Game #46: KINGS embarrassed by REDWINGS 3-1, Gordon Ramsay edition ...

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
put the razor blades back, we're fine. games like these reassure me that we don't need a trade. it's just a scoring slump. if the kings were on the flip side of the coin and winning games they didn't deserve, then i'd be worried. just going to take a little patience before the puck starts breaking through. their net presence was decent, so they're there, just need to clean it up. i swear, the depression around here during each team slump makes it feel like some of you have never experienced the ebbs and flow of a season before.

by the way, what is it about all the complaints on richards and toffoli? they were awesome. what the hell are you watching?

We have scored more than 2 goals twice in the last 10 games, we won both of those games. We are not fine if we just keep rolling with things as they are. We are a glorified one line team that gets little to no scoring from any other line. We also happen to have one of the worst PP's in the league. Lines need to be shaken-up, guys from Manchester need to be tried out, the fat needs to be trimmed off the roster (Fraser and Lewis to start), and we need to see about trying to address the lack of skill on LW that has been evident on the team for years.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
He's one of my favorite players, but in all honesty it's a miracle that Richards got a star the way he played. 8 shots, no goals once again. Big time game, but this is the first time he's showed a pulse in a while. Guess that's how he got a star.

In a 3-1 loss at home, one star picked by the local media has to be a home player and MR was probably the best of a bad bunch. Hell, in Montreal, they would have been all Canadiens, despite the score.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I'm really at a loss for words at this point, something needs to change. Maybe its something simple like changing up the lines and putting Carter back with Richards and reuniting 23-11-14.

Or maybe this team does need a big shake up like acquiring Patches or Kane.

I know everyone is sick of the Kane trade talk, I'd personally be against it since wed have to give up at least 2 of Toffoli, Vey, Pearson++.

I really think Sutter should explore breaking up 74-11-77 for the time being until everyone else gets back on track *cough Richards cough*

If we get to desperate measures then by all means pull the trigger on Kane, but I'd rather get someone cheaper like Cammy or Fleishmann, but with whatever trade DL makes, hopefully Muzzin is going the other way.

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
A note to management...
342622-chef-gordon-ramsay-funny-memes.JPG

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
put the razor blades back, we're fine. games like these reassure me that we don't need a trade. it's just a scoring slump. if the kings were on the flip side of the coin and winning games they didn't deserve, then i'd be worried. just going to take a little patience before the puck starts breaking through. their net presence was decent, so they're there, just need to clean it up. i swear, the depression around here during each team slump makes it feel like some of you have never experienced the ebbs and flow of a season before.

by the way, what is it about all the complaints on richards and toffoli? they were awesome. what the hell are you watching?

Good question. Apparently when you are the whipping boys of the month it doesn't matter what you do. You'll get ragged on after the game until you score a goal. That line had the most chances out of anyone. It just didn't go in. People act like you can just will the puck in. They did everything people have been asking them to, they crashed the net, they went in the slot, Richards won 78% of the faceoffs, what else do you want them to do? Please let me know what more they could've done to put the puck in the net.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
LOL and we took out Howard go figure. Mrazek starting at Anaheim. We are our own worst enemies :laugh:

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
I'm really at a loss for words at this point, something needs to change. Maybe its something simple like changing up the lines and putting Carter back with Richards and reuniting 23-11-14.

Or maybe this team does need a big shake up like acquiring Patches or Kane.

I know everyone is sick of the Kane trade talk, I'd personally be against it since wed have to give up at least 2 of Toffoli, Vey, Pearson++.

I really think Sutter should explore breaking up 74-11-77 for the time being until everyone else gets back on track *cough Richards cough*

If we get to desperate measures then by all means pull the trigger on Kane, but I'd rather get someone cheaper like Cammy or Fleishmann, but with whatever trade DL makes, hopefully Muzzin is going the other way.

Kane has to be available before any team thinks they're just going to "get" him. I'm not too sure that he is available, or will be, cause the Jets are first, very patient, and secondly, quite aware that every team in the league will try to fleece them for whatever assets they have. My point is they'll be very very careful with whatever, if anything, they may do in the way of trades. Winnipeg fans are very knowledgeable and will absolutely crucify the team if they don't get real value for some-one like Kane.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
We have scored more than 2 goals twice in the last 10 games, we won both of those games. We are not fine if we just keep rolling with things as they are. We are a glorified one line team that gets little to no scoring from any other line. We also happen to have one of the worst PP's in the league. Lines need to be shaken-up, guys from Manchester need to be tried out, the fat needs to be trimmed off the roster (Fraser and Lewis to start), and we need to see about trying to address the lack of skill on LW that has been evident on the team for years.

nobody would call us a "glorified one line team". we are a 3 scoring line team and THE best Kings team i've ever seen. i'm helluva lot more confident about this team than the last 2 years' team, ill tell you that much.

we're in good shape. this isn't the same scoring slump as what we've seen before. watching us lose the last few games makes me optimistic. i'm seeing the light peeking through the clouds.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I'm not worried! Kings got the league riiiiiight where they want em. We're outshooting most teams and eventually these extra shots will be going in. Nooooo worries at all.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Good question. Apparently when you are the whipping boys of the month it doesn't matter what you do. You'll get ragged on after the game until you score a goal. That line had the most chances out of anyone. It just didn't go in. People act like you can just will the puck in. They did everything people have been asking them to, they crashed the net, they went in the slot, Richards won 78% of the faceoffs, what else do you want them to do? Please let me know what more they could've done to put the puck in the net.

I liked that line and I though Frattin showed improvement and Richards is doing everything humanly possible to be better but he did mess up big time letting a rookie beat him to the middle of the ice. He did get caught up on another players legs there and that was unfortunate but when the margin between winning and losing is so close every game those are the breaks that make a difference.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Kane has to be available before any team thinks they're just going to "get" him. I'm not too sure that he is available, or will be, cause the Jets are first, very patient, and secondly, quite aware that every team in the league will try to fleece them for whatever assets they have. My point is they'll be very very careful with whatever, if anything, they may do in the way of trades. Winnipeg fans are very knowledgeable and will absolutely crucify the team if they don't get real value for some-one like Kane.

Right, my mistake. I was basing that off the thinking that Kane is available. It would be a steep price to pay for Evander, which is why I think we should only go after him if the wheels completely fall off before the trade deadline.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Muzzin's eyes are too close together, so in guessing he might have impaired vision. That's the only logical explanation I have for his tunnel vision, he can only see what's in front of him.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Not even worth it. People see what they want to see. I thought that Richards line was fantastic tonight. Frattin looked real good too.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Babcock said Jimmy Howard hurt hip flexor, petr Mrazek going at Anaheim.

Oh, great, they're going to have a field day with this.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
We could look at it this way. The Kings play playoff hockey. The way they play would win them 4 games out of 7 every single series (except Chicago). The amount of shots, chances, possession, faceoff wins, plus defense would give us the better of the chances to win a game come playoff time. Yes, we would lose 1 or 2 games due to bad puck luck or a goalie stands on his head like this game, hell we may even lose 3 games, but not 4 in a series. The offense will pick up. Especially when everyone is super focused and hyped come playoff time. Plus, the games are bigger around that time and there would be no crap teams in the playoffs.

Now, the style they play don't really translate to the regular season because every game would be close no matter the talent is on the other side. It just takes an off night, bad bounce, missed assignment for us to lose. So, I guess we'll have to take the good with the bad with this Kings team. Though, it can be very frustrating to watch.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We could look at it this way. The Kings play playoff hockey. The way they play would win them 4 games out of 7 every single series (except Chicago). The amount of shots, chances, possession, faceoff wins, plus defense would give us the better of the chances to win a game come playoff time. Yes, we would lose 1 or 2 games due to bad puck luck or a goalie stands on his head like this game, hell we may even lose 3 games, but not 4 in a series. The offense will pick up. Especially when everyone is super focused and hyped come playoff time. Plus, the games are bigger around that time and there would be no crap teams in the playoffs.

Now, the style they play don't really translate to the regular season because every game would be close no matter the talent is on the other side. It just takes an off night, bad bounce, missed assignment for us to lose. So, I guess we'll have to take the good with the bad with this Kings team. Though, it can be very frustrating to watch.

Fully agree and I don't think that many believe the opposite. We just need to make sure to actually stay in the playoff race, so we need to cut this streak and pronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad