Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: last chance for the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Normally I’m fairly superstitious as well but I’ve learned there’s nothing we can do to influence the outcome of the game.

You could do every single right in your life for good karma and still watch them lose. It f***ing stings
The sun will come up tomorrow, we just gotta keep breathing Bert. This is for entertainment after all. But dang it while we watch the game we get fully invested like their winning will put bread on my table lol.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
The title of this thread is perfect. There should be massive changes if this team doesn't win.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Remember that Amazon Prime series on the Leafs season titled "All or Nothing"?

Well it's about to the titled "Nothing" after Game 7.

I've got 0 faith in Matthews and Marner to do anything. If we win, it will be because some random player like Mikheyev somehow scored a hattrick.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hmmm let's see, up 3-1 in a series .. Lose back to back games in Overtime after staging two multi-goal come backs.

Yeah this isn't going to end well at all.

My prediction: the Leafs jump out to a 2-0 lead early. Montreal cuts it to 2-1. The Leafs pull ahead 3-1 by the end of the second period. Montreal comes back and wins 4-3 i regulation. Because that's what this core does. Loses games in specularly different wants. Blowing a 3-1 series lead is just another different chapter in this embarrassing book.
Dang u really put some thought in on those details

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I am despondent. I will watch with the sound off and no expectations. Some time around the mid second period and the Leafs playing okay I will start to hope. By the beginning of the third my heart will be racing and I'll be pounding the table again.

And then they'll lose.

I hope we win. I hope to f*** that we win and somehow break this endless cycle of shit.

But I've been mentally defeated since Armia scored his 2nd goal in game 5. The hope came back once or twice, only to immediately be dashed on the rocks. Why should game 7's hope be any different?

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I don't have a good feeling going into a do or die with Tavares and Muzzin. It'd be such a drastic change but I'd like to see Robertson, Nossen, and Nash in for Mikheyev, Simmonds and Thornton.

I know theres no chance to go with it but man Mikheyev, Simmonds and Thornton are just not doing much for us out there. Your bottom 6 guys are the ones who sometimes get the big greasy goals and those guys ain't doing it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
a better question is who "will change this team dramatically"

That should still be Dubas. I don't see how this team not being able to win Game 5 or 6 comes down to him. You can put the blame on coaching but the team he's built is fine, it's not his fault that 16 and 34 are melting in front of our eyes.

Time to trade Marner and whatever else it takes to get Eichel to Toronto. Shake up the core. It's insanity to keep trying with the same core even when the depth has gotten dramatically better.

I just don't want there to be an excuse of not having Tavares being the reason we lost.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad