Post-Game Talk: Game 37 Bruins end 2017 with a bang and Sens are done.. B's 5 Ottawa 0 F

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just saw Chara was under 20 minutes too. That's a nice side effect of games like these. Also nice that we have other Dmen Cassidy can trust, even if it's a blowout.

I also wasn't really paying attention, who sat with DK being back?
Bjork

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I'm not sure Atlantic #1 is where you want to wind up because you play Metro #4 - which could be Washington

Not sure I follow this one Fenway. Right now Washington is 6 points clear of #4 in the Metro, albeit with 2 extra games played. I think you're more likely to see one of the NY metro area teams than Washington. Pittsburgh could definitely claw their way back to Metro #4.

I do agree that #1 Atlantic isn't ideal, but that shouldn't be the reason to not want to get there.

Thats CRAZY to think about. Isn't Tampa #1 in the league? It seems this team is exceeding expectations by a country mile (knock on wood)

They are, but the B's sit 8 points back at the moment. I believe the B's are in the top 5 of point percentage. There's only 7 teams with more points, and they could have just as many points as 4 of those teams if they played the same number of games.

Reactions: TorontLoL 67

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Not sure I follow this one Fenway. Right now Washington is 6 points clear of #4 in the Metro, albeit with 2 extra games played. I think you're more likely to see one of the NY metro area teams than Washington. Pittsburgh could definitely claw their way back to Metro #4.

I do agree that #1 Atlantic isn't ideal, but that shouldn't be the reason to not want to get there.
I think the most important question is: which position is more advantageous. And we're obviously not going to know until we're MUCH closer to the end of the season.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just heard from an Ottawa mod that are few Bruins were 'coming in peace'

DON'T GO THERE

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
In hindsight the Sens playoff win over the Bruins was a curse. No way it happens without Krejci and 4 defensemen hurt plus a bunch of horrible calls.

But the side effect was that Boston got hungry and Ottawa overconfident.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What a wonderful night of hockey!

Bruins on Hockey Night in Canada. Don't even have to change channels to watch Coaches Corner. Get to hear Bob Cole & Gary Galley.

Tuukka stays red hot, though he wasn't pressed much.

Krejci's back and the power play scores 3 times.

But best of all, Spooner's 2nd goal. Off a blocked shot (that was not an accident but a defensive play) with his speed and skill to finish. Doesn't get to use his gifts without the defensive effort first. Loved it.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Gotta love the speed and intensity that the Bruins are bringing every game.

Great to see Krejci back and playing well.

Tonight's victory has just about sunk Ottawa's season.

After watching both Sen's games this week, Thank Heavens Sweeney did not trade Carlo + for Duchene.

Reactions: zaYG and Chief Nine

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I said this in the GDT

Players will only buy into 1-3-1 if they are winning - if losing they will quit and that is where Ottawa is now.

The Ottawa owner was crying 2 weeks ago that fans were not buying enough tickets to support the payroll and hinted they could relocate if things get worse. Ottawa is only a good road trip for Leafs and Habs fans as it is a little hard to get to especially from US cities.

It is not a good situation.

Reactions: xStanleyCupsFor

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I'm not sure Atlantic #1 is where you want to wind up because you play Metro #4 - which could be Washington
Would you rather play the Leafs who have beat us 6 straight games and would love to avenge the last time we met in the playoffs?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Spooner has lit the fire under his ass and has been playing fantastic. Lines are clicking. D is solid. Grizzy has been such a surprise on the back end. I can't wait until Darth Quaider can get into the lineup. But right now, who sits?

Solid solid team. Playing great. Playing fun. You can see it. I'm enjoying watching again. Proud of the boys and the staff. Here's to 2018!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad