Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: last chance for the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I don’t think they’ll change the core if we lose but if they do, do you trust Dubas to make the changes.

We need a management group or coach with balls. Like the kind who will sit players (for games) if they don't perform, and have management back them. There needs to be an expectation in play.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
If Keefe doesn’t take Thornton out i hope he gets fired. Useless. What a mistake signing this guy when your coach won’t/ can’t take him out. The guy does nothing. Simmonds could get much more involved to just saying.

I hear you, but it's hard to even care what's happening with the 4th line when #34, #16 and #11 are ghosts, playing 30+ minutes like they did tonight. They don't look dangerous at all, it's hard to care about what Jumbo did in 11 minutes on the 4th line.

Nobody is getting anywhere in the playoffs with their 1st line playing like a botched abortion. People would be sick to their stomachs if I posted the 1st round stats for the likes of Colorado's top line, Tampa Bay's top line, Carolina's first line, hell, even Boston's top line, vs what Auston, Mitch and Zack are doing.

Last edited:

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
cant Muzzin play game 7 the whole season and the team is on the line...

also i cant believe that goal was not goalie interference...the guy was literally behind Campbell

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's a guy I'd have no problems facing regularly, especially with Eichel against him.

You look at guys coming up in Ottawa like Tkachuk, Batherson, Norris and Pinto and I just kinda laugh at the idea that Marner is going to outskill a group of hungry and motivated players who probably lick their chops at the idea of shutting down this fancy little player who plays scared. I would love to be on the other side of that equation.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I hear you, but it's hard to even care what's happening with the 4th line when #34, #16 and #11 are ghosts. When they're playing 30+ minutes like they did tonight and they don't look dangerous at all, it's hard to care about what Jumbo did in 11 minutes lol.

Nobody is getting anywhere in the playoffs with their 1st line playing like a botched abortion. People would be sick to their stomach if I posted the 1st round stats for the likes of Colorado's top line, Tampa Bay's top line, Carolina's first line, hell, even Boston's top line, vs what Auston, Mitch and Zack are doing.

I care. He’s useless for months

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Losers find ways to lose. Seems to be the common theme with this core. One last chance to change that narrative Monday.

Reactions: Rokker

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
That's where I'm at too. I just don't think they have it in them. The Tavares return to long island, losing to a Zamboni driver, losing every elimination game. Embarrassment after embarrassment and they don't seem to give a f***.

If it looks like shit and smells like shit...

That's what gets me. They don't seemed fazed at all from the embarrassment.

"Yeah we need to be better it's game 7"

I would be breaking sticks and smashing shit against the wall, I would be seething with anger over losing.

Neas Olc

Registered Abuser
Mar 22, 2011
Toronto
That's where I'm at too. I just don't think they have it in them. The Tavares return to long island, losing to a Zamboni driver, losing every elimination game. Embarrassment after embarrassment and they don't seem to give a f***.

If it looks like shit and smells like shit...
This franchise is one of the biggest jokes in top-level sports, forget the NHL. Honestly, who even compares, anywhere? Portsmouth FC (EDIT: Bolton Wanderers)? Even the Cleveland Browns have advanced in the playoffs recently (this year), Leeds United are back in the premiership, and the Leafs former baseball analogues (the Cubs) broke their drought recently.

Last edited:

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Sorry my fellow leaf fans…it’s not happening…Marner and Matthews will not magically step up in game 7. If leafs do win, it’ll be cause of Spezza, Campbell, Nylander..you know the guys who have been showing up all series. Those 2 are playing scared to lose instead of hungry to win. This is done..another year another failure another embarrassment…17 years and counting

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I care. He’s useless for months

Ok, so let's take him out of the lineup and give Brooks his 11 minutes. I'm right there with you. Who are we giving the 30 minutes that Matthews and Marner skated tonight? How about the 27 minutes that Hyman played?

Food for thought. As awful as Thornton has been in this series he has the same number of goals as Matthews and Hyman and more goals than Marner, despite them playing 3× the minutes Jumbo does. How pathetic is that?

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I hear you, but it's hard to even care what's happening with the 4th line when #34, #16 and #11 are ghosts, playing 30+ minutes like they did tonight. They don't look dangerous at all, it's hard to care about what Jumbo did in 11 minutes on the 4th line.

Nobody is getting anywhere in the playoffs with their 1st line playing like a botched abortion. People would be sick to their stomachs if I posted the 1st round stats for the likes of Colorado's top line, Tampa Bay's top line, Carolina's first line, hell, even Boston's top line, vs what Auston, Mitch and Zack are doing.

Completely agree. If the top line would have shown up this series, we wouldn't be in the situation we are today. Like yea, Thornton isn't a great player, but I'd argue his pass to Matthews on the pp was more dangerous than any Marner/Hyman play all game.

You need your big guys to perform, and that has simply not happened.

Reactions: myleafs

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Call me crazy, but I think we win convincingly.

Re: Willie/Matthews/Marner, Willie has been great, and honestly I think Matthews has been really good. He’s gotten unlucky, tonnes of great chances that haven’t quite gone in, but he’s dominating possession, playing far more physical than he has before, generating tonnes of scoring chances and playing well defensively. The points will come, if we move on.

Marner has to be better though.

Yeah you’re insane. But my God I pray you’re right.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sorry my fellow leaf fans…it’s not happening…Marner and Matthews will not magically step up in game 7. If leafs do win, it’ll be cause of Spezza, Campbell, Nylander..you know the guys who have been showing up all series. Those 2 are playing scared to lose instead of hungry to win. This is done..another year another failure another embarrassment…17 years and counting

I agree. If we win it will likely be because of Nylander and Spezza coming up or another unlikely hero combined with Jack Campbell heroics. Another obstacle to overcome will be Keefe’s favouritism of playing Thornton over Spezza and Marner over Nylander.

Reactions: glue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad