Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: last chance for the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Maybe we need to stop focusing on the core in game 7.

we all want a victory.

Kerfoot and Spezza have been more productive against the players that the Habs have sent out against them.

play them more. Play the core less.

it’s one game. Feed those that are hungry to eat

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
I know this may sound crazy, but if Muzz can't go tonight, I seriously consider switching Jumbo to defense and Sandin to forward

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If in any way, you think Babcock was the solution for this, or any other team, you are sorely misguided. Babcock would not have made anything better, and his best before date has well passed.
I guess I am "sorely misguided" then.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I know this may sound crazy, but if Muzz can't go tonight, I seriously consider switching Jumbo to defense and Sandin to forward

Yep, certifiable. To suggest that Thornton, who's slow/too immobile to maintain a forward roster spot would be able to step back and hold his own on defense over a guy like Dermott, Lilly, or Hutton? Put it this way I'd rather have Marincin on the 3rd pairing then Thornton.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Put an $800 bet on Montreal to win

I’ve looked into doing something like this. Problem is it seemed you have to bet on how much someone wins by, etc… or group other hail mary’s into it. End of the day looked like I could both lose money AND Leafs lose.

Can you actually just put a bet on which team wins?

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Woke up feeling pretty optimistic. Habs have had three of the most ridiculous wins in this series. Tavares injury, and 2 OTs.

If we just play the way we know they can, they will win.

They were gift wrapped both OT wins. Galchenyuk breaks them out for a 2 on 0 when he easily could've dumped in. Then Dermott gives them a 2 on 1 in the slot when he EASILY could've just gone up the boards, he had 3 leaf players supporting him including a man on the boards unchecked. And that's with Matthews and Marner playing like absolute f***ing garbage. The two 11M dollar men need to show up. If they can't show up today, in game 7 AGAIN, Marner needs to go.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I’ve looked into doing something like this. Problem is it seemed you have to bet on how much someone wins by, etc… or group other hail mary’s into it. End of the day looked like I could both lose money AND Leafs lose.

Can you actually just put a bet on which team wins?

Yes of course you can bet on just who wins the game.

Right now the Leafs are a -200 favorite. That means if you bet $100 on the Leafs, you'll profit only $50.

Right now the Habs are a +170 underdog. That means if you bet $100 on the Habs, you'll profit $170.

Right now the Leafs are a pretty big betting favorite to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
In 5 years we probably look back at this game in hindsight with just as much importance as the 2013 game 7. Win or lose this game will determine a lot of people in this organizations futures...just like 2013 did. I am not even nervous at this point. I am curious. They have lost the privilege of my excitement.

Reactions: Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
In 5 years we probably look back at this game in hindsight with just as much importance as the 2013 game 7. Win or lose this game will determine a lot of people in this organizations futures...just like 2013 did. I am not even nervous at this point. I am curious. They have lost the privilege of my excitement.

Yeah, after the manner in which they lost Game 5 and 6, I am almost watching this game as a neutral observer than a fan. I am expecting shit to go wrong.

As much as I love Spezza, if he’s the best player on the ice tonight, it’s time to blow up this core.

Marner has as many puck over glass penalties as goals in the playoffs in his career. Let’s hope he can get his first in 18 games tonight or at least make a good pass or two that leads to goals.

Reactions: SeenSchenn2

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Yes of course you can bet on just who wins the game.

Right now the Leafs are a -200 favorite. That means if you bet $100 on the Leafs, you'll profit only $50.

Right now the Habs are a +170 underdog. That means if you bet $100 on the Habs, you'll profit $170.

Right now the Leafs are a pretty big betting favorite to win.

Interesting. Bet365 isn’t able to accept my Visa or MasterCard. Canadian online gambling is messed up.

Reactions: weems

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I woke up in a bad mood and have no confidence in this team making my mood any better tomorrow morning.

Maybe the Leafs will shake off off the 1st round demons, maybe money-marner will actually score a playoff goal, maybe they'll all match the Habs' intensity when the puck drops and not just for the second half of the 3rd period when they're losing.

Too many maybes for me to have any confidence. Hopefully my Habs-loving buddies will know not to mock me until tomorrow or Wednesday at the earliest.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I woke up in a bad mood and have no confidence in this team making my mood any better tomorrow morning.

Maybe the Leafs will shake off off the 1st round demons, maybe money-marner will actually score a playoff goal, maybe they'll all match the Habs' intensity when the puck drops and not just for the second half of the 3rd period when they're losing.

Too many maybes for me to have any confidence. Hopefully my Habs-loving buddies will know not to mock me until tomorrow or Wednesday at the earliest.

Haha, I know the last part all too well. I didn’t even talk shit when we were up 3-1 because as perfectly as those games went for us, I could always expect the Leafs to make it hard on themselves.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I am with you. There is no excuse. If someone say Price stole Game 7 or JT was hurt or Ref didn't call this penalty or that penalty....then look back at not showing up while leading the series 3-1. If Price got 3 SOs in Game 5,6 and 7, thats another story. Leafs won three games without JT. The team needs to show up right away and not the last 15 minutes of the game.
Loser will always complain while Winner moves on.

Exactly. Losers always find excuses and you can be sure that if mess this up, the over the top homers like Zeke and Dekes will be telling us about Tavares and Muzzin and whatever else and how great this team really is and how amazing they really played and how Dubas is a genius and so on and so on.

Our opponent finished 18th overall FFS, show up to play every night and you win. Same thing with CLB last season but every night you don't show up, your margin of error gets smaller and smaller. Take too many nights off and you wake up one day to find that your margin of error is gone completely and you're on the verge of needing excuses.

Excuses are for losers, period.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Watching tonights game sober.
Don't wanna waste any beer on the leafs. If they win, ill crack open a victory beer. but thats all.
go leafs! (?)

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I totally agree with you. If the Leafs choke, big changes need to happen. This team has proven what they can do in the regular season. In the past 3 years they’ve also shown what they can do in the playoffs, or maybe I should say what they can’t do.
Marner is a magician in the regular season, but he does a disappearing act in the playoffs. If we don’t go deep this season, I would love to see him traded for Seth Jones. I have no idea what/if we might have to add.
Also, if we don’t go deep Dubas HAS to go, and I would even include Shanahan and Keefe. I liked Keefe up until now. Cannot for the life of me understand why Thornton and Simmonds are still in the lineup, and even more head shaking is why Thornton is on PP1. He shouldn’t even be on PP2.
Winning tonight does not change anything for me. We have to at least make it to the semi’s, while putting up a strong showing in the process.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Mitch Matthews

Sep 13, 2019
Yep, certifiable. To suggest that Thornton, who's slow/too immobile to maintain a forward roster spot would be able to step back and hold his own on defense over a guy like Dermott, Lilly, or Hutton? Put it this way I'd rather have Marincin on the 3rd pairing then Thornton.
If you're a Habs forward flying down the wing towards the Leafs blue line, who are you going to fear seeing most, Dermott, Lilly, Hutton or Big Joe? I know who I'd put my money on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille