GDT: Game 78: Red Wings vs caps 7:00 pm et 4/9/24 (ESPN)

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Avoided spoilers. Ignored my phone. Kill time running errands after work. Get home to find it's not ESPN+ nor archived on demand unless you have a cable package to verify. Erupt in anger. Check scores and see Wings lost and damn near destroyed my controller.

I have the same issue. Can't just watch the game on the platform we paid for.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
The 4th line being unplayable really f***s with Lalonde running his lines efficiently. He has to protect 3 of 4 lines and can’t even play his 4th

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Need a few more of our 1st and 2nd rounders to come through. Especially some of the defenceman. You gotta look at waste of meat Petry and Chariot and be thinking all I gotta do is beat this immobile ice cream truck out.
The sad part is Chiarot is by FAR our 3rd best D if you don’t consider Edvisson a regular like Lalonde/Yzerman didnt for most of the season
Lalonde has the team dump the puck. Chase. Lose the race. Easy exit for Caps and sometimes get a scoring chance the other way. Rinse-and-repeat.

That's the summary of Lalonde's coaching intellect.
I like to call it the dump and don’t you dare actually chase

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
The coach of the team that just got blown out by a far worse team than the Caps, who are lower than the Wings in the standings?... I seriously don't understand why anyone would want this guy.
It was a joke, they don't have good team at all and my guess they don't like to play for him anymore

Reactions: 14ari13

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
So linesman can only become involved in a missed call if player is injured, Copp is injured, miss obvious high stick. I haven't watched a bunch of other games besides Wings lately, but damn the refs have been worse than usual down the stretch.
Refereeing for Wings games went down the toilet during the Calgary game and never recovered.

League figured out that no one gives a f*** about McDavid, Bedard, or Kucherov outside of their cities and needs f***ing 36 year old Crosby and Ovechkin to keep the league afloat.

The Wings didn't fall apart because of the refs but it doesn't help.

Wings had a clear path to the playoffs and choked it away, then had a clear path to maybe getting the 12OA pick and f***ed that up too. Worst possible outcome to the season, no playoffs, bad pick, and they once again look like a f***ing joke to the rest of the league.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad