GDT: Game 37: Anaheim Ducks vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 6pm PT,BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Missing half our top 6, but it’s not even about missing them, it’s that we have had a revolving door of Top 6 forwards in an out all season. No chemistry can be made, or players are rusty and not game shape. If it’s one or two top 6 players all season long then you can get by, but we have had pretty much our entire Top 6 ( Z, Leo, Mac, Terry, Killorn, and now Strome), out at one point, some for a significant time.
Yes well said. It felt like we were getting close to being healthy then Carlsson goes….then Terry. Even if they are healthy it will take time to develop chemistry.

Z missing training camp and Killorn out for the first month put us behind right away.

I think that’s because we were.

They’re a vastly superior team. I’ll take the effort defensively. The officials made it bitter though.
Ya I guess I find it a lot funner to watch when we’re not always on the receiving end.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
But hey, if you two feel more confident losing 0-2 and 2-7, then whatever floats your boat. I'll take the OT point with the refs still screwing us over. Now, OT play was terrible by Z.
maybe im just not happy losing game after game and not seeing any progression from key players and seeing the team still half ass their play or take stupid penalties. this is not an entertaining team to watch right now and hasn't been for a few years. and not to get into a tanking conversation cause i literally can't deal with that, but getting a point really means nothing.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes well said. It felt like we were getting close to being healthy then Carlsson goes….then Terry. Even if they are healthy it will take time to develop chemistry.

Z missing training camp and Killorn out for the first month put us behind right away.

Ya I guess I find it a lot funner to watch when we’re not always on the receiving end.

I thought they could have pulled themselves through if we got Z, Mac, and Drysdale back, but then Leo goes down, Gudas misses a couple of games, and then Terry and now Strome go down, after we get Lundy back. It’s very hard to get on the same page with so many changes to the line up.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Missing half our top 6, but it’s not even about missing them, it’s that we have had a revolving door of Top 6 forwards in an out all season. No chemistry can be made, or players are rusty and not game shape. If it’s one or two top 6 players all season long then you can get by, but we have had pretty much our entire Top 6 ( Z, Leo, Mac, Terry, Killorn, and now Strome), out at one point, some for a significant time.
Did they say why Strome is on IR? Did he break a hand in that fight or something?

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
I just don’t understand since samuelli sits on the real governing board(exec committee) of the nhl. Like how isnt this settled after 15years
Because he is in California and "earns" their money through "legitimate" means.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If you take out the bad 3 game stretch he had in November(I think), his numbers are pretty good

Dostal, Gm 37 for team.png

Great Oct
Abysmal Nov
Rollercoaster Dec

Imagine if Dostal was a starter and had to play through that abysmal Nov. I don't know if he would have recovered. Gibby shouldered a lot while Dostal had time to find his game.

So far, Jan looks very bright, but it's just one game.

Reactions: Rybread86

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm tired of losing all the puck battles. I miss Beauchemin.

I'm tired of seeing wide open guys who don't get passes because no one has any vision. I miss Getzlaf.

I'm tired of guys being weak on their skates. I miss Perry.

I'm tired of having no speed. I miss Selanne.

I'm tired of not having any plan to break the puck out of the zone. I miss Boudreau.

I'm tired of being bad. I miss being good.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
You can see him actively thinking how to not say out right "we were hampered by the refs"

It has to be hard to be in Cronins position at times. Yes, the team wasn't good enough, but the officiating being that bad it's hard to come into the locker room and say with a straight face that it was all because of the effort. You don't want to let the team off the hook, you don't want to blame the refs but when it's that bad....

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Just wanted to mention that this was my first game of this season because well *gestures vaguely* pretty obvious reasons but I found it odd that the team is sponsored by the "He gets us" people. Not even Jesus can help this team.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
I was at the game tonight. My buddy and I were surrounded by leaf fans. with the way they act and carry themselves you'd think the leafs had won the Cup 20-30 times since the 1960s. My God. They remind me of Vancouver fans from 09-12ish. They'd always come to our building and act like they owned the league and were superior to everyone else there.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I was at the game tonight. My buddy and I were surrounded by leaf fans. with the way they act and carry themselves you'd think the leafs had won the Cup 20-30 times since the 1960s. My God. They remind me of Vancouver fans from 09-12ish. They'd always come to our building and act like they owned the league and were superior to everyone else there.
Just remember these are likely the same morons that chanted "we want Florida".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille