GDT: Game #52: Wild vs Coyotes- 7:00pm - Scripps

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I do hate to say it, but my confidence in AT has dipped a little. There is outside noise but it’s ultimately is job to have them prepared and playing a sound, hard game. I don’t think they’re doing any of the 3 right now. Add in goaltending that has dipped into mediocre/bad levels and this is getting bad.
It’s not AT. You said it…goaltending has dipped and it’s an AHL D squad outside of Durzi and Moser…this is what he has to work with. This team is only as good as they have been because of above average goaltending and coaching. On to next year. If you think you can find a cheaper Schmaltz replacement in free agency or with a younger player like Guenther then you trade him at the deadline….rake future assets and have one more huge draft before you hopefully start turning the corner.

Reactions: DustyDangler

yeaher

May 3, 2019
It’s not AT. You said it…goaltending has dipped and it’s an AHL D squad outside of Durzi and Moser…this is what he has to work with. This team is only as good as they have been because of above average goaltending and coaching. On to next year. If you think you can find a cheaper Schmaltz replacement in free agency or with a younger player like Guenther then you trade him at the deadline….rake future assets and have one more huge draft before you hopefully start turning the corner.

Let me feel you in you want expensive everything because you can sell them for even more, but to the point of getting a cheaper smelt, no Id trade him if you could replace him with a better player is what you try to do. why replace a cheap pretty good player with another cheaper pretty good player when you could replace them with a great player

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Let me feel you in you want expensive everything because you can sell them for even more, but to the point of getting a cheaper smelt, no Id trade him if you could replace him with a better player is what you try to do. why replace a cheap pretty good player with another cheaper pretty good player when you could replace them with a great player
He isn’t cheap. He’s actually expensive.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Also how the f*** has no one whispered to Matt and Tyson that boldy isn’t a damn rookie
Someone awhile back said they thought Guerin was a bad GM. I think he is doing a pretty damn good job. He was forced with a lot of tough decisions

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
you mean Schm0ltz.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I do hate to say it, but my confidence in AT has dipped a little. There is outside noise but it’s ultimately is job to have them prepared and playing a sound, hard game. I don’t think they’re doing any of the 3 right now. Add in goaltending that has dipped into mediocre/bad levels and this is getting bad.
You can do only so much with the lack of talent we have. If you want to blame anyone it's BA. We all blamed RT, look at him now. We need to hit the 80pt. mark this year to call it a success. Let's see how this plays out.

Reactions: 87turbobuick

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You can do only so much with the lack of talent we have. If you want to blame anyone it's BA. We all blamed RT, look at him now. We need to hit the 80pt. mark this year to call it a success. Let's see how this plays out.
RT is likely to be coach of the year, haha. I'm sure glad we have a great GM and great coach or there is no way we would have this huge success and make it to 80 points and miss the playoffs by 15 points in year 4 of the rebuild:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Trade Schmaltz for any NHL defenseman you can get for him. Then demote Dermott to the AHL and call up Josh Doan. There would be a spark. I know it.
Come on now, cool down. IF we trade Shmaltz I would hope to add a few picks and get a C or D worth their salt. We have enough "any defenseman" on this team. We all knew D was going to be a problem this year. BA has his work cut off for him.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
you do make a good point wrt RT

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
RT is likely to be coach of the year, haha. I'm sure glad we have a great GM and great coach or there is no way we would have this huge success and make it to 80 points and miss the playoffs by 15 points in year 4 of the rebuild:)
In my eyes anything less than 80pts. has to be viewed as disappointing.

Crouse should go back on a milk carton.
Ever since AT broke up that line, Crouse and Maccelli haven't been the same.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Someone awhile back said they thought Guerin was a bad GM. I think he is doing a pretty damn good job. He was forced with a lot of tough decisions
He beat 31 other GMs on the Faber selection. Love that top line too.

Edit: Hold the phone. Faber was drafted by the Kings and was part of the Fiala trade. This I did not know.

The first became Liam Ohgren so Ohgren + Faber for Fiala...good trade.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Schmaltz is not going to "rake" any assets....

Reactions: moosemeister

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

I'm calling this year a success for the progression of:

Ingram
Cooley
Guenther
Durzi
Kerfoot
McBain
Maccelli

And an interesting half a season.

I would be fine if they didn't get another point this year. The NHL does not reward teams for winning just a little bit and I prefer draft position over a few more points. They can't catch up to Chicago or San Jose but Sens, CBJ, and Ana are viable. The rest of the year should be about discarding useless baggage and promoting some kids to see where they are at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad