Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: last chance for the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
That should still be Dubas. I don't see how this team not being able to win Game 5 or 6 comes down to him. You can put the blame on coaching but the team he's built is fine, it's not his fault that 16 and 34 are melting in front of our eyes.

Time to trade Marner and whatever else it takes to get Eichel to Toronto. Shake up the core. It's insanity to keep trying with the same core even when the depth has gotten dramatically better.

I just don't want there to be an excuse of not having Tavares being the reason we lost.

Do what you want with Mitch, do NOT trade him to Buffalo.

He would be a Leaf killer for the next 15 years.

Reactions: Jamesy

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Price will shut these losers out and MTL wins 2-0.

Book it.

Nope, that's just not how the Leafs like to lose. They like to give you hope before dashing it. No chance it's 2-0 Habs.

It's probably 4-3 Habs. Leafs leading 3-1 and lose 4-3 in regulation. We'll score 3 goals but you can sure as hell bet that Marner or Matthews won't do shit.

Reactions: SnizzMitch

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
If they lose again it shows the organization philosophy is all wrong. Management from Shanny on down has to go. Change the organizational philosophy to one that wins playoff games, not one that wants to be nice and politically correct and eschews masculine aggression to put butts in the seats, but instead is geared to be tough to play against and built to win in the playoffs. Don't only scout for talent, but for grit and heart. Great players that want to win above all not merely "paycheck players".

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
For me and am sure for some other Leafs fans this game 7 is probably going to be a WIN-WIN scenario.

We win game 7; great! I don't have to listen to the garbage from my habs fans colleagues

We lost game 7; hopefully Dubas is FIRED!!! And we get a GM that has a foresight and knowledge about what it takes to win in the playoffs and not eff up the cap so much that you cannot even add quality depth because no cap left

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
The lineup I would ice in game seven:

Thoughts?

Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Hyman--Spezza-Nylander
Mikheyev-Foligno-Kerfoot
Engvall-Brooks-Simmonds

Reilly-Muzzin(presuming he plays)
Holl-Sandin
Bogosian-Brodie

Campbell

Reactions: Cokenfries

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017

Thoughts?

Hyman--Spezza-Nylander
Mikheyev-Foligno-Kerfoot
Engvall-Brooks-Simmonds

Holl-Sandin
Bogosian-Brodie

Campbell

Yes I'm sitting down Thornton

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
If they lose again it shows the organization philosophy is all wrong. Management from Shanny on down has to go. Change the organizational philosophy to one that wins playoff games, not one that wants to be nice and politically correct and eschews masculine aggression to put butts in the seats, but instead is geared to be tough to play against and built to win in the playoffs. Don't only scout for talent, but for grit and heart. Great players that want to win above all not merely "paycheck players".
Its not that deep.

It just comes down to Matthews and Marner not producing.

Reactions: myleafs and Pi

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
I really don’t get it. Assemble a dominant roster, dominate in regular season, and then gear up for the playoffs and literally choke. Every year. Book it. Why? Literally an entire lifetime for most, including me. Why??

Reactions: Future

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
You know what? At this point... put in Marty and let him f*** this team to death.

It seemed to me that Muzzin was done. If that is a groin, and he left as he did, I don't see how he plays in 2 days.
Who fills in for him? I actually am curious on this.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Changes won’t alter the fact that Matthews and Marner in particular are losers who lose. Frankly why bother keep either?

Regular season stats? Who gives a shit?

This isn't a shot at your comment, but come on, we all give a shit. GDTs and PGTs wouldn't be half as entertaining if we didn't. We live and breath this team, damn it's frustrating.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Thoughts?

Hyman--Spezza-Nylander
Mikheyev-Foligno-Kerfoot
Engvall-Brooks-Simmonds

Holl-Sandin
Bogosian-Brodie

Campbell

Swap Kerfoot and Spezza. Keep Dermott in the lineup and if Muzzin is hurt, then use Hutton. Sandin should not see another shift. Dermott made one costly mistake but was really good otherwise, not much unlike Galchenyuk. Sandin is way over his head and provides no value.

Reactions: leafsgirl12

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Last chance?
Rest assured this core will be completely in tact next season and every season afterwards until Matthews walks out the door just like Tavares did to the Isles.

T minus 3 and counting.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It seemed to me that Muzzin was done. If that is a groin, and he left as he did, I don't see how he plays in 2 days.
Who fills in for him? I actually am curious on this.

It would be Hutton or Sandin for me. Probably Sandin since he is more game ready.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
That should still be Dubas. I don't see how this team not being able to win Game 5 or 6 comes down to him. You can put the blame on coaching but the team he's built is fine, it's not his fault that 16 and 34 are melting in front of our eyes.

Time to trade Marner and whatever else it takes to get Eichel to Toronto. Shake up the core. It's insanity to keep trying with the same core even when the depth has gotten dramatically better.

I just don't want there to be an excuse of not having Tavares being the reason we lost.
do you actually believe our vaunted depth would have done anything other than be in a dog fight for 3rd in our regular division ?

the North is crap and we took advantage of that but don't let that fool you into believing this is a legit cup contender

as far as Keefe goes , he reminds me of a minor hockey coach who knows nothing else but to overplay his star players and when that isn't working has no idea what to do

M and M haven't played great but Hyman has been beyond useless but is still glued on the top line .

i still believe we'll win game 7 but that won't mask the fact this is still not a legit cup contender that Dubas built

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad