GDT: Game #59: Coyotes @ Leafs - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Corner, ESPN+

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
From the brilliant Craig Button who put Martin St. Louis on waivers.

Maybe it hasn't "worked" because the Coyotes need to be altered......by a franchise altering player. It should be noted we don't hear about player-altering franchises.

Reactions: Mosby

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I love how when we have a young player that we’re excited about he doesn’t do well like other teams young exciting players do. We don’t get a matty beniers or Wyatt Johnston or any fun at all. Any time you’re excited about a coyotes prospect coming up, cut down that enthusiasm by 50% and that’s how they’ll perform

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Toronto has made many head scratching signings, Reaves being a great recent example. Three years for a 37 year old enforcer, with a $1.35m AAV—too high to be buried in the AHL without a cap penalty.

Reactions: DustyDangler

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
He’s so cringe. I’ve seen youth hockey players who skate better.

Domi is also a see you next Tuesday.
Speaking of cringe, I yelled "sit the f*** down Reaves" after watching that here at 18 Degrees. Didn't realize there were kids behind us. Oops lol.

Seriously though. Game needs enforcers for sure. Reaves has reached a level of unbearable.

Aside: Wonder what it'd take to get Rempe from the Rangers.

Reactions: Mosby

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I remember at the draft just praying that Maloney would draft Marner and when Stromes name was called, the deflation set in. Good times.. good times..

However this year Strome seems to be doing ok.

Off topic I wonder if we can run the bench with 2 coaches instead of 3

Reaves flexing after that fight. None of those punches landed. Lol.

God I hate the Leafs.
I don’t know why he was flexing.. it’s not like OBrien has won a fight b4

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tyson Nash going on and on about how the team needed that fight and then the Coyotes continuing to play a mediocre, mid game is a new level of hell.

Reactions: LittlePipes

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I can’t watch this shit anymore.

Why should I care when the team clearly doesn’t. You’re gonna lose 14 in a row and you don’t even make an effort to win a single board battle, cover anyone on D, just nothing.

I have lost faith in Tourigny. I don’t think this is a team right now. This is just a bunch of f***ing guys

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
We need to dump the D coach and every D that has been brainwashed.

Our D every game think they are Bobby Orr and consistently get caught up ice. You would think after 12 losses in a row that someone might think “ hey let change things up a bit.. from now on I want the D to play defense. You live between the hasmarks and the blue line.

This feels like a 6 to 2 game

I think Kerfoot is the only player that has trade value

Reactions: DustyDangler

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
We need to dump the D coach and every D that has been brainwashed.

Our D every game think they are Bobby Orr and consistently get caught up ice. You would think after 12 losses in a row that someone might think “ hey let change things up a bit.. from now on I want the D to play defense. You live between the hasmarks and the blue line.

This feels like a 6 to 2 game

I think Kerfoot is the only player that has trade value
We don’t even have a single above average offensive Dman to be even attempting such a concept on D. It’s ridiculous and Tourigny should be held accountable for making no adjustments whatsoever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad