GDT: Game 68: Avs @ Wild |Tuesday, March 13th, 6:30pm MT (NBCSN)| Unforgettable

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
The problem with Zadorov and Barrie together in my eyes is that they both play risky hockey at times and I'd rather them have more stable partners to compensate.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Maybe I just don’t follow the media enough but I haven’t heard a peep about O’Reilly since last season. It’s still viewed as a lopsided trade in the wrong direction, but ROR isn’t exactly lighting the Eastern conference on fire, nor was he the missing piece for a struggling Sabres roster.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Reactions: Hesher and cgf

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Ya spurgeon is one of the only mild players that isn’t trash. Gotta feel for the guy a little bit. However a lot of dry eyes around here when considering his absence on the mild’s roster

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Call me coldhearted but Spurgeon will miss about a month. That's nothing. No need to feel pitty for him, he will be back when it matters. It's actually kind of satisfying to see that other teams have injuries too - not only the Avs.

The key guys of the Stars for example (Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Spezza & Klingberg) were healthy all season - and they are still behind us in the standings. Stunning.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Took a quick read over on their GDT, still salty as hell. We're pretty much a team of Tkachuk's and Marchands to them. Which is funny considering the majority of their top guys are cheap shot artists meanwhile the only guy that we have that plays on the edge is Landy.

Last edited:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I hate Barberio, but he's easily better than Siemens.

I understand what you mean but Siemens may be a better fit for this team. I've been very impressed with Siemens playing in the role he's been put in since his call-up. He doesn't get a lot of credit for playing as well as he has but I think that on most nights, if you don't really notice him too much one way or another, that's a really good thing.

I remember writing during training camp in September that he just was never going to be an NHL d-man because he was lacking in the mental aspect of the game but Duncan has turned a corner after another pro year under his belt. I'm not sure whether it's because he was always trying to do too much because he was drafted 11th overall and has finally just come to terms with the fact that he can just be a bottom pairing guy OR because he actually just needed more development time to get to this point.

So when I look at Barberio vs Siemens, in his time here, Barberio has been good initially then bad and then back to decent/good before his injury but I'm not really seeing a lot of progression there. I think he's the kind of guy who thrives and plays better with more icetime (middle pairing minutes) but can also put up some real stinkers every now and then. When I look at Siemens and his progression from September until now, he's improved ten-fold and to me seems to fit the role of a #5-6 bottom-pairing d-man, who can do a good job on the PK maybe better than Barberio.

I realize it's only a small sample size and a lot can change but I really like Siemens in that bottom pairing role (lol...never thought I would end up writing something like that).

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Anyone who thinks Landeskog shouldn't be captain should read a Wild GDT when we play them. I'd rename the team after him and replace the logo with his face purely for their reaction.

I'm down with that

Ucd2ZVr.png

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Anyone who thinks Landeskog shouldn't be captain should read a Wild GDT when we play them. I'd rename the team after him and replace the logo with his face purely for their reaction.

I just pictured this :laugh: With his huge laughing grin too, just to mock them. Gabrielado Landelanche? Avaskogs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad