GDT: Game 72: Colorado Avalanche vs Detroit Red Wings | Sunday, March 18th | 1:00pm MT

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
extralarge.png

[38-25-8]

Gabriel Landeskog - Nathan MacKinnon - Mikko Rantanen
Matt Nieto - Carl Soderberg - Blake Comeau
Sven Andrighetto - Tyson Jost - J.T. Compher
Alexander Kerfoot - Vladislav Kamenev - Gabriel Bourque

Nikita Zadorov - Tyson Barrie
Patrik Nemeth - Erik Johnson
Samuel Girard - David Warsofsky

Semyon Varlamov
Spencer Martin

extralarge.png

[26-34-11]

Tyler Bertuzzi - Henrik Zetterberg - Gustav Nyquist
Darren Helm - Dylan Larkin - Anthony Mantha
Justin Abdelkader - Frans Nielsen - Andreas Athanasiou
Evgeny Svechnikov - Luke Glendening - Martin Frk

Jonathan Ericsson - Trevor Daley
Niklas Kronwall - Mike Green
Danny DeKeyser - Nick Jensen

Jimmy Howard
Jared Coreau

Leading Scorers
1) Nathan MacKinnon -----> 36G, 50A, 86 PTS
2) Mikko Rantanen -----> 25G, 50A, 75 PTS
3) Gabriel Landeskog -----> 23G, 30A, 53 PTS
4) Dylan Larkin -----> 9G, 41A, 50 PTS
5) Tyson Barrie -----> 10G, 39A, 49 PTS
6) Henrik Zetterberg -----> 10G, 37A, 47 PTS
7) Anthony Mantha -----> 23G, 18A, 41 PTS
8) Alexander Kerfoot -----> 15G, 21A, 36 PTS
9) Gustav Nyquist -----> 19G, 15A, 34 PTS
10) Carl Soderberg -----> 15G, 18A, 33 PTS

Red+Wings.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasbro and Murzu

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No idea if Varlamov or Martin will start and likely won't know until the early morning given it's an afternoon game. Also not sure if Kamenev will play or not but if he does my guess is he takes out Toninato.

I wanted to do creative names but I'm just too tired right now.

Reactions: Murzu

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So is everyone else on board with this being the game where MacKinnon finally pulls off the full MacKinnon, and jumps into the lead for the Art Ross?
Six point night! Six point night!

Oh right. It's really a six point day.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think you get thrown out of the game for your 2nd fight, so he'll get the MacK Trick and then his second fight will be 1 on 2.

MacK will just have to go full action movie and 1-punch KO three Dead Things in sequence after completing the MacK-trick

Reactions: McMetal

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
This is so scary game. We really need a win tonight and everybody is expecting us to win, because Wings are so horrible at the moment. But it always seems that we lose these kinds of games. And if Wings decides to put in their number 2 goalie, it is a sure loss :(

But I really hope we take this by huge margin, because my Fantasy team has Rantanen, Barrie and Zadorov and I desperately need points!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
This is so scary game. We really need a win tonight and everybody is expecting us to win, because Wings are so horrible at the moment. But it always seems that we lose these kinds of games. And if Wings decides to put in their number 2 goalie, it is a sure loss :(

But I really hope we take this by huge margin, because my Fantasy team has Rantanen, Barrie and Zadorov and I desperately need points!
Jared Coreau's a big time sieve.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
72nd must win of the season. Hope they come out strong and finish the Wings off quickly.

And i need informations about EJ and Berns. Hope these 2 are back by Thursday or so for our final push.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
As much as we need to keep winning, I feel like this would be the game to finally start Martin.

Varlamov needs to rest at some point. Especially considering if he plays today, that's essentially 3 games in 3.5 days.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
As much as we need to keep winning, I feel like this would be the game to finally start Martin.

Varlamov needs to rest at some point. Especially considering if he plays today, that's essentially 3 games in 3.5 days.

I don't believe the Avs have any choice but to start Varlamov and ride him until Bernier is healthy. It is a risk regarding his health, but the Avs have too much at stake to take a greater risk on Martin at this point. The points are too critical.

On another note, if Kamenev is not inserted in the lineup today, I am not sure when or if he gets in the lineup down the stretch. It may be a situation in which it is dependent on injuries. Not playing Kamenev is not the best handling of his development, at least in my opinion. I think he will be an important player for the Avs in the future and I think he can be a contributor right now. We'll see what happens.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Swap Kamanev in for Kerfoot. I know coaches can be overly superstitious about not wanting to change a "winning lineup" but we lost last game and nobody will notice Kerfoot's underwhelming contributions to the lineup.

I'd like to have Dwarfsofty out of the lineup as well but that ain't happening until someone gets healthy, sadly.

A "should win" game for this team is always so sketchy.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany

I still can't believe he wasn't rested against NSH.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think status quo was a pretty safe bet

The Avs site mentions Varly starting, but it does not seem like a difinitive statement either. "Goaltender Semyon Varlamov is expected to start for the fourth game in a row"

and they simply mention Kamenev's call up in passing after. "Forward Vladislav Kamenev was on a conditioning assignment with the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League and was recalled Saturday afternoon."

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I still can't believe he wasn't rested against NSH.

I think that all but guarantees he is playing every game until Bernier is healthy.

I figured Varly is playing today. But was just stating if there ever was a game to give him the game off, it would probably be this one.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think that all but guarantees he is playing every game until Bernier is healthy.

I figured Varly is playing today. But was just stating if there ever was a game to give him the game off, it would probably be this one.
I think the opposite. If they played Martin today thinking this was going to be an easy game, and he got lit up, that would look really bad. They need to take care of beating a very bad team today.

Reactions: Balthazar

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I think the opposite. If they played Martin today thinking this was going to be an easy game, and he got lit up, that would look really bad. They need to take care of beating a very bad team today.

Sure it wouldn't look good, but wouldn't it look worse starting him against a good team? That's basically saying "we don't think we're going to win this one, so we'll start the kid."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad