Toronto
if you have time id love it! :yo:

Zombo got his hands on it.

QgWDXQp.png

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
So do I.

I forget where I heard it (maybe Hockeycentral at Noon) but someone said he isn't playing for the Canucks he is playing for himself. He plays great, gets his value up & gets a trade in the works. The "doing it for himself" mentality is the exact same mentality Thomas had in the 2010/2011 Season in the same kind of situation & it worked out well. Luongo seems VERY motivated to prove his worth not only to the Canucks but to the GM's & media that think he doesn't have value.

Totally agree!

Very similar situation, some guys perform their best when they're insulted.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Hi,

To keep this post as positive as possible, I have not read a single post in this thread, nor will I. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Good come back by the Nucks. Your D is really impressive, limiting the Oilers shots and chances. Luongo looks like he's having a pretty solid, bounce back year. Your forward lines were doing their regular nice job of forechecking and cycling, which didn't take it easy on our depleted D corps.

Nice comeback win, but I will maintain, as opposed to many on our boards, as well as your boards possibly, that the Oilers did a pretty good job against a better team and stayed in the game quite well.

Wish Hall would've scored on that penalty shot.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

To keep this post as positive as possible, I have not read a single post in this thread, nor will I. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Good come back by the Nucks. Your D is really impressive, limiting the Oilers shots and chances. Luongo looks like he's having a pretty solid, bounce back year. Your forward lines were doing their regular nice job of forechecking and cycling, which didn't take it easy on our depleted D corps.

Nice comeback win, but I will maintain, as opposed to many on our boards, as well as your boards possibly, that the Oilers did a pretty good job against a better team and stayed in the game quite well.

canucks need to win it before the oil get too damn good ...cause it aint gonna be long...
cheers

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
It will be interesting to see how the Canucks PP unit sets up when everyone is healthy.

Considering how awful they have looked, I think all options should be explored. I suspect the Sedins, Kesler and Edler are all locks for the first unit. The final spot probably comes down to Hamhuis and Kassian, and you would have to give the edge to Hamhuis.

I'd rather have Kassian in front of the net and put Kesler at the point with Edler. Have a left and right hand shot. Saves Kesler the beating in front of the net as well.

Bieksa/Garrison are locks for the second unit, with the final three spots likely coming down to Kassian, Schroeder, Booth and Burrows.

Although in reality, the first thing they should do is fire Newell Brown. His inability to make PP scheme adjustments is the real problem with the PP.

Agreed. Bieksa Garrison on the second unit with Schroeder running things should be the way to go. Burrows or Raymond as the other forward and Booth in front of the net.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
In spite of the somewhat sloppy play from the Sedins, they did seem to be matched up against the kid line for Edmonton tonight and held them pointless. Have to be happy about that aspect of their game at least.

Sedins came alive after Burrows was put on their wing. They were terrible before that. The Oilers are a faster team and having 3 average speed guys (with Kassian) on that line wasn't working as the Sedins could not set up in the offensive zone. Nice in game adjustment by AV for once.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
canucks need to win it before the oil get too damn good ...cause it aint gonna be long...
cheers

Agreed. Vancouver fans, more than anybody, should and probably do realize what happens when you start from scratch. Before the internets, Vancouver was my 2nd favorite Canadian team.....and I've been watching them since the Oil started, so I have seen the bad old days for you guys allot.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Sedins came alive after Burrows was put on their wing. They were terrible before that. The Oilers are a faster team and having 3 average speed guys (with Kassian) on that line wasn't working as the Sedins could not set up in the offensive zone. Nice in game adjustment by AV for once.

I would actually say the Oilers are pretty slow outside of a few players, especially on D. Kassian was just coasting, plain and simple. (He wasn't alone though.)

YouCantYandleThis*

I would actually say the Oilers are pretty slow outside of a few players, especially on D. Kassian was just coasting, plain and simple. (He wasn't alone though.)

Yeah, definitely wasn't his best effort out there. There were a few times he was visibly coasting around the defensive zone, which is a big no-no. And he's so ****ing huge that he's so noticeable when he does it.

Shades of Bertuzzi again...hopefully AV will take the less Crawford-like approach and try to teach these habits out though.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Morning after thoughts... Best game the Canucks have played. I hear Chapman this morning woeing on the Canucks, but from what I saw the Oilers were playing a very sound defensive game, blocking shots. But the Canucks dominated that game IMHO. They were the better team, and aside from the Sedins, the other three lines out skated the Oilers most of the night.

The problem with the Sedins is there is no purpose in their play right now. It is all mechanics and motions. Especially on the PP. They had some urgency in their PP towards the end of the game, and the best part was the reaction to the OT goal.

They reacted asd a team, the first time really this season. I think this game meant more to the Canucks than we think.

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
Hi,

Bounce Back year?
2011-2012
31-14-0-8 5 SO .919%SV 2.41GAA

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Man Raymond just cant seem to get up a level. That Bieksa shot rebound in the middle of the second he either could have waited or passed back to Bieksa .

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Bounce Back year?
2011-2012

Beat me to it. I gotta get up earlier.

Anyways, not suggesting the team isn't tight in the locker room, but I think last nights game just got them tighter as a unit and they're going to go on a tear. Comeback win, Lou saving Daniels arse on the penalty shot in OT, and of course the elation of the whole team as "the kid" gets his first NHL goal... an OT GWG none the less.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I'd rather have Kassian in front of the net and put Kesler at the point with Edler. Have a left and right hand shot. Saves Kesler the beating in front of the net as well.

Agreed. Bieksa Garrison on the second unit with Schroeder running things should be the way to go. Burrows or Raymond as the other forward and Booth in front of the net.

Yep, agreed. Kesler on the point gives you that big right shot that 1st unit would be much better served with. Has the speed to get back and cover for mistakes. And also saves him the physical abuse - a big guy like Kassian could handle that much better imo.

For the 2nd unit I'd put Schroeder on the half-wall opposite Raymond, with Booth in front of the net. Juice and Garrison man the points. No more of this high slot business for the only other natural playmaker on the team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Bounce Back year?
2011-2012

Also look at what those numbers look like if you eliminate his October work. Eliminate the outlier and you get an idea of how consistent he really was. It looks like he's kicked it up a notch this year, but I wouldn't say it's a bounce back year at all.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Yep, agreed. Kesler on the point gives you that big right shot that 1st unit would be much better served with. Has the speed to get back and cover for mistakes. And also saves him the physical abuse - a big guy like Kassian could handle that much better imo.

For the 2nd unit I'd put Schroeder on the half-wall opposite Raymond, with Booth in front of the net. Juice and Garrison man the points. No more of this high slot business for the only other natural playmaker on the team.

I know he can't shoot, but I always find myself wishing they'd give Ballard a shot on PP2, given how much the team struggles to actually enter the zone most of the time. When he decides he wants to, the dude can just waltz the puck in. If they actually designed plays based around that, like a guy going to the net to get the rebound off his inevitably saved wrister, they could get something going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad