Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: last chance for the core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah their first cup was 2010, Kane’s final year of RFA. Regardless Marner has been a complete no show I was just pointing out that inflation makes Marner’s deal look worse than it actually is
I am with you. Just want to point out that Kane actually did something before hitting it big. It is no accident that no team with a 10mil Plus players ever advance to the 2nd round. The winner of the Habs and Leafs will be the first team with a 10mil plus player to pass first round.
I said it last summer, the only individual trophy that I want the boys to win is the Conn Symthe. I don't care if they win the Hart, Art Ross, Norris, Venzina, Rocket.....it means nothing unless they win the Cup.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5 and glue

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
I am with you. Just want to point out that Kane actually did something before hitting it big. It is no accident that no team with a 10mil Plus players ever advance to the 2nd round. The winner of the Habs and Leafs will be the first team with a 10mil plus player to pass first round.
I said it last summer, the only individual trophy that I want the boys to win is the Conn Symthe. I don't care if they win the Hart, Art Ross, Norris, Venzina, Rocket.....it means nothing unless they win the Cup.
I made this exact same observation. I looked at all the highest salaries and looked at the team performance, some can’t even make the playoffs

Reactions: Gabriel426

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
These salary comparisons that focus on total money don't give you an accurate picture because the cap (until the covid flat cap era) has constantly changed. For example when Crosby first won the cup in 2009, his salary was 8.7 mil aav yet his cap hit was over 17% of the teams cap. Matthews signed for a higher aav than Crosby, but a lower % of the teams cap. If Crosby had signed his contract for 17% of the cap today he'd be making over 13 million aav

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Leafs need to show up. I am honestly glad I am going to be at work to miss this game.

Demotivating it has come to this for the Leafs.

Failure is not an option. To all those tuning in to the game tonight. I wish you luck and a blowout victory for the boys.

I'll be at work ignoring my phone to the best of my abilities.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
He had a couple of hits with one resulting in a goal for and the other created a chance, however, and I really like Nylander this series, but man last game he did some next level pull backs to avoid a hit. I laughed out loud a few times.
They all did!!

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Yeah their first cup was 2010, Kane’s final year of RFA. Regardless Marner has been a complete no show I was just pointing out that inflation makes Marner’s deal look worse than it actually is
Marner is one of those regular season fire fly's all shiny and bright. Playoff, nothing, nodda, zero. His worshippers keep pointing out he was 4th in scoring or a 90 point man. Yes, he was, but playing with Taveras and Matthews helped.
Move Marner to the third or 4th line.
I would go tonight:
Foligno, Matthews, Simmonds (Let 34 drive the line, the other 2 give him room
Chucky Kerfoot Nylander (Been Leafs best line)
Hyman Engvall Marner (If Marner is so Kane like, should blend well.)
Soupy Brooks Spezza

And the PP:
Willie Simmonds (Net) Matthews
Brodie Sandin
Shoot!!! Shoot!!! Shoot!!!

Spezza Hyman (Net) Foligno
Reilly Marner
Crashh the net, traffic

Reactions: geo25

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
Majority of fans will never forgive the players or the management if we lose.
They better bring their fukin A game.
Pretty much this. Will be hard to take this core seriously or be excited at all about hockey next year if they drop this game 7.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I bet if they spent as much time daily in the weight room as they did on the cell phones this series would be over by now.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
It's all come down to this. For better or worse, just wanna get to 7 o clock and drop the puck. Matthews and Marner have to change their playoff narrative here. I can't imagine us coming out flat. You have to be pissed off and embarrassed one would think. Thornton trying to win his first cup might wanna act like it tonight too

weems

Jul 3, 2008
These salary comparisons that focus on total money don't give you an accurate picture because the cap (until the covid flat cap era) has constantly changed. For example when Crosby first won the cup in 2009, his salary was 8.7 mil aav yet his cap hit was over 17% of the teams cap. Matthews signed for a higher aav than Crosby, but a lower % of the teams cap. If Crosby had signed his contract for 17% of the cap today he'd be making over 13 million aav

Great post.
It's crazy how many narratives get started that dont even have accurate context.

Reactions: Menzinger

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
today nobody even remembers Minny.

Minny could win the cup and no one would remember them the next day lol

This is the leafs every bad thing they do gets brought up forever until the end of time. We win this series, I bet you the talk will still be about how the leafs failed to win in 5/6.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Woke up feeling pretty optimistic. Habs have had three of the most ridiculous wins in this series. Tavares injury, and 2 OTs.

If we just play the way we know they can, they will win.

Reactions: EagerPug and glue

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Very on edge this morning. No one better give me crap at work today, I'm not sure I can contain the anxiety. This is so unnecessary. Why are the Leafs doing this to me?

Reactions: OddyOh

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Not at all. His breath really is THAT bad.

If in any way, you think Babcock was the solution for this, or any other team, you are sorely misguided. Babcock would not have made anything better, and his best before date has well passed.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Not sure I have it in me to watch from the start. I'll just check the boxscore. If the leafs are winning, I'll probably be tempted to tune in. If they aren't, i'll just ignore the game like there is no game today.

@PromisedLand I think lots of people are calling for you to make the GDT, you have a win streak right? Please do it when you have a chance. Thank you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad