GDT: Game 72: Colorado Avalanche vs Detroit Red Wings | Sunday, March 18th | 1:00pm MT

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Echoing your "it's way too early" quote but I'm honestly looking at this too. Wouldn't be for games 1 and 2 but I'm actually getting Married in Mexico in the middle of round 1. I have vacation time booked off and no real plans directly following the wedding. If it goes that way I may try to convince the missus to head to Vegas for a few days post wedding and hope it goes to game 7.

Congrats bud!

Oh, and to keep the joke going... You didn't even have to mail the invitation to me, could've been personally delivered for crying out loud.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
It was going to be the Jonathan Toews toaster too.

tumblr_ozinylNeQs1ugpe8io2_400.gif

He sure missed out, this is one of the few current toasters to be in the top 100 greatest toasters list

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Echoing your "it's way too early" quote but I'm honestly looking at this too. Wouldn't be for games 1 and 2 but I'm actually getting Married in Mexico in the middle of round 1. I have vacation time booked off and no real plans directly following the wedding. If it goes that way I may try to convince the missus to head to Vegas for a few days post wedding and hope it goes to game 7.
Congrats dude!! What a badass way to celebrate if that happens.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That "MVP" chant was one of the best things of the season, but the game was not. That was not a very good game for the Avs players besides EJ, Comeau, Zadorov, Barrie, Varlamov, and the first line. Avs depth needs to be more productive because we can't rely on the first line every single game.

Also LOL did anybody see the Nun's who were Avs fans? That was freakin' amazing. :laugh:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
That "MVP" chant was one of the best things of the season, but the game was not. That was not a very good game for the Avs players besides EJ, Comeau, Zadorov, Barrie, Varlamov, and the first line. Avs depth needs to be more productive because we can't rely on the first line every single game.

Also LOL did anybody see the Nun's who were Avs fans? That was freakin' amazing. :laugh:

Agreed. The Avs prevailed today because they have a budding superstar who was able to heavily impact today’s game. Not a recipe for consistent long term success. Hopefully Ghetto & Kamanev’s return can provide a jolt to depth scoring production.

Still fun to pummel Detroit for old times’s sake. The Redwings suck & MVP chants were cool. This team is playing for each other, & having fun, which is great to see. Missed the nuns, as I was swapping attention between TVs for Avs & NCAA basketball tourney games. That’s funny, & cool.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just watched the 2nd and third had to duck out after the first. Not a great second period seems we let up big time. That Compher line seemed to get hemmed in every shift they were out.....and then MVP does what hes been doing since Duchene took his ball to Ottawa. Nathan was pretty fired up after that icing call and he even pushed the refs hand lol ensuing shift he scores and pushes Dekeyser. I love how heated he gets out there. Landeskog had a solid game in all three zones. EJ was solid for a guy who missed time. Varly was spectacular and seems to be getting his mojo back right in time. Kamenev played a safe game and seems to make the right plays. Girard had an interesting game with the puck a few ankle breakers and one really terrible turnover to Mantha in front haha.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Just started listening to the BSN podcast and Haefele essentially blamed the Abdelkader goal on Kamenev for not rotating fast enough in coverage.

After that statement, he has zero credibility left to be discussing hockey IMO, because he does not know what he is watching. I had to turn it off after that, it is like listening to the three stooges. I generally want to encourage people that are out there trying to build something, but it is flat out embarrassing.

I guess Haefele gave Kamenev an F for a grade. I just don't have any respect for Haefele as an individual who has any idea what he is talking about.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just started listening to the BSN podcast and Haefele essentially blamed the Abdelkader goal on Kamenev for not rotating fast enough in coverage.

After that statement, he has zero credibility left to be discussing hockey IMO, because he does not know what he is watching. I had to turn it off after that, it is like listening to the three stooges. I generally want to encourage people that are out there trying to build something, but it is flat out embarrassing.

I don't remember Kamenev on that play ( I was too busy being pissed at Kerfoot I guess) and didn't listen to the podcast yet but that whole line had a terrible, terrible game including Kamenev. Don't be too emotional...the BSN guys are not always but usually spot on and aren't watching the game on TV, they are there.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't remember Kamenev on that play ( I was too busy being pissed at Kerfoot I guess) and didn't listen to the podcast yet but that whole line had a terrible, terrible game including Kamenev. Don't be too emotional...the BSN guys are not always but usually spot on and aren't watching the game on TV, they are there.

I am not emotional. I don't have any respect for the opinion or the person, he rubs me the wrong way.

I would like better options for information regarding the Avalanche than what is available.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I guess Haefele gave Kamenev an F for a grade. I just don't have any respect for Haefele as an individual who has any idea what he is talking about.

That goal was on Kerfoot. Kamenev was doing his job covering the point man.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
They didnt have a terrible game. Kerfoot was at fault on that goal for sure. Not great but definitely not horrible.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
He has a highlight reel goal every single game it seems like. Such a treat to watch him grow into this player this year.

We always talked about MacKinnon finding that same rookie playoff mode again. I didn't think he could flip a switch and turn it on for a whole season though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Hfboards wasn't invited?!?!

Next thing we know Hench and CGF are going to be announcing a wedding.

Edit; I see I'm like the 5th person offended by that. I'll take the steak btw, and the plus one is a vegetarian.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't even blame Kerfoot for that goal, to me it all went sideways the moment Bourque lost the puck in the neutral zone. He was positively awful today--fumbled with the puck and turned it over at least a couple times, effectively killing any chance of creating offense in the limited amount of time that line was on the ice. I thought they were pretty good otherwise. Don't agree at all with Haefele that Kerf should sit because of fatigue. He's definitely worn down as are some other youngsters, but I don't think he should sit. Some may disagree with me but I'd be fine with an all-rookie 4th line of Kerfoot-Kamenev-Toninato. I can see why Bednar didn't opt for that though.

I also would've preferred Siemens on the 3rd pair over Warsofsky. But again, I can see why coach did what he did.

But those two things are about the only negatives other than some lackluster defensive zone play in the 2nd period. Of course that might just be fatigue. Can't complain too much, the Avs needed a win and Wings being a truly bad team right now doesn't make a difference, they got the job done. Really good games from a whole slew of different players.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't even blame Kerfoot for that goal, to me it all went sideways the moment Bourque lost the puck in the neutral zone. He was positively awful today--fumbled with the puck and turned it over at least a couple times, effectively killing any chance of creating offense in the limited amount of time that line was on the ice. I thought they were pretty good otherwise. Don't agree at all with Haefele that Kerf should sit because of fatigue. He's definitely worn down as are some other youngsters, but I don't think he should sit. Some may disagree with me but I'd be fine with an all-rookie 4th line of Kerfoot-Kamenev-Toninato. I can see why Bednar didn't opt for that though.

I also would've preferred Siemens on the 3rd pair over Warsofsky. But again, I can see why coach did what he did.

But those two things are about the only negatives other than some lackluster defensive zone play in the 2nd period. Of course that might just be fatigue. Can't complain too much, the Avs needed a win and Wings being a truly bad team right now doesn't make a difference, they got the job done. Really good games from a whole slew of different players.

Just watching the game now on the Midnight replay. I've been extremely impressed with Detroit's broadcast team. Redwings fans can't like this, but they've been all over the Avs nuts the first half of the game. They break down plays, and rip into whatever they see.

They're giving MacK all the respect he deserves (He absolutely should win the heart if they make the playoffs verbatim) including his line, and even going in depth regarding his success showing old clips and clips from this game. Mickey was always hard on the wings at times but this crew has kept up the thoughtful knowledgeable no BS analysis.

They had some fun stuff between Roy and Osgood too, showing an old interview with them two in 2013 about their fight. Pretty cool stuff. I haven't liked an opposing feed this much. Usually it's excuses, complaining, lack of hockey knowledge, and just general unadulterated bias.

Btw.. I'm blacked out from the Avs feed since I'm here in Michigan.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad