GDT: Game 68: Avs @ Wild |Tuesday, March 13th, 6:30pm MT (NBCSN)| Unforgettable

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Couldn’t watch the game and didn’t see it coming, but god damn it feels good to beat these turds on the road. Now onto STL, f*** I’m starting to believe we might actually make it in, go Avs

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If the playoffs started tomorrow we'd face Vegas? That'd be friggin' awesome.

Wonder what kind of odds you could have gotten on betting sites before the seasons started to have that match up be a first round playoff series?

I'd say you easily could have gotten like 1000:1, perhaps even higher. Besides the fact we are supposed to be two of the bottom 3-4 teams in the league, but also the fact we're in different divisions so the only way us matching up is possible, is with one winning the division and the other being a wildcard.

Crazy that at least right now it looks like a legit possibility.

I'm not ready to say that we'll make the playoffs yet. It can turn on a dime so I'll start getting excited if it becomes official. Too much stress otherwise

Yeah. Until I see an "x" next to our name in the standings, I'll be scoreboard watching out of town games and looking at playoff probabilities every day.

Beating St. Louis Thursday would be absolutely massive though.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beating St. Louis Thursday would be absolutely massive though.

No doubt that it's the most important game of the season so far. We win they are 5 pts behind us with the same number of games played. We lose they are 1 pt behind us and we have to play them again soon after. Huge difference.

A true 4 pts game right there.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Not gonna lie. Looking at the standings.

I’d much rather play Vegas than Winnipeg (if we were to theoretically pass Minny) (which is crazy that I feel that’s feasible)

Reactions: hooverdam

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Avs are 14-4-5 since New Year in games Nathan Mackinnon played. They are 4-4-0 without him in the lineup.

Avs are 6-1-4 in games without EJ during this stretch.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What a game. Love beating that team.
OK I have never said it before but I just can't resist anymore.........

F*** the Wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If you guys want to see what hockey IQ looks like just look at what Rantanen did before the Mackinnon goal. He takes a peak over his right shoulder before Nemeth retrieves the puck then he purposely lets it go through his leg mind f***ing Suter and Koivu who at this point is a step behind Mackinnon. Mackinnon comes swooping in and does what he does.

member 116861

Avs are 14-4-5 since New Year in games Nathan Mackinnon played. They are 4-4-0 without him in the lineup.

Avs are 6-1-4 in games without EJ during this stretch.

Eskimo44 was right the entire time.
justin-g-shocked-mr-bean-horrified-l2JHS7po8pGz94TgQ

Reactions: S E P H and Ivan13

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
After 5 month and 69 :naughty: games i can proudly announce: In Bednar I trust.

Management, Coaching stuff, Roster, Prospect Pool - everything is coming up Milhouse.

Fun to be an Avs fan these days. Keep it going guys - Playoffs are not just a dream anymore.

Reactions: klozge

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Hahahahah

Isn't that a blast from the past.

FTR that wasn't meant to be a slight towards EJ, it's a testament to the fact that our D is much deeper and better than in years past.
Big time. I was thinking about this last night.

Team wins 10 in a row with Barrie out, and then he comes back and they slump. Then EJ gets hurt, and they go 6-1-4. If only they could play with the same intensity when both the Avs star defencemen are in.

Reactions: Ivan13

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
So, I've had Compher on my team in a very deep fantasy-league this whole season. On Sunday, the day before the playoffs started in that league, I dropped him. Yeah, this was no accident....

Reactions: Pokecheque

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So have a number of us been mispronouncing Zadorov's name, myself included? Bednar pronounces it different. I would hope that he would know the correct pronunciation.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What a fun game to watch.

I know Warsofsky didn't have a great game, made one really bad turnover at his own blue line, but he was also the guy who sprung Compher for the opening goal. I don't want to harp on it too much as I don't really think he's a mainstay or anything but I still think he's a way better option than Lindholm.

If there was one Avs player I wasn't thrilled with at all, it was Girard. Dude seemed to be fighting it a little, also seemed a little frustrated and pulled an EJ by letting loose a shot right into a Wylde player's pads, leading to a rush the other way. I don't love that he has to keep playing his off-side with Nemeth (who also wasn't great but he didn't stand out like he usually does) but there aren't any other options at this point.

I saw Bednar was trying something new, using guys like Warsofsky and Barrie on the PK. May have been out of necessity given the amount of penalties the Avs were called for early on, but I think Bednar, as well as the rest of the NHL, should try stuff like this more often.

All four lines were effective but I really liked the play of the 4th line of Gork-Kerf-Nato virtually every time they were on the ice. They didn't get much playing time but I thought they were very good about getting the puck out of the zone efficiently.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Big time. I was thinking about this last night.

Team wins 10 in a row with Barrie out, and then he comes back and they slump. Then EJ gets hurt, and they go 6-1-4. If only they could play with the same intensity when both the Avs star defencemen are in.
I have a theory on it. When Barrie was out, the Avs rolled consistent defensive pairings, and that’s what they’re doing now without EJ. I think consistency in a partner matters. When both are in the lineup, things get jumbled up all the time to find both of those guys a ton of ice time, and they play with everyone. It can lead to chaos at times.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The officiating was just awful in the game, not because it was so one sided for 3/4 of the game but because they let the game just get out of hand.

I have not seen a team collectively complain as much as the wild do. I was able to be at the 7-1 drubbing and same thing, Staal, Cullen, Bruce were all just whining the whole time.

Glad the Avs won, must feel good for them. The ideal next 2 days for the Avs is a Dallas regulation loss and Avs regulation win. But based on all the odds I am seeing the Avs are more likely to make the playoffs than not, just need to keep chugging away.

I do hope EJ can come back soon, obviously they are getting points without him but are getting hemmed in their own zone and buried by shots a decent amount. Plus if EJ comes back they could push for the W2 spot which in my opinion is ideal. But 1 game at a time.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad