GDT: Game 72: Colorado Avalanche vs Detroit Red Wings | Sunday, March 18th | 1:00pm MT

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Meh, we all know that the BSN guys can be somewhat decent when it comes to coverage of the team, but when it comes to actual hockey knowledge and opinions they don't have a clue. Nothing to get riled up over. Everyone knows they're out to lunch with almost all of their opinions and viewings on the games/players.

I think it's legit to be bothered by it IMO. AJ, and Dater (for much longer) are relied on by so many casuals for what their opinions should be. It bothers me quite a bit that all of our major coverage guys are so out to lunch when it comes to real hockey IQ. It miss informs a very large part of the fan base. Everyone knows the hard core fans are the minority.

I'd give anything to have Sadowski/Boulding/Evan in a position of more visibility. Hopefully the Athletic picks up one of those guys here soon.

Yeah @The Mars Volchenkov I think you belong in that group.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
please, Henchy's not ready for how amazing a sex life we'd have

giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hfboards wasn't invited?!?!

Next thing we know Hench and CGF are going to be announcing a wedding.

Edit; I see I'm like the 5th person offended by that. I'll take the steak btw, and the plus one is a vegetarian.

We're more of the eloping type.

please, Henchy's not ready for how amazing a sex life we'd have

Don't take our spat public!!!!!

Also... congrats @Cousin Eddie

mawwiage.gif

Reactions: cgf and CobraAcesS

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@Cousin Eddie congrats my man! Us married men salute you! Just be glad your wedding isn't going to be the 500 person gong show that mine was lol.

That sounds horrible. My cousin did the destination wedding thing and it was amazing, there was like 30-40 people max.
We're more of the eloping type.

Don't take our spat public!!!!!

Also... congrats @Cousin Eddie

mawwiage.gif

Step your game up and I won't have to put you on blast like that!

...it's a good thing we are eloping...

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Avs should stop selling tickets to opposition fans at Pepsi Center like some teams do

Yeah it’s annoying but I went to the game last night and boy oh boy did we drown out any semblance of a Detroit chant. At one point we had the whole stadium chanting. “Let’s go Avalanche - Red Wings suck!!” Such a fun game to go to. Red wing fans were actually...pleasant.

Reactions: McMetal and cgf

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Yeah it’s annoying but I went to the game last night and boy oh boy did we drown out any semblance of a Detroit chant. At one point we had the whole stadium chanting. “Let’s go Avalanche - Red Wings suck!!” Such a fun game to go to. Red wing fans were actually...pleasant.

Oh and the MVP chant was also epic.

Reactions: McMetal

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I was actually surprised at how many Red Wings fans went to the game. Having lost 9 in a row and clearly out of a playoff spot, I figured most of them would rather not shell out money for this game but they were out in full force. Felt like a 60/40 split.

I hate that it happens to us because so many fan bases invade Denver (Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Jose, now Nashville for some strange reason). But props to those fans for actually showing up while mired in an awful season.

Reactions: cgf

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah gotta give props to Wings fans, they are sure a loyal bunch. Wings are one of the worst teams in the league and lost 10 in a row, their fans are still following them and supporting them.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was actually surprised at how many Red Wings fans went to the game. Having lost 9 in a row and clearly out of a playoff spot, I figured most of them would rather not shell out money for this game but they were out in full force. Felt like a 60/40 split.

I hate that it happens to us because so many fan bases invade Denver (Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Jose, now Nashville for some strange reason). But props to those fans for actually showing up while mired in an awful season.

Seattle and Vegas will probably have issues with that stuff as well. Tampa does as well.

Someone else mentioned this, but a lot of those fans are season ticket holders. I know there was games every year my wife was in Red in Tampa, and games I was in Burgundy as well. Just something good cities have to deal with I guess.

Somehow I doubt Chicago keeps up their world wide bandwagon though. I think Detroits fans are much more tenured.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad