Post-Game Talk: Game 37 Bruins end 2017 with a bang and Sens are done.. B's 5 Ottawa 0 F

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Apparently Boucher is blaming the refs and the back to back for the loss. Wowzers.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Apparently Boucher is blaming the refs and the back to back for the loss. Wowzers.
LMAO!!!! They really did get an awful call preceding the first Bs PP goal. But the game ended up 5-0. I think I might look at my team not giving a crap before blaming the refs in a 5-0 loss.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He must have missed the other 58 minutes of the game. The one where his captain was laughing it up with Schaller and mailing it in. Or maybe Boucher left to go to Wendy's after the second.

Anyways great game by Spooner, Krug and Krech on the powerplay. Good to have a shooter from the point and move away from the 1-3-1 bumper tic tac stuff. Kids were good again and the 4th line again dynamite. Bergy's line has to get going some time. Rask again great game, glad he is dialed in. Backes continues to work his butt off and show the kids how it gets done. This is the Backes I wanted last year and this year. I am all for this, love the chemistry of the team and direction.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
His days are numbered
Yes they are. Its pretty apparent he's lost this team. They have been pretty pathetic for a while now. Not taking anything from Nash but when EK didn't cash him from behind the other night in Boston spoke volumes without saying a word. I can see a complete overhaul coming soon with him and Dorion both getting the AXE!

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I didn’t realize how much better the old lettering and numbers with the black outlines until I saw them again.

Is this something that is coming back permanently?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I hope Spooner recent performance is making the doubters he is a keeper

spooners had a good ten game stretch before. If he can carry this play through to the end of the season and into the playoffs I am willing to change my opinion on him but if he slacks off the rest of the year than no... sorry... 1 ten game stretch of good hockey doesn't a 3 million dollar cap hit make

that said, he has looked like a good value player for these past 10 games and hes been helping the team win. it does at least give me hope he might still be part of the future when there was no hope at all a month ago

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Starting to think that Ottawa might be done for the season.
It's going to get really ugly up there, fast. Especially with the owner chirping recently. It's too bad they're in our division, they're probably going to be making big changes and they have some pieces that could probably help us, but it wouldn't be worth the overpayment that trading within the division usually requires.

I didn’t realize how much better the old lettering and numbers with the black outlines until I saw them again.

Is this something that is coming back permanently?
I hope so. I can't stand the new numbers/lettering, especially on the home jerseys.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's going to get really ugly up there, fast. Especially with the owner chirping recently. It's too bad they're in our division, they're probably going to be making big changes and they have some pieces that could probably help us, but it wouldn't be worth the overpayment that trading within the division usually requires.
Belesky for Karlsson.

Ottawa has to retain salary though

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Just remembering the past 2-3 years... Was that even hockey? Man this team is night and day. Just so fun to watch, the present and future are very, very good. :)

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Krug made one of the plays that stood out to me. Early 2nd, inside 2 min he stole the puck in his own crease with speed. No one else on the ice can make that play!

What a unit this team is. Leadership and Youth at its finest!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Right now the ONLY team that might make a run at the Top 3 is Florida. Ottawa is done and so is Poutineville.

This turnaround started in Los Angeles when after a bad loss in Anaheim Cassidy canceled the morning skate at Staples Center.

The haters on the main board will say we are doing well because we are in a weak division but this team is playing well against the entire NHL.

The reality is as of today the Bruins are not a playoff team - they are a serious contender for something much, much bigger

636274357874921711-USP-NHL--Florida-Panthers-at-Nashville-Predators.jpg

upload_2017-12-30_23-21-22.png

upload_2017-12-30_23-10-33.png

Reactions: BlackCrowes

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins end year with shutout win - The Boston Globe

“Awesome, I don’t think I’d scored here in something like 13 games,” said Spooner. “I just want to help out“

“I think we’re playing as a team, I think that is the biggest thing,” said Rask, who made a couple of strong saves early in the first, then shifted into rocking chair mode when the Senators’ spirits caved amid the second-period beatdown.

“It seems we have the confidence,” said Brad Marchand, who remained tied with David Pastrnak for the club goal-scoring lead (15). “We’ve come together in the room like a family and really . . . we aren’t relying on one or two guys. We’re relying on the whole team.”

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Hate to be that guy but ... revel in this run but the end of our season is horrific for our young team.

At some time late February at best we get one day off forever.

If Cassidy can keep this group as high as he has through that ... we could have a long fun spring.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006

When was the last time youve seen Rask smile and laugh. Having everyone rush to him at the end and bump heads....

Saw him fist bump Chara after Chara wrapped up too sticks when Rask was down and out giving him time to cover the puck. Alot different then seeing Angry frustrated Rask

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad