GDT: Game #59: Coyotes @ Leafs - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Corner, ESPN+

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, he's definitely an NHL player. Would you prefer to see him come into his own and succeed elsewhere.... like so many before him?
Why not? I would love to see Hayton succeed in the NHL for himself. Let's see what type of contract BA offers Hayton, but I would think it will be a show me type contract. Hayton's time is running out in Arizona. Speaking of someone who loves Hayton, what would you do contract wise? Put your GM hat one.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hayton needs a new contract after this season, doesn't he? Didn't BA have a difficult time coming to an agreement with his agent last time around? If so, wonder what the situation will look like this time around. Arbitration maybe?
What would you do? What term? What $$?

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Why not? I would love to see Hayton succeed in the NHL for himself. Let's see what type of contract BA offers Hayton, but I would think it will be a show me type contract. Hayton's time is running out in Arizona. Speaking of someone who loves Hayton, what would you do contract wise? Put your GM hat one.
1 x $1.5

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
What would you do? What term? What $$?

I really don't know about term and $. I'd be completely winging it without any actual knowledge on the topic, so I'm not going to even try.

He never should have been a 5OA pick. .250 PPG is a step back from last season. Sometimes I wish we could send him to Tucson.

That's all I know haha!

Reactions: LittlePipes

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Why not? :laugh: Because ima Coyote fan and tired of having so little success with our own.

I don't have a GM hat, I’ll leave that mental masturbation to the fools who seem to enjoy being wrong, more than right.

• Haha
Reactions: MIGs Dog

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Maybe BA should move Hayton, he moved our last best C in DVO, might as well put all the pressure on Cooley, I am sure he can go back to C since they hide him on the wing because of his D coverage. Or maybe Geekie is the answer?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't either, because it would be stupid. Talk about a player being asked to play above his current potential..... Hayton may be the poster child.
Were you not happy with Hayton on the first line with Keller and Schmaltz? Just curious, but what do you consider Hayton's current potential?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree. I think he could end up being a perfect l, really good 3rd line center on a contending team.
That is where Hayton should have been for the last two years, but because BA didn't address our C needs he gets stuck there. You could put all our C's name in a hat and the one you pick is no better than the other. They are a bunch of third and fourth line C's. Bjugstad is probably the best of the bunch which is pretty sad.

Maybe BA should move Hayton, he moved our last best C in DVO, might as well put all the pressure on Cooley, I am sure he can go back to C since they hide him on the wing because of his D coverage. Or maybe Geekie is the answer?
Hayton is not our best C.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
That is where Hayton should have been for the last two years, but because BA didn't address our C needs he gets stuck there. You could put all our C's name in a hat and the one you pick is no better than the other. They are a bunch of third and fourth line C's. Bjugstad is probably the best of the bunch which is pretty sad.

Easier said than done for BA though. He’s drafting players to get that spot filled and it takes some time. 1C and 1RD are the two hardest spots for any team to fill.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Easier said than done for BA though. He’s drafting players to get that spot filled and it takes some time. 1C and 1RD are the two hardest spots for any team to fill.
I agree, maybe I'm wrong, but there would have to be a C available somewhere who is young and better than our duds over the last two years. I'm not talking a first line, but what about a 2C. Also, we have no idea if the players we drafted will be better than what we have, and they are a couple of years away anyway. BA said we are entering a next phase, but I can't see that happening with our current crop of C's and D's as far as that goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad