Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
IMG_3963.jpeg

Reactions: DustyDangler

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
That 33-24 pairing is a disaster. I really dislike Dermott’s game a lot. He’s such frustrating player to me. I really can’t figure out why he continues to play as much as he does.
this x1000, and the only reason they're playing so much is because both Brown & Kesselring are even worse defenders...wrap your mind around that.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
this x1000, and the only reason they're playing so much is because both Brown & Kesselring are even worse defenders...wrap your mind around that.
5F2A228B-DA15-499E-BB6C-E69BE513C56B.jpeg

And it’s also just how physically weak he is. He’s constantly getting punked. It’s embarrassing. I feel bad because he’s a really nice guy and an extremely talented athlete who’s made it to the highest level of his sport. But he’s just truly as inefrective as an nhl regular defenseman can be.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
View attachment 819625

And it’s also just how physically weak he is. He’s constantly getting punked. It’s embarrassing. I feel bad because he’s a really nice guy and an extremely talented athlete who’s made it to the highest level of his sport. But he’s just truly as inefrective as an nhl regular defenseman can be.
Yes, it is embarrassing because he's 6'5'' and weak as a bunny. Not saying he can't improve, but he's a world away from being a 'solid' defender, let alone a good one.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
That 33-24 pairing is a disaster. I really dislike Dermott’s game a lot. He’s such frustrating player to me. I really can’t figure out why he continues to play as much as he does.
Bear seems to really like him but my hope is he gets time due to a lack of options.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I think we are jumping around between Dermott and Kesselring. Though, I like Kessering. And I think Valimaki-Kessering makes an ok 3rd pair.

Ahh...that makes sense...didn't realize Kesselring was that big and likely cuz he doesn't play big like was being pointed out. He is terribly inconsistent and uncomfortable when he is around the net defensively.

Feels like Valimaki has regressed this year (even before getting his face wrecked).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ahh...that makes sense...didn't realize Kesselring was that big and likely cuz he doesn't play big like was being pointed out. He is terribly inconsistent and uncomfortable when he is around the net defensively.

Feels like Valimaki has regressed this year (even before getting his face wrecked).
Kesselring has gone from never playing physically at all to trying his best to be physical sometimes to stay in the league. It’s a work in progress but I like what I’m seeing.

Agree about Valimaki. But I still like him WAY more than Dermott.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^the best one of those was an NFL one from a few years ago, featuring Cris Collinsworth: "Roses are red/violets are blue/now here's a guy/who cares about you"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad