Game #46: KINGS embarrassed by REDWINGS 3-1, Gordon Ramsay edition ...

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
I'll take the heat on this one guys.

I used too much Ramsay too early in the GDT and for not watching the game with my nephews.

dunce1.jpg

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
It may be a 3-2 league, but we can't currently compete in a 3-2 league with the amount of goals we are scoring. We can't just sit around and do nothing, this is going on ten games now.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm going to keep harping on this because it's ****ing stupid. Kings were fine scoring before changing to these current lines. They get changed WHILE the kings are on a fantastic run, and now they can't score to save their lives and Sutter is doing NOTHING to f'ing change things up.

But we need that elite top line!

I blame Mike Richards- no doubt about it- he needed to score at least 2 goals for the Kings to win this (I'm not counting the Wings 3rd goal as being a valid counter because Muzzin laid on the ice behind the goal line staring at the ref).

:laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Without piling it on, two things (on my phone again so can't really do much else right now)--I mentioned in the GDt we really need to adjust to the teams playing not to lose. Calgary, Minny, Detroit tonight--it's repetitive. I don't care if we get totally away from the system and just start playing ****ing pond hockey vs these guys, something's gotta change.

Also, you can see it in the body language, the players are frustrated too, so I'll at least acknowledge it's not a lack of caring or effort. They look just as miserable as us right now. The only difference is they get to go home to their million dollars mansions on the beach while we come here and smash our keyboards while crushing a double-double.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Sutter should just unit Richards/Carter, it's just sad for Richards at this point. Unit the JW/AZ/DB and pray they click again. Deano should fix the bottom six, it's pathetic.

arrested-development-dont-know-what-expected.gif

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Perhaps Sutter needs to loosen the leash a little, We get 40 shots from crap areas and the opposition seems to get half a dozen prime opportunities. We dominate possession but the other teams usually seem quite comfortable defending perimeter shots then catch us on the counter. We commit a couple of forwards behind the net, hump the boards, gain possession then give it away in the slot for a counter. It seems way more effective carrying the puck in 2 on 2 than trying to shoot through 5 men playing D.
Loosen the leash Sutter, let these boys show they've got the skillz to pay the billz

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Without piling it on, two things (on my phone again so can't really do much else right now)--I mentioned in the GDt we really need to adjust to the teams playing not to lose. Calgary, Minny, Detroit tonight--it's repetitive. I don't care if we get totally away from the system and just start playing ****ing pond hockey vs these guys, something's gotta change.

Also, you can see it in the body language, the players are frustrated too, so I'll at least acknowledge it's not a lack of caring or effort. They look just as miserable as us right now. The only difference is they get to go home to their million dollars mansions on the beach while we come here and smash our keyboards while crushing a double-double.

Never once have I ever doubted our roster's heart and will. **** just isn't going right and that Richards line is a microcosm of that. Talk about snake bit!

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
put the razor blades back, we're fine. games like these reassure me that we don't need a trade. it's just a scoring slump. if the kings were on the flip side of the coin and winning games they didn't deserve, then i'd be worried. just going to take a little patience before the puck starts breaking through. their net presence was decent, so they're there, just need to clean it up. i swear, the depression around here during each team slump makes it feel like some of you have never experienced the ebbs and flow of a season before.

by the way, what is it about all the complaints on richards and toffoli? they were awesome. what the hell are you watching?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
put the razor blades back, we're fine. games like these reassure me that we don't need a trade. it's just a scoring slump. if the kings were on the flip side of the coin and winning games they didn't deserve, then i'd be worried. just going to take a little patience before the puck starts breaking through. their net presence was decent, so they're there, just need to clean it up. i swear, the depression around here during each team slump makes it feel like some of you have never experienced the ebbs and flow of a season before.

by the way, what is it about all the complaints on richards and toffoli? they were awesome. what the hell are you watching?

Love this post.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
I'm beginning to think its not the roster. Its not even the system because Sutter asked people to go to the net. I think it's the players. We had the chances! We're just playing whack-a-puck at the goal crease! Go to the net but stagger it, because if everyone sits in the crease nobody can get to the rebounds. It will go behind them. Worse yet, the puck never gets to the net because there are 5 opposing players between your point and your forwards. How many Kings were in the prime scoring area tonight? I think NONE!!!

Edit: Doh, I mean it is the roster lol!!!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
"Herby" must have had a hand in picking the 3 stars tonight- his favorite player was star number 2.

He's one of my favorite players, but in all honesty it's a miracle that Richards got a star the way he played. 8 shots, no goals once again. Big time game, but this is the first time he's showed a pulse in a while. Guess that's how he got a star.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Scoring slum going on a month now? This patience you speak of will probably still get the Kings into the playoffs, as a wildcard team...maybe.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

I thought they had a decent game creating opportunities, they just couldn't bury it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I don't disagree that things get hyperbolic after a few losses around here but I would be interested to see our goals-per-game outside the end of 2012. I am a big fan of possession and we do that really well but if we are consistently not scoring goals over a long period of time to go along with that possession then something's gotta give

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Good team... hot goalie ... what are you going to do. 4th line was on fire tonight, lots of chances. Just a lot of parity in the league. Moving on to the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad