GDT: Game 47: Columbus at New York Islanders | 1/24 7PM

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
This is subjective. What something seems to be extreme could be normal kvetching to others. I personally think this team isnt this bad, they are in a funk and they need to give Milano or Bjorkstrand a legit chance.

We agree on this point.

Other than the shortening of the word "legitimate."

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
Saad is about useless right now in the zone. When he tries to get in front of net he gets pushed out and just stays out. Not fully skating, more gliding. Loses possession...

I'm too lazy to research it right now, but I'm sure he is leading the team in O-zone giveaways.

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Oooof. Saaad. (Pun intended.)

He isn't as terrible as some of y'all make him sound but boy when he is off his game he just can't take control of the game like he does when he's on. :(

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
This is subjective. What something seems to be extreme could be normal kvetching to others. I personally think this team isnt this bad, they are in a funk and they need to give Milano or Bjorkstrand a legit chance.

Yeah... agree... looking bad lately. 6-6 in January. Hope this month they get the meh out of their system and turn it back on come Feb/March :yo:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Brutal game.

It could be a few different things.
Teams are fighting for the season while we "have a learning experience". It's hard to keep that adrenaline pumping.
We really miss David Savard. (JJ sure does)
It looks like some of our forwards aren't buying in quite as much.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Incoming, all the posts how this team sucks. **** off if all you can do is ***** and complain.

Give it a rest man, or stop reading these boards. It's a god damn fan message board for crying out loud, people are allowed to have opinions other than the one you hold, no matter how ignorant and annoying you perceive everyone else to be.

I understand both of these frustrating posts.

I will say that during the first period when the CBJ were winning and playing ok this thread was as quiet as crickets. Then when the second period started and the Isles scored it was quite ironic that all of sudden a couple posters show up and start ripping on the team. I find it hard to believe that it is purely coincidental.

But like Joey said, it's a posting board and if you don't like it there is an ignore function on this site that works very well.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Yes the Jackets scored a goal, but there was nothing to say about the 1st period...it was as slow and boring as we've seen all season

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
well at least people have caught on about what an embarrassment Saad has become.

Look, at the start of the season, I was as positive as anyone. But something has happened. They are not buying into the system that got them off to their amazing start. It may be time, perhaps past time, where Torts needs to crack the wii. And Saad needs to sit.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Most of the blame for the funk goes on the first line, other than Nick.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I didn't see the game, but were they outworked again? They are 3-2 at home and 1-4 on the road since the streak. They seem to be having trouble getting to the compete level of the opposing team no matter how mediocre the other team is... especially on the road.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I had this crazy feeling they were going to tie the game up, even when it was 4-1.
In any event, they really only showed up for the last 10 minutes of the game.
Bob wants that 4th goal back, I'm sure.
Saad definitely looks frustrated out there....had the puck on his stick a couple times, and just completely ****ed it up.

Next.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I didn't see the game, but were they outworked again? They are 3-2 at home and 1-4 on the road since the streak. They seem to be having trouble getting to the compete level of the opposing team no matter how mediocre the other team is... especially on the road.

1st was all Jackets. 2nd and 3rd all Islanders. Yes, outworked.

The Isles aren't playing mediocre though.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
well at least people have caught on about what an embarrassment Saad has become.

Look, at the start of the season, I was as positive as anyone. But something has happened. They are not buying into the system that got them off to their amazing start. It may be time, perhaps past time, where Torts needs to crack the wii. And Saad needs to sit.

It's a matter of too many guys not producing with a key injury that kills our ability to move the puck (Savard) and to some extent Nutivaara only because Murray is getting more time and Prout the horrific one is playing. Too many guys are non existent on the score sheet night in and night out, Dubi, Jenner, Saad and Karlsson. Karlsson isnt a scorer but he does Dubi's job just to as well to an extent but here we are paying two guys for the same production roughly. (I realize it is not that black and white) but the point is, we are missing a full top 6 line of production. Call up Bjork or Milano

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
On the bright side, both the Caps and Pens got shut out... at least we scored goals! :sarcasm:

But yeah, blue line injuries is exposing some of our floaters quite hard. Can't get past the 1st round of the playoffs if your big minute players can't play a 200ft game.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

Since the beginning of the calendar year, how many games has the CBJ played without a starter lost due to illness or injury?

We lost Bob for a few games, Lost Savard, had to play Prout...

Combine that with guys slumping, .500 hockey is what you get.

Also, Torts doesn't need to be breaking any small consumer electronics, maybe his foot off in some players behind, but still.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
All of these excuses are not reason for the guys on the ice to not work hard enough to follow "the plan".

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
After every loss, we pretty much hear the same laments from players... not getting to the level, not giving or sustaining effort. This team seems to have trouble maintaining a competitive level. Not sure if it's related to the personalities on the team, or maybe youth that has hit a wall.

Foligno: "It's ok for a period, or it's ok for a few shifts, it's just not sustained."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad