GDT: Game 68: Avs @ Wild |Tuesday, March 13th, 6:30pm MT (NBCSN)| Unforgettable

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
usa_today_10670210.0.jpg

COLORADO AVALANCHE (36-24-8) vs. MINNESOTA WILD (39-23-7)
TUESDAY, MARCH 13TH, 6:30PM MT
THE WILDERNESS, SOMEWHERE, MN​
NBCSN

extralarge.png

LANDESKOG - MACKINNON - RANTANEN
NIETO - SODERBERG - COMEAU
ANDRIGHETTO - JOST - COMPHER
BOURQUE - KERFOOT - YAKUPOV

ZADOROV - BARRIE
NEMETH - GIRARD
SIEMENS - WARSOFSKY

VARLAMOV

extralarge.png

ZUCKER - STAAL - GRANLUND
PARISE - KOIVU - NINO
ENNIS - CULLEN - COYLE
FOLIGNO - ERIKSSON EK - WINNIK

SUTER - SPURGEON
BRODIN - DUMBA
OLOFSSON - PROSSER

DUBNYK

Reactions: Arnusson and cgf

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
This game would be a great time for a vintage Varly performance. We're going to need him to stand on his head.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No Bernier, no EJ, road game....Wild probably have this game circled on their calendar after the last game in Denver...

I'm certainly expecting a loss.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
so who sheds the most tears? Parise, Suter, or Boudreau? (Russo will make it the land of 10,001 lakes, but that's a given)

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Would love to see a big offensive game from MacKinnon in this one. It would answer a lot of questions about Nate on the road, and Nate against the Wild on the road.

That said, this team can't rely on MacKinnon every night. They need to find some secondary scoring. Landy and Mikko need to keep putting up points. Jost, Kerfoot, and Compher need to seize the reins they've been given this year and get back on the scoreboard. Barrie needs to continue to be a presence offensively. Comeau and Soda need to keep playing like veteran leaders and chipping in when they have the chance.

This team's success revolves around MacKinnon's success right now, but the more everyone else can chip in, the bigger margin for error Nate has game in game out. He doesn't need a ton of help the way he's playing, but he can't do it all himself if they want to beat out these teams for a hotly contested Wild Card spot.

Nate's doing his job. As opposed to other years, if they don't make the playoffs, it won't be because they didn't get leadership from their best players. It will be because they didn't get enough secondary scoring.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
We have a bunch of people here not feeling good about any game. -;-)

Will be interesting, the Wild definately don't wanna lose three in a row vs the Avs, playoffs is approaching and they should be super motivated.

Perhaps the Avs broke the secret code and know how to deal with them, we will see.

We have the real Vikings, we have the better Swedish players, history doesn't matter. Why our ancestors choosed Minnesota I'm not sure of, similar nature and same terrible climate as in Sweden, my grandfather's father was there too but changed his mind and went back. ;-)
swedesinminnsign446w.jpg

What time is this game played in Sweden, 1.35 AM? One hour sleep before the game and three hours after, perfect, I'm not promising anything. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
More plentiful and similar type of farmland was the main pull to Minnesota for Scandinavians... but we all know Colorado >>>>>>>> Minnesota.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
SCS has this game swinging our PO chances 10% either direction depending on outcome. Time for EJ to go Herb Brooks before the game.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
What i will really miss tonight is Haynes confusing our own players, McNabb striking out as soon as he tries to talk "numbers" and Lauren being Lauren.

We have no chance in hell tonight so we will win. f*** the Mild and Merry X-Mas everyone.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
so who sheds the most tears? Parise, Suter, or Boudreau? (Russo will make it the land of 10,001 lakes, but that's a given)

Is it just me or did Russo become less of an ass since joining the Athletic?

With guys like Winnik taking runs at MacKinnon, I wish Greer was called up for this game.

Plus, who doesn’t like seeing him do this:
$

lol oh man I remember this play but I never realized that was Suter he did it too. I really hope Greer pans out an the NHL level.

Not expecting a happy evening tonight. Road Avs can be a frustrating bunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad