they should do is fire Newell Brown. His inability to make PP scheme adjustments is the real problem with the PP.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i want to see one of garrison's bomb from the point.. havent seen it yet because all the nucks do is pass pass pass then shoot.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
Luongo is playing some of his best hockey in years, right now. No slow start, no rust, just steady work with flashes of brilliance. No way the team can trade this guy.

I would go as far as saying he's playing his best hockey since about this time last year

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Long time Oiler poster and big time hater of the Vancouver Canucks.

Just wanted to say that it shocks me to feel this way, but I'm really happy for Luongo. Watching him tonight he looked like he was having fun. He seems like such a good-natured person and the way he has handled the goaltending controversy shows real class.

I think you should keep him.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ

Just wanted to say that it shocks me to feel this way, but I'm really happy for Luongo. Watching him tonight he looked like he was having fun. He seems like such a good-natured person and the way he has handled the goaltending controversy shows real class.

Who said you could feel this way? Why aren't you telling us how much the Canucks suck? WTF IS GOING ON HERE?!

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
It will be interesting to see how the Canucks PP unit sets up when everyone is healthy.

Considering how awful they have looked, I think all options should be explored. I suspect the Sedins, Kesler and Edler are all locks for the first unit. The final spot probably comes down to Hamhuis and Kassian, and you would have to give the edge to Hamhuis.

Bieksa/Garrison are locks for the second unit, with the final three spots likely coming down to Kassian, Schroeder, Booth and Burrows.

Although in reality, the first thing they should do is fire Newell Brown. His inability to make PP scheme adjustments is the real problem with the PP.

I would go with:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian up front
Kesler - Edler on the points.

Thanks, appreciate your thoughts. It'll be sad to see him go. :(

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

my first is to say, wait for washington to fire adam oates, then fire newell brown and hire oates as our special teams coach because he was a wizard on PP.

but unfortunately from what devils fans have reported, oates' PP strategy is basically "pass it to brett hull."

Aucoin11*

I love the "this is the best luongo has played in a long time" posts. Here's a memo you might have missed, luongo has given you this kind of goaltending almost every year he's been a canuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad