GDT: Game #59: Coyotes @ Leafs - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Corner, ESPN+

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I thought that was okay tbh. Toronto definitely played down to us.

Will post more later.

I don’t know why Zucker got the boot?

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
0-FOR-FEB. Yipes.

Tough loss. Cooley is only 19. Two turnovers by him, 2 goals against. Nice he got one back. Otherwise I thought we were tough.
This is a really bad stretch. I hope the team is better for it in the long run.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Coach AT stating his unhappiness with Cooley’s backcheck… not sure if he meant in general or specific to one or both of Logans turnovers that led to leafs goals

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
0-FOR-FEB. Yipes.

Tough loss. Cooley is only 19. Two turnovers by him, 2 goals against. Nice he got one back. Otherwise I thought we were tough.
This is a really bad stretch. I hope the team is better for it in the long run.
Both those turnovers were the type that veterans don't tend to give up.
Learn and grow from it.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Can’t even be excited about the draft really until we know what’s going on with the arena. There is almost no real meaningful incentive to watch right now aside from habit

Reactions: Nowotny

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Some takeaways:

I’m glad Kerfoot is signed through next season. Really good free agent addition. Just a solid veteran.

Can’t say the same about Schmaltz and Crouse. I’m just tired of Schmaltz. I think it’s too complicated to move him at the deadline but I hope he goes. Crouse is also failing as a leader. Invisible. I don’t want to move him, but where is the consistency? He has so much potential but seems content on being the friendly giant.

You can see that the Cooley/Guenther era is coming.

It’s sad that Stecher is our third best D.

Everybody else was essentially a non-factor and not worth writing about.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I , like many of you perhaps, am starting to think that Hayton is a bust.
Always-Has-Been.png

Reactions: Grimes

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Some takeaways:

I’m glad Kerfoot is signed through next season. Really good free agent addition. Just a solid veteran.

Can’t say the same about Schmaltz and Crouse. I’m just tired of Schmaltz. I think it’s too complicated to move him at the deadline but I hope he goes. Crouse is also failing as a leader. Invisible. I don’t want to move him, but where is the consistency? He has so much potential but seems content on being the friendly giant.

You can see that the Cooley/Guenther era is coming.

It’s sad that Stecher is our third best D.

Everybody else was essentially a non-factor and not worth writing about.
The only hope is that they have nagging injuries that don't keep them out and they're trying to play through it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can’t believe I was stupid enough to think Hayton was better than Dvorak. Hayton is a f***ing joke
Someone else who is finally seeing the light. I have never seen a C take a draw and ends up laying flat on his stomach. I'm really trying to like the kid, thinking he will finally break out, trying to give him time after his injury etc. Hopefully during the off season he can reset and come back and be a decent second or third line C. Our C's overall stink about as bad as our D.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I can’t watch this shit anymore.

Why should I care when the team clearly doesn’t. You’re gonna lose 14 in a row and you don’t even make an effort to win a single board battle, cover anyone on D, just nothing.

I have lost faith in Tourigny. I don’t think this is a team right now. This is just a bunch of f***ing guys
Losing 14 in a row should never happen. I knew February was going to be a hard month and I guess I was right.:laugh: Onward and upward we go. Another high pick, another Russian who won't play for us for years. I wonder if we will ever look back on this skid and laugh about it?

We don’t even have a single above average offensive Dman to be even attempting such a concept on D. It’s ridiculous and Tourigny should be held accountable for making no adjustments whatsoever
What would you do? What adjustments can you make with the players we have?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
well, we're going to be only 4 losses away from the NHL record 18 losses in a row 2003-2004 Pittsburgh Penguins

I think we can do it.
My daughter said to me that we will win the lottery and the player probably will pull a Lindros. If we did, I wouldn't put it past that big mouth asshole Walsh to try and pull a fast one like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad