GDT: Game 47: Columbus at New York Islanders | 1/24 7PM

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Incoming, all the posts how this team sucks. **** off if all you can do is ***** and complain.

Give it a rest man, or stop reading these boards. It's a god damn fan message board for crying out loud, people are allowed to have opinions other than the one you hold, no matter how ignorant and annoying you perceive everyone else to be.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Is Saad still on the team? MIA past two weeks plus..

A lot of my frustration is D needs to heal up and gel back together but lack of O from guys we NEED O from is equally frustrating

Either way, first game all year I'm turning off early / falling asleep on purpose lol... tomorrow's a new day and an opportunity to get back into the right direction

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I honestly wouldn't be surprised by a major move at the trade deadline that people don't expect. With their play as of late, they will skate in as a wildcard and get eliminated easily in the 1st round. There are some players on this team who could be playing their way out of town by the deadline if they don't start playing a team game like they were doing a month ago. Slumps can happen but there are too many people "slumping" right now.

At what point does Torts start reinstating practice and morning skates because too many players aren't keeping up their end of the bargain.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Team is easy to play against since December. Little resistance on defense (Not just by the defenseman).

They read their press clippings after the streak and were feeling themselves. The all star break can't come soon enough. They're not ready, and as I said earlier, are going to be a very simple out in the first round at this rate (if they even hang on.)

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Give it a rest man, or stop reading these boards. It's a god damn fan message board for crying out loud, people are allowed to have opinions other than the one you hold, no matter how ignorant and annoying you perceive everyone else to be.

Lol literally my first ever post on the subject and I need to give it a rest? Go post some ridiculous trade proposals. I'm not holding anyone to any standard, just calling for some perspective. Carry on young lad.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Lol literally my first ever post on the subject and I need to give it a rest? Go post some ridiculous trade proposals. I'm not holding anyone to any standard, just calling for some perspective. Carry on young lad.

Sorry, it was more meant to be directed towards ALL of the posters who are fed up with people complaining about the team's poor performance since the streak ended.

On another note, thanks for giving me your blessing to go post some ridiculous trade proposals. That's all I ever wanted. Thanks.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Sorry, it was more meant to be directed towards ALL of the posters who are fed up with people complaining about the team's poor performance since the streak ended.

On another note, thanks for giving me your blessing to go post some ridiculous trade proposals. That's all I ever wanted. Thanks.

:yo:

I enjoy them.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I mean, these games were bound to happen. This is closer to the Blue Jackets I was expecting at the beginning of the year

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
Incoming, all the posts how this team sucks. **** off if all you can do is ***** and complain.

My concern is the lack of 5v5 scoring chances that our top forwards are generating. Contenders always have a line that can overpower. We knew the Wennberg line would cool off, but they aren't even generating chances

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
My concern is the lack of 5v5 scoring chances that our top forwards are generating. Contenders always have a line that can overpower. We knew the Wennberg line would cool off, but they aren't even generating chances

I will remain in saying we are a good team when we are scoring goals. It needs to be a team effort and truthfully we dont have many pure scorers besides Saad who has been invisible and Atkinson who needs some work on his 5 on 5 game.

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
A top-3 forward is sorely lacking with this team. Even when things were at their best, most of the offense came from the bottom 9. Imagine not having to play Dubi and Boone on the 'top line'.

(As I was typing the word 'came' I mistyped it as 'cam' and suddenly Cam scores. The world is a strange place.)

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Saad is about useless right now in the zone. When he tries to get in front of net he gets pushed out and just stays out. Not fully skating, more gliding. Loses possession...

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Read this thread and its pure hyperbole, minimal perspective.

"pure hyperbole" is hyperbolic. Most of it is criticizing this particular game or certain plays themselves. I don't see people jumping off cliffs and saying the team sucks as your post seems to imply.

Either way, it is a bad game and it's certainly frustrating to see us play so poorly. We haven't played as badly all season as we have in the past 10 games or so.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I mean, these games were bound to happen. This is closer to the Blue Jackets I was expecting at the beginning of the year

This is right. It's disappointing after their decent start and then almost historic streak, but resorting to who they were supposed to be should haven't have been discounted. We won some games during that streak where we had no business winning (Boston, one of the Montreal games come immediately to mind). It's disappointing, but I guess I and we should be thankful for the streak and how they played. But its back to reality. We will see if they're made of anything.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
"pure hyperbole" is hyperbolic. Most of it is criticizing this particular game or certain plays themselves. I don't see people jumping off cliffs and saying the team sucks as your post seems to imply.

Either way, it is a bad game and it's certainly frustrating to see us play so poorly. We haven't played as badly all season as we have in the past 10 games or so.

This is subjective. What something seems to be extreme could be normal kvetching to others. I personally think this team isnt this bad, they are in a funk and they need to give Milano or Bjorkstrand a legit chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad